http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/379.shtml

Base Stats:
Hp:
Atk: 75
Def: 150
Sp Atk: 75
Sp Def: 150
Spd: 50

Trait: Clear Body (Opponent's moves to lower stats on Registeel don't work.)

Notable Physical Attacks (New ones in bold, stab underlined):
Explosion
Superpower
Focus Punch
Earthquake
Seismic Toss (Emerald Move Tutor or EMT)
Counter (EMT)
Ice Punch (EMT)
ThunderPunch (EMT)
Double Edge (EMT)
Body Slam (EMT)
Rock Slide
Iron Head
Hammer Arm
Shadow Claw
Fling

Notable Special Attacks:
Zap Cannon
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power
Charge Beam
Flash Cannon
Focus Blast

Notable Support Moves:
Curse
Iron Defense
Amnesia
Safeguard
Thunder Wave
Rest
Substitute
Rock Polish
Stealth Rock
ToxicRegisteel@Leftovers
Careful 252 Hp/252 Sp Def/6 Atk
Ice Punch
Hammer Arm
Iron Head
Thunder Wave

Imo, this could work as a Specsmence counter. Registeel is unaffected by Intimidate. Ice Punch is a 2HKO while Registeel while Registeel can take a Draco Meteor. Fire Blast is something to watch out for, but it isn't an OHKO to Registeel as far as my knowledge goes.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 100 SDef
~Ice Punch
~Thunder Wave
~Iron Head
~Sleep Talk

Use this with wish support, and it's beast. This easily counters CSpecs Mence

Not really, as you can't safely switch in. According to my calculations, CSpecs Fire Blast will always 2HKO if both hit. Come to think of it, even Flamethrower can 2HKO most of the time.

Curse should a valid choice as well, even though Regice may excel at performing it.

Registeel@Leftovers
Careful; 252 Special Defense, 252 HP.

-Iron Head / Arm Hammer
-Shadow Claw
-Thunder Wave
-Curse

Max out Tank. When It gets a Curse In, It makes Itself a nice 364 HP/ 504 Defense / 438 Special Defense. Thunder Wave mostly causes switches and so. Shadow Claw + Arm Hammer is pretty good, since nothing resists It. It's overall defensive stats can be reduced in favour of Speed, but I would say Thunder Wave would cover that. Also, Rock Polish Set for pure sake.

Registeel@Leftovers
Adamant; 252 Speed, 140 HP, 116 Attack

-Rock Polish
-Shadow Claw
-Iron Head
-Psych Up / Thunder Wave / Rock Slide / Stealth Rock

336 Defense, HP, Special Defense. Psych Up can steal some useful boosts for Attack, Thunder Wave just stalls, Rock Slide for an extra attack or Stealth Rock for some Set Up.

Specsmence has two attacks that can potentially hit Registeel hard, HP Ground and Flamethrower/Fire Blast. HP Ground is going to be around in Competitor, defitnately, and Flamethrower is there already. Registeel has a good time switching into Draco Meteor, but not other Specsmence moves. I also don't see it countering a lot outside of Specsmence, and if you run Loco's set, its trapped by Jibacoil. I would also run EQ for that reason.

I think counter is a nice surprise, Registeel can survive a hit or two with its defense.

Specsmence has two attacks that can potentially hit Registeel hard, HP Ground and Flamethrower/Fire Blast. HP Ground is going to be around in Competitor, defitnately, and Flamethrower is there already. Registeel has a good time switching into Draco Meteor, but not other Specsmence moves. I also don't see it countering a lot outside of Specsmence, and if you run Loco's set, its trapped by Jibacoil. I would also run EQ for that reason.

I think counter is a nice surprise, Registeel can survive a hit or two with its defense.
Actually, HP Ground doesn't hit hard enough to 2HKO against more defensive Registeel EV spreads. It would basically just be reliable filler for Heatran, and perhaps one or two others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Heatran already gets Land Power, which is indefinately better than HP Ground, because it frees up a slot for HP Electric or what-have-you. Heatran actually resists steel and ice 4x at both, which is a logical reason to bring Earthquake/Hammer Arm(...).

Besides that.. Registeel has an easy enough time resisting Outrage and the like.

I actually like something along the lines of this:

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Thunder Wave

Flamethrower from Specsmence has a chance at the 2HKO on Registeel, and 2HKO's with Fire Blast always. Thats on 252 HP/252 Def +SpDef Registeel. HP Ground does 33% on a minimum, so it is a 3HKO on the same Registeel. That same Registeel can only 2HKO with no offensive stats. Salamence has a good chance of killing it with both moves.

Registeel switches in
Takes HP Ground
Registeel uses Ice Punch
Salamence uses HP Ground
Salamence uses HP Ground
Registeel faints.

Registeel will only survive if Salamence rolls close to minimum everytime.

Registeel@leftovers
Bold
112/156/212 hp/def/sp def
Iron Defense
Toxic
Rest
Seismic Toss

With the new metagame, this will be a great idea. Between the attack split and the uber attackers like rhyperior and weavile, I am seeing this registeel build as being a core component to the OU metagame. Ideally, it would switch in against a choice item'd pokemon, throw off an iron defense on the switch to another physical sweeper, then throw in two more iron defenses and a toxic. Unless a high-powered special sweeper (alakazam's super effective fire punch in RSE isn't strong enough) comes in, registeel will outstall everything.

Gengar gets the best of you though, so somwhere you'll have to throw on Shadow Claw

Registeel is somewhat similar to Bronzong. It is a great wall with Wish support. Something like:

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SDef
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
~Sleep Talk
~Rest

Magnezone may be able to trap it, but there isn't anything he can do to it unless he is carrying HP Fire, which is very unlikely. SleepTalk variant. Shift the EVs to Defense to make this like a Regirock-Regice wall, depending on the Defensive EVs you choose

It really depends on how much Damage Salamence does, but if he rolls minimum its not a 3HKO. Again, it will only survive if Salamence rolls close to minimum everytime. And a Crit seals the deal. Or Salamence could just switch out, and use Flamethrower when it predicts Registeel.

Registeel cannot take the repeated hit and runs of Specsmence unless it has Wish support. And if it turns out to be CB, EQ 2HKO's I think. Rest makes it set up fodder.

Of course... except for that fact that Registeel can't use Gyro Ball!

I've been overlooking the fact that Specsmence uses Choice Specs meaning if I switched in Registeel on a Draco Meteor, Mence would pretty much have to switch out, no?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People also seem to act as though Salamence has Shadow Tag. If you see it's using Flamethrower, switch to Milotic or something. You'll still be at ~50% for next time, letting you take a Draco Meteor.

How did you leave Toxic off Registeel's available movelist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)