Lexicon: The World of Antirrio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You may blame Hazerider and the random article function in Wikipedia for the name.

You are roleplaying historians, except you all have the ability to transverse through time and space to find out any information you want regarding the world. Nothing is known about the world yet, so it is your job to find out as much information as possible.

Here are the rules.

1) Each turn, each player is assigned a random letter. Each player must write articles that start with the assigned letter. If your letter is Z or X, then you have wildcard letter - you may choose any letter you wish.
2) If there are any undefined entries starting with your letter, you must write up that entry.
3) Each Entry must contain at least two references to other entries. The entry does not have to exist.
4) The information in each entry is considered completely factual. While it is possible for you to interpret events differently (or in this case, you can refer to historical events people interpreting events differently leading to certain events, etc), you must treat every entry as fact - you can't contradict it.
5) Game ends after 26 turns. However, I may shorten the number of turns as I see fit.

The wiki is located here

You will receive your account info and password through PM, and your letter. Round 1 deadlines are April 4th. Have fun :)

Glad to see this is up and running =) Great password you chose me too Tangerine >_> I will start working on my entry tonight, roughly how long would you expect they should be?

I think it's great that Hip is doing a more humorous entry. Not everything needs to be serious! Here's mine (rather fantasy/manga-inspired!)

http://www.whitecosmos.com/lexicon/index.php?title=The_Right_Hand_of_Destruction

[21:50] <Milkis> right hand of destruction vs holy blade
[21:50] <Raikage> that's what I thought
[21:50] <Raikage> 'ah well thorns has this really good blade'
[21:50] <Milkis> holy blade is "undestructable"
[21:50] <Raikage> 'I need a really good hand to beat it'
[21:50] <Milkis> but the right hand of destruction breaks everything
[21:50] <Raikage> I want to see who is going to write an article on 'lops'

By the way a 'lop' is a system of measurement, kinda like an 'inch' in our world

Small nitpick: about the carriers Rahoma, it says they used Apothe for colouring in the Apothe article, but blueberries in the Carriers article...
The glass is coloured with Apothe, and the Yaks with blueberries =P I do need to clean that area up, though, as it is a little unclear.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok, I think I finished it now, I dunno if I am supposed to do other articles, but I dont expect I will just yet..

It's kind of a stub, but to be fair, the dude was better left unmentioned..

Have a nice day.

I'm currently using a method of time (as in years) known as the ϝ, or digamma. It's just a symbol, I'll let whoever makes up that article for time measurement decide what the digamma actually stands for, I just needed it as a placeholder. I'll change it when we make the article.

Well, the thing is, most of us are using BCE and CE to denote dates, but I suppose that can be reconciled later on down the track.

On a related note, I've tried to compile a timeline of what's been done so far, with the following result:

Code:
Timeline
--------
1543 digamma - Maiden discovered
???? digamma - Discovery of Aurand and Antirrio

???? digamma/BCE - colonisation of Antirrio

4000 BCE - First Olrandians arrive in Libitus
2150 BCE - Beginning of the Hal Era (Shin)
2000 BCE - Ancient Olrandas established; Sumit Eosa born (with Blade of Life); End of Hal Era (Shin)
1000 BCE - Rise of the Way of Logos order
 555  CE - Sacking of Olrandas (by Serrell)
 621  CE - Reoccupation of Olrandas
 900  CE - Olrandas abandoned
1216-1228 - War of the Raging Fire; Shinhalium era begins
1278  CE - Prince Olaf (Grobwass) born
1296  CE - Theremin the Inventor (Serrell) born
1297  CE - The Age We Were Really Glad We Weren't Born In begins 
1300  CE - King Olaf XXVII (Grobwass) dies; Tobias the Jerk ascends, backed by King Dave (Godatland)
1340  CE - Prince Olaf (Grobwass) dies; End of Shinhalium era
1350  CE - Industrial Revolution (?); The Age We Were Really Glad We Weren't Born In ends (?)
1360  CE - First Cobalt Rush begins
1366  CE - Haz Cheetos composes Forest of Fear in A minor
1369  CE - Theremin the Inventor (Serrell) dies
1430  CE - Second Cobalt Rush begins
1440  CE - Peak of cobalt production in Olrandas
1479  CE - Olrandas abandoned
1524  CE - Ivan the Simple born
1556  CE - Great Antirrio War begins; Ivan the Simple executed as a result
1559  CE - Northstar Battle (Sumiteos and Telandra)
1560  CE - Great Antirrio War ends
2274  CE - Udine Conference leads to largely unified currency (udine)
2312  CE - Present day

To be slotted in somewhere (in chronological order):
????   - Sumiteos founded; Ethantius founded
 ????   - Luc Guillemot in charge of Sumiteos
 ????   - Isolda Lee's rebellion; Ethantius breaks away; Serrell formed (?)
 ????   - Holy Blade forged by Navertus for Serrell
 ????   - Emperor Gradius and Serrellian Civil War
The most glaring problem here is when Serrell was founded, but again, that can be reconciled down the track.

Edit: timeline updated for the age we were really glad we werent born in, the founding of Sumiteos, and udine conference
Edit2: incorporated notable dates in the Shinhalium and Ivan the Simple articles.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
1297 was also the begining of a time period known as the age we were really glad we werent born in.

I assume that ends some time before the industrial revolution, or perhaps it would be better if we just edit some dates..

Have a nice day.

I'll be finishing my article on Maiden probably tonight or tomorrow night, sorry for the hellish delay. :x

Thanks for that table actually I've been meaning to fix parts of the article that I wasn't sure about, mainly the first Antirrio colonization.

edit Why don't we change the discovery of Maiden to say 4050-ϝ (negative digamma) and just have the digamma in place of CE? Negdigamma can be BCE, i'm guessing, and then 0ϝ can be a turning point that we haven't established yet. Aurand/Antirrio discovery can be around 4010-ϝ and colonization could be say 4001-ϝ or so.

edit2: got it. The digamma can stand for Aucycle, since Aurand is the center point of the system...Maiden orbits it since it's less massive, and Antirrio orbits at the same speed so it's impossible to get an increase of heat by the planet straying too close to Maiden. Damn, I'm good.

Well I was thinking that the digamma could be used to represent the timeline of the original planet, where the colonising people came from, and CE/BCE for Antirrio time (because it's easier to type >_>).

What does everyone else think?

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
People who still haven't made an article:

RBGolbat
Gmax
Brain
TAY
Obi
Misaki-chi
evan
Sir Lu

Please post to show that you are still interested and will be posting something soon. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)