Announcement LC Suspect — The Woo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elekid can beat woobat , it doesn't matter a lot because elekid is not relevant atm because pinch high usage and lack of hidden power,and other problems elekid has always had, but it can ohko woobat usually even with the cm boost , so saying it doesn't beat it it's just a lie
If it's 23hp :
236 SpA Life Orb Elekid Thunderbolt vs. +2 0 HP / 0 SpD Woobat: 18-26 (78.2 - 113%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (18, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26)
And even if its 24hp you leave it in range of any prio move / faster mon
pd: evio woobat is trash and should never be used
The problem with grassy seed Woobat isn’t just the grookbat strat that is so prevalent, but the webs or screens that so commonly accompany it. Elekid can’t outspeed if it hits a web, and only hits for 12 damage most thunderbolts through light screen on a Woobat after a single calm mind. It then gets OHKO’d in return.
Sure, you could run scarf elekid, but that still won’t OHKO +2 Woobat.

I vote no to ban woobat in lc.
If you want to ban something let's ban grassy seed or ability simple on woobat instead of banning this pokemon itself.
There is already small ammount of usable flying or psychic type pokemon in generation 8's lc metagame i do not see any reason to cut another mon from it just because of item and one of its 3 abilities which can be neutralized by Koffing's Neutralizing Gas.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Neutralizing_Gas_(Ability)

If you want to ban something let's ban grassy seed or ability simple on woobat instead of banning this pokemon itself.
There is already small ammount of usable flying or psychic type pokemon in generation 8's lc metagame i do not see any reason to cut another mon from it just because of item and one of its 3 abilities which can be neutralized by Koffing's Neutralizing Gas.
This isn’t a valid reason to ban it lol and even if you ban gseed or simple, it will still be a problem under screens: sub nplot juice will be the new wave. More or less it will be a busted nplot vulla (busted because priorities aren’t good vs it, :4 mpunch, ajet isn’t used, you can use fi only one time, only sucker punch is good but you need to predict well subs and it doesn’t kill at full under screens + no weak armor means no def drops). The problem isn’t grassy seed or simple, is woobat as mon. If you don’t ban it, is it healthy for the meta? The answer is absolutely no. And even if you ban gseed or simple, would it be useful for the meta? Again the answer is no. So as you can see this mon is only unhealthy for the meta and we should ban it surely.

Last edited:
Go hit the suspect requirements and vote then.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/woobat-suspect-identification-thread.3680593/

This isn’t a valid reason to ban it lol and even if you ban gseed or simple, it will still be a problem under screens: sub nplot juice will be the new wave. More or less it will be a busted nplot vulla (busted because priorities aren’t good vs it, :4 mpunch, ajet isn’t used, you can use fi only one time, only sucker punch is good but you need to predict well subs and it doesn’t kill at full under screens + no weak armor means no def drops). The problem isn’t grassy seed or simple, is woobat as mon. If you don’t ban it, is it healthy for the meta? The answer is absolutely no. And even if you ban gseed or simple, would it be useful for the meta? Again the answer is no. So as you can see this mon is only unhealthy for the meta and we should ban it surely.
I don't think sub nplot juice is nearly as busted as nplot vulla for what its worth, and its far worse than gseed woobat. Woobat saw some use on webs with calm mind last gen, but when veils were running rampant nplot vull was used on most teams, not bat, because Vull outclasses it in so many ways. I can see the logic behind banning woobat because of gseed cm even if I disagree, but sub np is not an issue at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. The only reasons to ban an ability are either if it makes EVERY LAST ONE of the mons with it broken, enables broken strategies, or if it's uncompetitive. An item ban is even more absurd. Also, Koffing has a type disadvantage against Woobat, so that doesn't help your case any (and tbf, if your only strategy to counter Woobat involves an ability that is exclusive to something that loses to it [and is no longer effective when it leaves the field], that only strengthens the case that it needs to go).

0 SpA Woobat Stored Power (60 BP) vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 12-14 (57.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ruh roh raggy. And that's assuming Koffing was not damaged by anything else prior and isn't coming in on Stealth Rock. If it Calm Minds as Koffing comes in, we get this instead:

+1 0 SpA Woobat Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Koffing: 26-32 (123.8 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Of course, all of this ignores that no sensible player would leave their Koffing in on a Woobat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)