SV Ubers Life of Honesty - My first honest team for the Ubers metagame

https://pokepast.es/b2f7848460ff2923 (here is my team)

Hello everyone I think this is the right section to be posting in. I tried laddering in a couple different tiers. And my favorite tiers are UU and Ubers. This is the team I have been using for the ubers tier and right now I am at 1302 on the ubers ladder. My team is really weak into when they also have koridon because when they use the move scale shot it has knocked out my skeledirge and then my entire team is too slow. I want to learn how to counter the offensive threats and how to also add more offense to my team because the games are very long and when I play really long games I feel like I can never look to get an advantage. I am learning how to play though and I want to thank the jamvad academy discord for getting me into the game

:koraidon: Honesty (Koraidon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Outrage
- U-turn

I looked at the Ubers analysis for the Koraidon and choice scarf looks like a very strong idea because its speed tier with a choice scarf allows me to revenge kill threats that my slower mons eventually lose to. I picked the fire tera type because it looks to be very common and recommended by good players. I asked about this in the ubers room for my evidence. I don't know what fighting move I should run but close combat is my other idea because it also has a 120 base power.

:arceus: Trust (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

I wanted a good mon that counters the kyogre spam on ladder and also takes electric type attacks from meraidon. One reason that I changed this to max speed is because if it is specs kyogre then I outspeed it and hit it hard with judgment. I would like to know if I should use a bulky set with special defense because then I can take more hits from the miraidon electro drift that is really scary for the rest of my six members. I used to run ice beam on my arceus for the dragon bikes but then I was walled by necrozma dusk mane so I wanted to stop it from setting up dragon dance moves on me. Calm mind helps me get a win condition if a team is weakened.

:skeledirge: Compassion (Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

I like this mon because it has a torch song that is boosted in the sun from koraidon, and I have been learning about synergy. I am using earth power to stop other skeledirge from winning against mine. Will-o-wisp is a really strong move that does passive damage and makes koraidon do half damage attacks. I don't like that the move can miss though. Slack off is the recovery move to stay healthy.

:ting-lu: Empathy (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Ting lu is my other miraidon switch in. I have the tera poison on this because of the ubers room saying this was a good type to avoid fighting and grass attacks. I did see a miraidon running solarbeam so I can use the tera poison on this ting lu. I really like setting up a lot of hazards so that my faster pokemon need less passive damage on the ops to win. Ruination allows me to take half the HP off a mon and I use that to switch into other mons when they try to heal, buying me time.

:kyogre: SPECS OGRE (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Blizzard

Kyogre is a weird idea but I am trying it because sun and rain together is a concept that I think needs more testing to see whether it is good or not. If they coexist in life, why can't they coexist here? I am using Choice Specs because one time I used Choice Specs Water Spout with my tera water and with a critical hit it one shot a miraidon and I think this is important in order to prevent them from switching in and getting off big hits. Thunder always hits in the rain and that means I can attack other Kyogre really well. I know that surf is a different option from origin pulse but I think the power extra makes it the better choice most of the time.

:zacian: Humility (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Because fairy is immune to dragon, I thought I should use a fairy type like the zacian options or a flutter mane so that if a pokemon is using a choice scarf and a dragon move, I can get in the zacian and swords dance boost for the win. I am using quick attack because with all my hazards I can try to boost my attack enough to knock out weak ops with my quick attack. I am using tera normal because it boosts the quick attack and also when the basculegion comes in I can ruin its day by using tera normal when they use last respects late in the game.

Thank you for reading and I hope that I can improve. Stay honest friends

https://pokepast.es/b2f7848460ff2923 (here is my team)

Hello everyone I think this is the right section to be posting in. I tried laddering in a couple different tiers. And my favorite tiers are UU and Ubers. This is the team I have been using for the ubers tier and right now I am at 1302 on the ubers ladder. My team is really weak into when they also have koridon because when they use the move scale shot it has knocked out my skeledirge and then my entire team is too slow. I want to learn how to counter the offensive threats and how to also add more offense to my team because the games are very long and when I play really long games I feel like I can never look to get an advantage. I am learning how to play though and I want to thank the jamvad academy discord for getting me into the game

:koraidon: Honesty (Koraidon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Outrage
- U-turn

I looked at the Ubers analysis for the Koraidon and choice scarf looks like a very strong idea because its speed tier with a choice scarf allows me to revenge kill threats that my slower mons eventually lose to. I picked the fire tera type because it looks to be very common and recommended by good players. I asked about this in the ubers room for my evidence. I don't know what fighting move I should run but close combat is my other idea because it also has a 120 base power.

:arceus: Trust (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

I wanted a good mon that counters the kyogre spam on ladder and also takes electric type attacks from meraidon. One reason that I changed this to max speed is because if it is specs kyogre then I outspeed it and hit it hard with judgment. I would like to know if I should use a bulky set with special defense because then I can take more hits from the miraidon electro drift that is really scary for the rest of my six members. I used to run ice beam on my arceus for the dragon bikes but then I was walled by necrozma dusk mane so I wanted to stop it from setting up dragon dance moves on me. Calm mind helps me get a win condition if a team is weakened.

:skeledirge: Compassion (Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

I like this mon because it has a torch song that is boosted in the sun from koraidon, and I have been learning about synergy. I am using earth power to stop other skeledirge from winning against mine. Will-o-wisp is a really strong move that does passive damage and makes koraidon do half damage attacks. I don't like that the move can miss though. Slack off is the recovery move to stay healthy.

:ting-lu: Empathy (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Ting lu is my other miraidon switch in. I have the tera poison on this because of the ubers room saying this was a good type to avoid fighting and grass attacks. I did see a miraidon running solarbeam so I can use the tera poison on this ting lu. I really like setting up a lot of hazards so that my faster pokemon need less passive damage on the ops to win. Ruination allows me to take half the HP off a mon and I use that to switch into other mons when they try to heal, buying me time.

:kyogre: SPECS OGRE (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Blizzard

Kyogre is a weird idea but I am trying it because sun and rain together is a concept that I think needs more testing to see whether it is good or not. If they coexist in life, why can't they coexist here? I am using Choice Specs because one time I used Choice Specs Water Spout with my tera water and with a critical hit it one shot a miraidon and I think this is important in order to prevent them from switching in and getting off big hits. Thunder always hits in the rain and that means I can attack other Kyogre really well. I know that surf is a different option from origin pulse but I think the power extra makes it the better choice most of the time.

:zacian: Humility (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Because fairy is immune to dragon, I thought I should use a fairy type like the zacian options or a flutter mane so that if a pokemon is using a choice scarf and a dragon move, I can get in the zacian and swords dance boost for the win. I am using quick attack because with all my hazards I can try to boost my attack enough to knock out weak ops with my quick attack. I am using tera normal because it boosts the quick attack and also when the basculegion comes in I can ruin its day by using tera normal when they use last respects late in the game.

Thank you for reading and I hope that I can improve. Stay honest friends
(You remind me of a certain banned user)
Tera normal is not exactly great on zacian, flying or ground is better as zacian still outspeeds basculegion even after scarf boost. But you need jolly to do that.
Blizzard is too inaccurate and ice beam is better.
Whirlwind would be great on ting Lu so you can phaze things out.
Skeledirge kinda sucks nowadays, if you want koraidon counter you can try arc fairy or ho-oh, but skele has its merits. Grassceus is really bad, you just get ass walled by everything and is free koraidon setup.
Koraidon looks fine, tho outrage is risky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)