League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

1. dig
2. col
3. lmq
4. eg
5. lmq
6. c9
7. tsm
8. crs

#THEDREAM
#RIPINSEC
#SAWITCOMIN
#BLINGASFORDIGMID
Man, LMQ is really gonna make a splash in the LCS by dominating CLG so hard that CLG drops out of the LCS in favor of more LMQ

edit: Dig signs Shipthur and Zion opopop

Last edited:
1. C9
2. CLG*
3. TSM**
4. LOMO***
5. CRS
6. DIG****
7. COL
8. EG

Notes & Assumptions:
* CLG's new toplaner being at least on Dyrus' level and can easily communicate with the team
** Xpecial is kept and the team gets along well again
*** No roster changes/no 6 man rotating roster. Uzi is already confirmed to remain in china, though.
**** Scarra is kept (pretty much confirmed but still).
- I'm expecting the top 4 to be relatively similar in power, so I won't be too surprised at any order. Curse and Dig also have historically been similar in power.
- Also expecting Curse to not have wild roster changes because they always do that =/
Dyrus is very overrated, he only farms, still has poor jungle awareness. C9 said it, he is a horrible Lee Sin.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Dyrus' lee is nothing to speak home about but that doesn't say much about his toplane prowess on the other meta champs. The only other player in NA at the moment that outperforms Dyrus when it comes to laning and teamfight contribution is Balls. Unless toplane goes into a state where you need to be able to play Lee Sin well (see: jungle) to play top well, Dyrus is doing his job pretty well (or at least, better than he ever did).

I guess I'll have to change my power rankings with the recent news of Dig's pickup of Coast's star players, but I'll wait for EG to complete whatever the heck they're doing. I believe that Krepo is at least competent enough to avoid being replaced, but yellowpete and Snoopeh might have to move out. I am also waiting on information of scarra's creation of a full support staff to train the team into top shape.

Feel like Westrice is gonna be reddit's new punching bag with Nien/Zuna/Nintendude out of the picture so best of luck to him to get everything together and not fail in the LCS.

lmq TSM and dig are gonna be in a battle for third, CLG and c9 will duke it out at the top, and the other 3 will get crushed by everyone in the top 5
An big upgrade in the jungle and a potential upgrade (in terms of team morale at least since it seems like everyone hates xpecial) and I think TSM could definitely beat and surpass C9. The main thing separating these two teams is that Meteos is a significantly better jungler and C9 had better synergy and shot calls. Replacing OddOne and Xpecial should help both of that honestly

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
An big upgrade in the jungle and a potential upgrade (in terms of team morale at least since it seems like everyone hates xpecial) and I think TSM could definitely beat and surpass C9. The main thing separating these two teams is that Meteos is a significantly better jungler and C9 had better synergy and shot calls. Replacing OddOne and Xpecial should help both of that honestly
Ok the thing you and so many other people miss is that C9 is one of the smartest and most efficient strategic teams in the world. After their experience at world's last year they've evolved past the point where you can just beat them simply by increasing your talent. You need talent AND a very good understanding of strategy. I heavily doubt that replacing oddone or xpecial will suddenly give TSM a new found mastery over macro-strategy. They need to build that understanding from the ground up, but that won't happen so long as Regi is their only coach.

Ok the thing you and so many other people miss is that C9 is one of the smartest and most efficient strategic teams in the world. After their experience at world's last year they've evolved past the point where you can just beat them simply by increasing your talent. You need talent AND a very good understanding of strategy. I heavily doubt that replacing oddone or xpecial will suddenly give TSM a new found mastery over macro-strategy. They need to build that understanding from the ground up, but that won't happen so long as Regi is their only coach.
tehe ☆

u so rite valk :>

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I disagree with that pride thing jeb, I think at this point it's clear that NA is a place that is clearly looking to heavily improve itself internationally, but has a smaller in house pool of players to deal with due to the general north american approach to solo queue. Reaching out to international players who have the same drive to compete whose thirst can't be satiated by their home region shows will raise the general competitive culture of NA at the pro level which can also inspire non-pros to be more competitive in solo queue which could trigger a better crucible to churn out actually good players for the NA scene in the future ETC ETC.

Alternatively I will say the EU scene will be 100% EU and will still suck this split and at worlds... so where's their pride I ask, if their culture is literally driving talented players away almost in droves.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'd say that, under certain circumstances, a foreign player can transform into an NA player. For me, it's ~2 LCS splits and the ability to properly interact with the NA fanbase during their time. The last part is important as a Korean league cyborg invasion would spell doom for the NA scene.

Luckily, we haven't gotten any malicious invasions with the exception of Korean Quantic. Everyone who came into NA has at least been able to interact with the culture and fanbase - at some point they'll simply be Americanized and be part of us.

Hope they make a rule (excluding existing teams) where non LCS teams going into 2015 must have at least 3 players born in NA, or a citizenship for a certain amount of time. These international roster buyins are going to kill talent growth in NA.

NA scene needs to step up and get massive corporations to sponsor teams (skt = Korean Verizon and CJ = Korean general Mills) so that the players and coaches (get real coaches not just retired players) can be paid a real salary and everyone can commit their lives to the game. Korean teams scrim 8 hours per day (4 vs sister team and 4 vs other teams), and some NA teams don't even scrim for half that long. The only way talent will develop in NA is if "professional league of legends player" becomes a realistic career path. Right now, the only people who have a realistic chance of making a living from LoL in NA are owners (regi, hotshot) and regular streamers (who commit to building a personality and a fanbase rather than their competitive skill).

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OddOne leaving TSM Jungler role. Sad day.

Cool that he might stay as a coach though. He's fallen behind per se to the other pro junglers (aside from hiccup moments from Meteos like "URF BLU LGI!" but URF was more for a fun match) but he has a shitload of knowledge.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Well in KR they make teams out of solo q super stars, faker, marin, flame etc...in NA they don't. pretty easy to figure out why na solo queue sucks just from that, what's the point in trying so hard... you don't have much of a chance @ going pro as you would in kr solo q

its all in the infrastructure, its hard to compete

as long as dyrone is on TSM i will always support them

TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM #baylife

ok this might be an overly specific question but how do I prioritize armor vs MR against people with BORKs/Feral Flares ???

I went up against a Jax-Yi top-jungle combo just now, and got absolutely shredded in teamfights in midgame. I was playing Shyvana and built a lot of armor (Randuin's Sunfire as my 4th/5th items, after Wriggle's/BORK/boots) because their ADC was getting kinda fed and their Kayle mid sucked, but still got rekt in teamfights. Should I have built MR earlier? should I always build MR earlier when dealing with a Jax? these questions keep me up at night

randuin's in particular is fantastic against MOST feral flare champions because they're highly reliant on attack speed

it seems like you're playing shyvana jungle so naturally if you go flare -> bork you are going to get SHREDDED by jax + yi + fed ADC + kayle; you can't expect to be able to ult into teams and survive as DPS jungle shyvana and you need a different mindset when playing her. honestly unless your support and top lane are also diving in with you, you may just want to peel jax and yi off your squishies while they do work

as for the MR question, the amount of physical damage that jax and yi put out is massive compared to their magic DPS, so armor is almost always better until you see their kayle getting huge. randuin's is a fantastic buy against their entire team

it's worth noting that even full tank top lane shyvana won't be able to dive headfirst into jax + yi + fed ADC + kayle without any backup and expect to last longer than 3 seconds; a lot of the issue could just be your timing or positioning

I mean we won every teamfight that game because we were pretty far ahead, I guess I just figured I should be surviving a little longer because I'm not used to dying that quickly that late in games. we started off really far ahead in every lane but bot so I built pretty aggressively going BORK 2nd/at all, and I guess pushing off the tank stats really hurt me midgame when I tended to be the main/only initiate. after I finally started building tank they had kinda caught up in the damage department, meaning just about every fight ended up as a 4-1 or 4-2 with me dying just about every time :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)