Left 4 Dead 2

Here's a question.
If both teams of survivors keep reaching the safe room and rely upon the tiebreaker to see who wins, is it a problem of them playing lousy as infected, just happened to be lucky, they're so good at survivors that they know how to deal with the tricks of the infected, or ... any other opinion?
What's your opinion on this, and which do you think is correct? (or happens more frequenly?)

Lack of coordination on the behalf of the special infected. I say that instead of Survivors because really it only takes sticking together to do relatively well with them, meaning it's easier for them to make it without special coorrdination.. Special Infected can't break up the team individually, so without teamwork it's difficult to take them down (still not as much as the first game though).

Time to necro this thread!

Right, so today steam has a midweek madness going on: 50% shaved off L4D2, but ends Thursday at 4 EST. I bought it already, and downloading it right now. Anyone else buying it, or playing it for that matter anymore?

I'm playing a lot on 360, and I love it so much more than the first game. My only gripe is that I rarely get a good team out of the XBL randoms. Like who in the hell starts a friendly fire fight in the safehouse when your team is fucking WINNING.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people.

Mmm.. L4D2 is lots of fun if you can get some other people playing, games fun, chatachters well written, its a really good game if you can gather the people for Co-Op.

Valve make some really good games...

Incidentally, the Steam price recently went down to $30.

I'm not sure how many people still play versus, but if you do, you might want to check out crxcomp, which is a scoring mod intended to be used in conjunction with confogl. It really helps to make games less binary, and with confogl there's actually a possibility of survivors dying to attrition.

Hm. Well, I at least saved the 5€ :p

Haven't gotten as far as trying versus yet; mostly I've been playing Campaign, and a bit survivor. Enjoying helluvalot, except for the characters; the original survivors felt more like real characters than these new ones.

Regarding that, the Passing will have a small shocker:
1 of the original survivors will die before the happenings of the Passing, according to Valve.

L4D Wiki said:
The Passing will take place between Dead Center and Dark Carnival in the suburban town of Rayford, Georgia. One of the main features of this campaign is a meet-up between the Left 4 Dead 2 Survivors and three of the Survivors from Left 4 Dead. (Note that the original Survivors will not be playable.) The original Survivors will appear in the campaign's first chapter, where they will meet up with the new Survivors. They will then appear once again near the end, to help Coach, Nick, Rochelle, and Ellis escape. The campaign will be playable in all of the current game modes, as well as the newly featured ones. It will be free for PC, and 560MSP on the Xbox 360. The DLC is called The Passing, due to the passing on, or death, of one of the original four Survivors, who gave up their own life to save the others. To explain how this happened, Valve will be releasing DLCs for the first game, in which the players play through a new campaign, leading up to the event, ending with one player giving up their life to let the other three Survivors escape. A digital comic book will also come out to show what happens to the original survivors as they go to Georgia and who actually dies.
My assumption is that either Louis or Bill dies; According to the wiki Zoey and Ellis will have some sort of interaction and same for Francis and Nick

I tried to find an official statement on Steam or a video, but no luck. Take that with a grain of salt.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the most boring game ever. You just shoot zombies that come from nowhere, navigate some dull and confusing levels looking for a checkpoint or something they give you no clue how to find and...nothing else? I'm glad I didn't actually buy this.

This is the most boring game ever. You just shoot zombies that come from nowhere, navigate some dull and confusing levels looking for a checkpoint or something they give you no clue how to find and...nothing else? I'm glad I didn't actually buy this.
Shall we generalize every game and only describe the gameplay in its barest elements?

Anyways The Passing DLC came out, how is it? I'd like some insight before I decide buy it.

if anyone is online and playing this, I'm about to throw my copy in. nothing better to do.

EDIT: You guys might want my GT... it's ZeroX54321 (same as my smogon name without the underscore "_")

Haha, lame people with Xboxes that have to pay for DLC. I win!

I haven't played it yet. My friend seems quite impressed.

Yeah, The Passing is awesome. The new gun (M60) is practically a ranged chainsaw, literally blowing up them zombies, and what I tried out of the golf club, it's pretty good. Top 5 of melee weapons, right behind the slashing ones. Also, the new uncommon common (Fallen Survivor) is getting on my nerves: He runs quite fast -.- I also saw the baseball bat in the safe rooms: Looks like us non-preorderers gets to use it now, if only in The Passing.

The levels have some spacious areas, though the crescendo at chapter 2 is going to bring hell without a melee weapon/adrenaline. And the last chapter... Now, I haven't played Scavenge myself, but that one is pure hell with bots. 1-2 gas cans on one spot, and they are SCATTERED. Gladly the old survivors give you some covering fire, and sometimes drop you supplies, like pills or grenades.
The dead one was Bill :(

So buy it? Yeah, it is worth it, and I see it becoming good fun in VS. The levels look pretty good for it, though I have yet to try it out.

Also, if you want to hook up with me, my Steam Account is Exarius4. I can also be found in the Steam Smogon Group, most probably playing L4D2. Just pop me a message here/there if you add me though.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My friend lent me his steam account. I just downloaded L4D2 and The Passing. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Met my expectations, just barely.

Anyways, I guess I'll see some of you on? My mic is pretty crappy so you'll have to excuse that.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If your friend lent you his Steam account, that means you weren't playing with him. So there's a good chance you were playing either by yourself or with strangers. In that case, I'm surprised it even met your expectations. The game is trash alone, but absolutely awesome with friends.

If your friend lent you his Steam account, that means you weren't playing with him. So there's a good chance you were playing either by yourself or with strangers. In that case, I'm surprised it even met your expectations. The game is trash alone, but absolutely awesome with friends.
Actually, I'd like to disagree slightly on that. I play often with strangers, because I got 4 who play L4D2 on my friend list: Sometimes it evolves into a very enjoyable game. Also, 3 of those 4 on my friend list I met through a random game: After we enjoyed the game, we added each other and still play together mostly.

But, is anybody interested in making a Smogon-game tomorrow or next week (on PC version)? We could have some real good time together, instead of just talking in this thread. The mode could be decided on the spot or something, need to find out how many are interested first.

Also, if anybody is interested to play with me, I am going to play now. Pop me a message or something on steam if you are interested (you can find me through the smogon group).

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Previous to that, I had an illegal copy that I would LAN with, with my friends during Spring Break. So I'm kinda played a bit before my friend gave me his steam account with it.

Question: Does anyone know how to get better with a Hunter? I keep screwing over my team whenever I'm a hunter because quite frankly, I can't play it for shit.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
WTF?

BILL IS DEAD?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
D:

This is the worst day ever. I feel like crying now...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I do wish they integrated the old survivors better. They made it seem like it would be a lot bigger than it really was.

Ok that was really disappointing. Granted, i haven't tested the mutation mode yet, and the map is ok, but... that's all? The old survivors weren't even explained properly, they didn't really help much (Ok, they did kill a tank chasing me)...

I just hope the mutation mode is good. Realism Versus sounds really interesting.

I think that the Mutation Mode is the best thing that came out of this bundle. It'll definitely add a lot of life to this game. Here's hoping Bleed Out will be a bit better for one with no friends to play with. (Me) :(

I found this game to be horrible. I loved the first one, but quickly got sick of playing exceptionally well with my friend and getting destroyed by a spitter hitting us from across the map through a wall or 2. I could deal with all the other new stuff, I liked the 2 tanks at once in some finales, I liked the melee weapons, I liked the levels (cept the 4th campaign, fucking horrendous). I thought it was a disappointment and this is coming from someone who got the achievement for 53 595 kills on three separate xbox accounts on number 1.

Did they fix the broken spitter?

I thought they made number 2 to help fix the AI. The AI not only is bad but it's detrimental to players, wasting all types of supplies by running up to make out with the tank or something. That makes it just unreasonable- I hate playing with randoms online as they often are 10 year olds who are just useless at the game, so I DEMAND bots that at least don't run in front of me while I'm unloading full bore on a tank or something.

I found this game to be horrible. I loved the first one, but quickly got sick of playing exceptionally well with my friend and getting destroyed by a spitter hitting us from across the map through a wall or 2. ...

Did they fix the broken spitter?
Yes, I've never seen something like this happen (unless you play on Xbox, dunno if that version is patched (doubt)).

I thought they made number 2 to help fix the AI. The AI not only is bad but it's detrimental to players, wasting all types of supplies by running up to make out with the tank or something. That makes it just unreasonable- I hate playing with randoms online as they often are 10 year olds who are just useless at the game, so I DEMAND bots that at least don't run in front of me while I'm unloading full bore on a tank or something.
2 ways to fix this:
1: Live with it. I hate the bots way of wasting supplies too, but it definitely isn't as bad as you make it. They are definitely better than some randoms that can be found online.
2: Play with some of us in this thread. You wouldn't have randoms play with you, and everybody gets more people who to play with. Win/win situation.

EDIT: I was looking for some fun stuff on youtube, and found this. Seems Chargers are some racist bastards.

I found the passing's campaign was a little disappointing, the maps were generally boring (I've had no incentive to play through them for a second time!) and there was very little interaction between the old survivors and the new survivors. However the passing was harder than previous campaigns (unsure if this was due to me having not played it in a while or if it was just harder) which was good, the new weapons were fun to use and the new mutation mode should be interesting, once I get a chance to play it.

Should anybody want to add me on steam, my steam profile is linked in my sig.

So the Mutations have gone on for a month now, and we even got the first round of them for good (Realism Versus). Today we got Last Man on Earth, which basically pits you alone against the infected. No bots, no co-op. Only you and your gun/ears/eyes. There are no common infected, but only special infected (boomer withstanding, for obvious reasons). If you get incapped by Hunter/etc, you don't die, you get incapped, stand up and go to gray. Next fall is lethal, of course.

I gave LMoE a shot, to get more on the achi and get a feel on it. And DAMN, that is something completely else. My heart almost stopped at the first hunter, I played Dead Center on Normal. Ambushed down the first hallway, when you turn left and go out on the ledges after the roof falls in. Few of my impressions on this:

• Hunter is deadly. with a Capital D. Fucker sneaks on you before smacking you silly. He was the only one that got me down a couple of times to gray. The others I heard a mile away, and reacted accordingly.

• Machine Guns, especially AK w/ Laser sight and the SCAR are godsent. You need to take them down in the distance, otherwise goodbye you.

• Supplies: They give quite alot of First Aid kits. I found at least 10 during the first chapter of DeC. And the chainsaw is an awesome sidekick. You hear a hunter, spot it and rew up 'saw. If they try to bounce you, the saw kills them before they connect. Same with jockey, and smokers tongue is broken by it. Assuming you haven't shot them, of course.

• They give tier 2 weapons ASAP. Safe houses and the first batch of real weapons were SCAR and SPAS/Autoshotty for me. Random weapons out in the world are still tier 1, but you shouldn't need to pick any of them up.
Personally, I didn't like it that much. You sit on the edge of your seat, but I don't like that kind of play much. It is still quite awesome, so give it a spin if you want to try something completely else than the normal gameplay.

To get some discussion:

• What do you think of this Mutation?
  • What do you think of the Mutations till now/Mutations generally?
  • What do you think they will throw at us in the future? I realise some of them were given out by some players, but is there anything you wish would show up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)