Last Night I made a Wish, and it came True!

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
In the Past-Jibaku's warstories always made me want to try out Ubers back when he wrote them. Back then however, I was not as experienced as I am now at OU, so I wanted to master that first. With the creation of the Uber ladder on Shoddy and Train Mans great warstories, I decided to jump into the Uber metagame. My first team was a complete failure, going 0-5 before I completely trashed it. I gave up at Ubers for a weak, only to come back to it excited to redeem myself!

Still in the Past-I wanted to try out Train Man's Bulky Groudon set, and decided to make my team a relatively bulky team, with not much speed but still packing a punch. It has rarely lost, and when it has lost, hax was to blame. Sunday afternoon, I endured my first loss to skill. fudestiny was my opponent, ranking 8th on the Shoddy Ladder(He has since climbed higher). His team outclassed mine, and in that battle, he played better than I did. We then played a few other times, with him haxing me to death a few games, and me winning one match against him with no hax.

Present- I clicked the find match button, and waited for my next victim. I was surging up the ladder, and couldn't wait to reach the top 5(Which is my goal for the Uber ladder). When the battle finaly started, I stared in terror when I was paired up with...gasp...fudestiny! How will I continue storming up the ladder if I keep getting paired with him?

BlueCookies27's Team:

fudestiny's Team:

This is my first warstory, and as long as it isn't a total flop, I plan on making few more, so without further ado, Let the Battle, BEGIN!

---
Nicknames will be omitted
Weather Effects will be included
Pressure will be omitted
Bad Dreams will be included
Super/Not Very Effective Messages will be omitted
Leftovers will be omitted
(The following Pokemon are holding leftovers: Jirachi, Dialga, and Groudon)
Score will be posted after each KO (BlueCookies27-fudestiny)
Health(In %) will be posted after each turn
Battle Chat will be in Italics
Battle Log will be in Bold
My Commentary will be in plain old text
---

---
fudestiny sent out Deoxys-f.
BlueCookies27 sent out Kyogre.
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
fudestiny: ^^
BlueCookies27: lol
BlueCookies27: I want to play someone new
fudestiny: me too

Deoxys-f, hmm. I have seen one or two of Maniac's battles, and he Did Not(My bad x_x)! lead with this, but still used him, and he's good, so I'm worried that my opponent may be equally good, which is not good for me, lol. Thunder is likely coming to rain on Kyogre's parade(Haha, pun intended <.<), so I have to switch out. My Kyogre happens to be specs and it really helps taking out Latias, as it and even Blissey can not withstand my attacks. With RestTalk and Scarf Kyogre being easier to counter, imo Specs is the most useful in this current metagame. Anyway, Dialga and Jirachi were both options to absorb the likely Thunder. However, Deoxys probably knows Superpower, which will reck Dialga. Jirachi it is!

---
BlueCookies27 switched in Jirachi.
Deoxys-f used Thunderbolt.
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.

Deoxys-f: 100% health
Jirachi: 81% Health

Thunderbolt did little damage. He will probably either switch in Groudon, or try to Superpower my Jirachi, hoping it will do some good damage. I might as well try to paralyze Deoxys, which will really hamper his sweeping potential, because I don't even know if he has Groudon on his team.
---
Deoxys-f used Superpower.
Jirachi lost 42% of its health.
Deoxys-f's attack was lowered.
Deoxys-f's defence was lowered.
Jirachi used Thunder Wave.
Deoxys-f is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Deoxys-f: 100% Health (Paralyzed)
Jirachi: 45% Health

I was right, and I really crippled Deoxys. Now my relatively slow team can take him down. Jirachi is somewhat low on health, so I make a wish, which will also scout his likely switch.

---
fudestiny switched in Darkrai.
Jirachi used Wish.
Jirachi made a wish!

Darkrai: 100% Health
Jirachi: 51% Health

This was a big turn, which screwed up the rest of the battle for me. I was not thinking of Dark Void, and was only focussing on healing up Jirachi.

---
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Jirachi fell asleep!
Jirachi is fast asleep!
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 49% of its health.
Jirachi lost 12% of its health.

Darkrai: 100% Health
Jirachi: 94% Health (Sleep)

I now realize how stupid that was to leave him in, when I could have easily switched to my RestTalker in Dialga. Dialga would be able to wall Dark Pulse, and not let my precious Jirachi take the sleep. Oh well, I have to move on. I was about to switch in Dialga, but in my previous battles against Darkai weilders, he always seemed to carry Focus Blast, so I decided to take a risky action in switching in Palkia. I know he can survive the likely Dark Pulse directed at Jirachi, and do to his Choice Scarf, outspeed and KO Darkrai with Draco Meteor. This seemd like a logical choice, to hopefully make up for my dumb play letting Jirachi take the sleep.

---
BlueCookies27: god, i forgot to switch x_x
BlueCookies27: That's going to cost me
BlueCookies27 switched in Palkia.
Darkrai used Calm Mind.
Darkrai's special attack was raised.
Darkrai's special defence was raised.

Darkrai: 100% Health (+1 Sp.Atk, +1 Sp.Def)
Palkia: 100% Health

Calm Mind Darkrai. I sort of expected that in the back of my head, but it works out fine for me either way. time to continue on with my plan of revenge.

---
Palkia used Draco Meteor.
Darkrai lost 75% of its health.
Palkia's special attack was harshly lowered.
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
Palkia lost 55% of its health.

Darkrai: 25% Health (+1 Sp.Atk, +1 Sp.Def)
Palkia: 45% Health (-2 Sp.Atk)

Draco didn't OHKO, but another one will. My Palkia is weakened unfortunately, which may or may not matter later in the battle. That will be revealed in due time. Time to draw the first blood of this match.

---
Darkrai lost 25% of its health.
fudestiny's Darkrai fainted.

Darkrai: 0% Fainted
Palkia: 45% Health (-4 Sp.Atk)

6-5

His Darkrai perrished, but my Jirachi is also as good as gone, being asleep. It is essentially tied, but at least his Deoxys is paralyzed, giving me an edge.

---
fudestiny switched in Mewtwo.
BlueCookies27 switched in Latias.
Mewtwo used Calm Mind.
Mewtwo's special attack was raised.
Mewtwo's special defence was raised.

Mewtwo: 100% Health (+1 Sp.Atk, +1 Sp.Def)
Latias: 100% Health

Mewtwo, a pokemon that will surely cause problems to my team with Jirachi asleep, will surely take at least one Pokemon down. I hate sacrificing Latias, but I feel it is the best decision. Palkia will not one shot it and it is intangible late game, so I can't sacrifice him. I have a feeling he is without Kyogre, the main reason to keep Latias alive due to me having nothing else to stop it if it's Calm Mind with RestTalk, because of his Lack of Thunder on Deoxys. If he had Kyogre, he would surely use Thunder. I have to take this hunch and run with it, otherwise Mewtwo will sweep me.

---
Mewtwo used Shadow Ball.
Latias lost 54% of its health.
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Mewtwo lost 42% of its health.

Mewtwo: 58% Health (+1 Sp.Atk, +1 Sp.Def)
Latias: 46% Health

The expected outcome of this turn did in fact occur. I was also hoping he wouldn't have Shadow ball, but he did.

---
Mewtwo used Shadow Ball.
Latias lost 46% of its health.
BlueCookies27's Latias fainted.

Mewtwo: 58% Health (+1 Sp.Atk, +1 Sp.Def)
Latias: 0% Fainted

5-5

Latias is usually great in every match I play, except this one. At least she died for a noble cause to weaken Mewtwo enough to allow my Palkia to take out mewtwo. I still have to hope that my original thought that he is without Kyogre holds true, then this will have been a good decision.

---
Mewtwo lost 58% of its health.
fudestiny's Mewtwo fainted.

Mewtwo: 0% Fainted
Palkia: 45% Health (-2 Sp.Atk)

5-4

Scarfed Palkia gets another kill. I can't say enough about him. He's just been so good during my climb of the ladder. I'm unsure of what he'll switch in next.

---
fudestiny switched in Deoxys-f.
Jirachi lost 24% of its health.

Jirachi: 76% Health (Sleep)

Deoxys is Paralyzed, making him a lot less of a threat, but still a big one. He's trying to threaten my weakened Palkia, and if I let it stay in, he might kill Deoxys, but he might have a Focus Sash, which I believe is quite common on Deoxys-f. I decide to play it safe and switch to Jirachi, even though he's sleeping x_x

---
fudestiny switched in Rayquaza.
Jirachi is fast asleep!

Rayquaza: 100% Health
Jirachi: 82% Health (Sleep)

Ugh. I expect him to set up on me with a deadly Dragon Dance. I would switch in Groudon, but I want him to be at full health when he comes in. I figure that if I can successfully switch in Palkia without being damaged, he might think he can outspeed me after a DD and try a careless Outrage, with me striking him first.

---
Rayquaza used Swords Dance.
Rayquaza's attack was sharply raised.

Rayquaza: 100% Health (+2 Atk)
Palkia: 45% Health

Swords Dance!? I haven't seen a Rayquaza in my whole time laddering use Swords Dance. This isn't good, Extremespeed will probably finish me off, and since he knows I'm faster, he'll use it. Bye palkia, you did well.

---
Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Palkia lost 45% of its health.
BlueCookies27's Palkia fainted.

Palkia: 0% Fainted

4-4

It's a tie game, but he has a deadly Rayquaza on the loose. I send in groudon, my only hope of stopping it. Outrage won't kill him, even though Rayquaza is at +2 Atk. I can at least take out rayquaza while only losing Palkia. I think I will be able to win this, depending on his last Pokemon.

---
BlueCookies27 switched in Groudon.
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
Rayquaza used Dragon Claw.
A critical hit!
Groudon lost 100% of its health.
BlueCookies27's Groudon fainted.
The sun continues to shine.

Groudon: 0% Fainted

3-4

I'm speechless! :justin2: The worst thing that could have happened happens x_x I figgure he probably has Earthquake, so I can't send in Sleeping Jirachi or Dialga, so I send in Kyogre, figuring that Rayquaza will probably kill it, but maybe not. He most likely has this game rapped up.

---
BlueCookies27: ugh
fudestiny: sorry >_>
BlueCookies27 switched in Kyogre.
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Kyogre lost 100% of its health.
BlueCookies27's Kyogre fainted.

Kyogre: 0% Fainted

2-4

Oh well, it's been a good game. I was still bummed out about that crit on Groudon, that sending Kyogre in, even if Rayquaza didn't have EQ, didn't matter to me. fudestiny just keeps lucksacking me, he's like Jesus or something. I just can't out luck him. Also, if he doesn't have earthquake, He still has a huge advantage. Jirachi's asleep(Useless) and if Dialga survives the Dragon Claw, he'll be extremely weak where Deoxys/His last 2 Pokemon can finish me off.

---
BlueCookies27 switched in Dialga.
Dialga lost 64% of its health.
Dialga used Dragon Claw.
A critical hit!
Rayquaza lost 100% of its health.
fudestiny's Rayquaza fainted.

Rayquaza: 0% Fainted
Dialga: 42% Health

2-3

So he doesn't have earthquake. I survive the Dragon Claw better than I thought, I guess I lost my focus after that Groudon crit, but I guess I'm back in the game, or at least I hope that I'm back in the game. I still don't know his last 2 Pokemon.

---
fudestiny switched in Palkia.
Palkia used Earth Power.

Palkia: 100% Health
Jirachi: 46% Health (Sleep)

Yeah, Palkia should finish me off. Earth Power surprised me a lot, I didn't expect that. I expected Spacial Rend, or a different dragon attack. Earth Power is SE on my last two Pokemon, both of which are steels. We say our GG's, even though it was a little haxy.
---
fudestiny: gg
fudestiny: 2 steel types left
Palkia used Earth Power.
Jirachi lost 39% of its health.
Jirachi woke up!
Palkia is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Palkia: 100% Health (Paralyzed)
Jirachi: 13% Health

Heh, maybe the game isn't over. Actually, I truly don't think that at all <.<
There's really no way I can win.

---
BlueCookies27: gg
Jirachi used Wish.
Palkia is paralysed! It can't move!

Jirachi: 19% Health

Interesting, a fully paralysis could help me, albeit I still can't win. That might have helped him, because I have to hope for another FP instead of sacrificing Jirachi to heal Dialga.

---
fudestiny: woa!
fudestiny: ^^
BlueCookies27: yes!
BlueCookies27: But it won't be enough, unfortunately
fudestiny: don't be sure
Jirachi used Reflect.
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 50% of its health.

Jirachi: 75% Health (Reflect)

What is that you say!? More luck coming my way? Reflect was just random, because TWave won't do anything, and I don't want to be forced to switch from U-Turn. I might have a chance now. I just have to hope he's fully paralyzed again.

---
BlueCookies27: lol
Jirachi used Wish.
Palkia used Earth Power.
Jirachi lost 40% of its health.

Jirachi: 41% Health (Reflect)

Ok, I can survive with approximately 1 HP left, but even then he'll finish me off before I can fully heal with wish.

---
The wish came true!

Jirachi: 97% Health (Reflect)

TWave was chosen because Reflect is already up, I don't want to switch, and who knows, maybe he'll switch. I'm almost fully healed. I decide I might be able to come back. I have to get Jirachi at full health thanks to some more Parahaxes with Wish being about to activate next turn, then WishTurn to Dialga, healing him. After that, I can try and BU and hope for some Parahaxes on his Deoxys. Highly Unlikely, yes, but it's still possible and my only hope.

---
Jirachi used Wish.
Palkia used Earth Power.

Jirachi: 63% Health (Reflect)
---
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 36% of its health.

Jirachi: 100% Health (Reflect)
---
Jirachi used Wish.
Palkia used Earth Power.
Jirachi lost 38% of its health.
Jirachi's reflect wore off!

Jirachi: 68% Health

I am bored already of this constant relying on Paralysis. I might as well do the U-Turn now. It's as good a time as ever. I know that even if this WishPass is successfull, I will still probably be KO'd by his Deoxys, or even his last mystery Pokemon. Here goes nothing...

---
Jirachi used U-turn.
Palkia lost 21% of its health.
BlueCookies27 switched in Dialga.
Palkia used Earth Power.
A critical hit!
Dialga lost 42% of its health.
BlueCookies27's Dialga fainted.

Palkia: 79% Health (Paralyzed)
Dialga: 0% Fainted

1-3

Meh, my good luck finally ended. I guess he deserved it, because I was outlucking him with the Parahaxes, but at least I deserved the good fortune after the Groudon Crit. I hope this was a good battle that you guys enjoyed. It was pretty entertaining after all those haxes, and pretty funny and entertaining, so hopefully my Warstory passed on this entertainment in the form of amazing hax.

---
BlueCookies27: aw, my luck finaly ended
fudestiny: mmmm
Jirachi used Wish.
Palkia used Earth Power.

Palkia: 79% Health (Paralyzed)
Jirachi: 34% Health

Yeah, I'm dead.

---
fudestiny: doesn't jirachi have any move to hit?
BlueCookies27: U-turn
BlueCookies27: gg
fudestiny: you shuld use it xD
Jirachi used U-turn.
The wish came true!

Palkia: 58% Health (Paralyzed)
Jirachi: 90% Health

Yay, another Parahax, all for nothing though. jirachi is a wall, not a sweeper. he can't take on all three of his remaining Pokemon, he can't even beat Palkia.

---
BlueCookies27: I am,lol
Jirachi used Wish.

Palkia: 58% Health (Paralyzed)
Jirachi: 96% Health

Yes, lol! More good fortune from Arceus. This is Payback for all the Bad luck I had when facing you before. Does Arceus even learn Payback?

---
Jirachi used U-turn.
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 3% of its health.

Palkia: 37% Health (Paralyzed)
Jirachi: 100% Health

3 in a row! I actually have a shot at taking down Palkia, making it not as embarrising as a 3-0 loss would have been.

---
Jirachi used Wish.

Palkia: 37% Health (Paralyzed)

L...O...L...
I didn't think this was possible, but apparently it is. Time to strategize instead of laughing now. Assuming his Last pokemon can't hurt me too much(Which is the only way I can win), I need to set up a reflect for when Deoxys gets here, because Superpower will put a dent in jirachi, and maybe even enough of a dent where his Final mystery Pokemon can KO me. Killing Palkia comes fist though.
---
BlueCookies27: lol, this is hilarious
BlueCookies27: I'm on the side of extreme luck this time
Jirachi used U-turn.
Palkia lost 20% of its health.
Palkia used Earth Power.
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 42% of its health.

Palkia: 17% Health (Paralyzed)

Palkia was finally able to land an attack on my Wishing star. He's not about to become a falling star anytime soon though, he has a Battle To Win!

---
Jirachi used U-turn.
Palkia lost 17% of its health.
fudestiny's Palkia fainted.

Palkia: 0% Fainted

1-2
---
fudestiny switched in Deoxys-f.
ashniek has entered the room.
fudestiny: u will win with just jirachi xD
Jirachi used Wish.

Jirachi: 81% Health

ashniek is a little late to the show. He missed most of the battle, but at least he'll catch the end of this performance. I wish so I can heal myself after I set up my Reflect next turn
---
ashniek has left the room.
BlueCookies27: If I do, you think it would make a good warstory?
Jirachi used Reflect.
Jirachi lost 24% of its health.
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 42% of its health.

I guess ashniek didn't want to watch it oh well. Maybe he thought I was going to lose, who knows. He keeps thunderbolting for some reason, maybe hoping for a paralysis, I don't know. He probably should have used Superpower last turn. He might have given up like I almost did. It's time to make another Wish, just for some insurance, incase of a critical hit or something of the sort.

---
Jirachi used Wish.
Deoxys-f is paralysed! It can't move!

Heh, he's parahaxed again, although this one did not matter. Deoxys is Dead. U-Turn will kill him in one hit.

---
Jirachi used U-turn.
Deoxys-f lost 100% of its health.
Deoxys-f hung on using its Focus Sash!
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 25% of its health.

Deoxys-f: 1% Health (Paralyzed)

But, he hangs on with Focus Sash. Thunderbolt still doesn't paralyze me, so I'm in good shape. Time to pray that his last Pokemon is something Jirachi can beat One on One. I don't want to lose after all of this what would be wasted time.

---
Jirachi used U-turn.
Deoxys-f lost 0% of its health.
fudestiny's Deoxys-f fainted.

Deoxys-f: 0% Fainted

1-1
---
fudestiny switched in Latios.
Latios used Thunderbolt.
Jirachi lost 30% of its health.
Jirachi used U-turn.
Latios lost 55% of its health.

Latios: 45% Health
Jirachi: 76% Health

So I do make my comeback, in a similar manner that fudestiny was able to come back/beat me. I pay him back, and we both say our GG's, even if their was a lot of hax. At least there were still some good predictions at the beginning of the match, and the end of the match was just entertainment, which hopefully you guys enjoyed. Time to Finish off Latios, but...

---
fudestiny: gg
Latios used Thunderbolt.
Jirachi lost 31% of its health.
Jirachi used U-turn.
Latios lost 45% of its health.
fudestiny's Latios fainted.

1-0

BlueCookies27: wow, gg

nothing. Jirachi carried the team, and this battle was very enjoyable to be apart of.

Although it wasn't hax free, like we both hoped, it was a very enjoyable game to play. GG fudestiny, I hope to play you again, with a new team that is currently in the making.

-Time for the Props and Slops(Hah, this reminds me of the Yugioh tournament warstories on Pojo from a long long time ago, good times)

Props
*fudestiny for all the matches we played on Sunday. more people should play Ubers so we don't have to continuously play the same people <.<
*Jirachi- No explanation needed, lol. A great wall/supporter in Ubers and I love it
*Palkia for being a good revenge killer on this team, one that lacks speed.
Train Man and Jibaku for their awesome warstories. They got me into Ubers, and their warstories are always a lot of fun to read.

Slops
*Luck- Even though Luck can be ammusing sometimes, like in this battle, I still hate it and I would prefer it didn't exist in such large ammounts. A little bit of luck is ok, but not the gamebreaking luck.
*Not enough people play Ubers-I always get matched up with people anywhere from 2-6 times in a row, and it starts to get annoying sometimes.
*Rayquaza was too good :pirate:
*Leaving in Jirachi to take the Dark Void

I hope you guys enjoyed my Warstory. I will be on the lookout for a good battle without much luck, but hey, Warstories are supposed to be entertaining, and luck does add to the entertainment factor, so I hope you guys like it. Skill and some good predictions were still present, although not as evident due to all the luck, and there was only my One and a half mistakes of letting Jirachi take the sleep and sacrificing Kyogre for no reason, but the Jirachi sleep never really ended up hurting me.

If I could fix anything, it would be greatly appreciated. If you bash me on something, I'm fine with that as long as you tell me how to solve the problem for next time.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I skimmed over it, it's not bad! What I'm wondering is a few things:

1. Why is there no Blissey on either of your teams? It's pretty much even more needed than in OU.
2. You have 2 weather changers. That just sounds like you'll be able to abuse either weather much less.
3. Why does your opponent have nothing resembling defense?

That being said, it seemed like a decent battle and a fairly good warstory.

personally, I find it rude to say gg before a battle ends unless I'm on the losing end, but w/e. it seemed like almost every guy on his team tried to set up, which was interesting.

BlueCookies

I skimmed over it, it's not bad! What I'm wondering is a few things:

1. Why is there no Blissey on either of your teams? It's pretty much even more needed than in OU.
2. You have 2 weather changers. That just sounds like you'll be able to abuse either weather much less.
3. Why does your opponent have nothing resembling defense?

That being said, it seemed like a decent battle and a fairly good warstory.
1)I like Latias more than Blissey, and a lot of teams carry many counters to her, and I'd like to use that team slot for someone else. It really isn't as mandatory as you think in Ubers.
2)Two weather Users is fine, and none of my Pokemon really abuse the weather. It's actually really common to see groudon and kyogre on the same team.
3)He wanted an offensive team, I don't know?
Wow, very interesting! Nice for a first warstory. :P

But, I'd rather have less hax, though.
Thanks. I will definitely try to get one with a lot less hax.

BlueCookies

personally, I find it rude to say gg before a battle ends unless I'm on the losing end, but w/e. it seemed like almost every guy on his team tried to set up, which was interesting.
Yeah, I don't mind it too much. His team was interesting I thought. I felt that his team's main strategy was winning with something unexpected. It is apparently good though. he's ranked pretty high up on the Ubers ladder.
I liked it! It was cool reading about a Pokemon "environment" that I usually don't play in.

The pun intended part made me laugh...
Thanks!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
*Train Man and Jibaku for their awesome warstories. They got me into Ubers, and their warstories are always a lot of fun to read.
YAY!

The warstory itself is pretty good-you provided some good insight on what you're thinking during the battle. However, I'm gonna say that your opponent could've played better. Deoxys shouldn't have stayed in on Jirachi, first of all, and Palkia with Earth Power is weird, along with the Thunderbolts instead of Thunder.

Deoxys-f, hmm. I have seen one or two of Maniac's battles, and he led with this
Maniac told me he never lead with this lol

BlueCookies

YAY!

The warstory itself is pretty good-you provided some good insight on what you're thinking during the battle. However, I'm gonna say that your opponent could've played better. Deoxys shouldn't have stayed in on Jirachi, first of all, and Palkia with Earth Power is weird, along with the Thunderbolts instead of Thunder.

Maniac told me he never lead with this lol
I agree that Deoxys shouldn't have stayed in and that Palkia with earth Power is kind of different. I would have gone with Thunder>TBolt too, even if I didn't have Kyogre. But he wasn't bad by any means, just could have done a few things different, you're right. Thanks for the comment and yeah, I had to include you in the props. Your warstories were really good, lol.

Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw him lead/use it. Maybe it was someone else, I don't know. I don't have the best memory, but I really thought I saw him using it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw him lead/use it. Maybe it was someone else, I don't know. I don't have the best memory, but I really thought I saw him using it.
[21:16] Maniaclyrasist: lmao
[21:16] Maniaclyrasist: Deoxys-f, hmm. I have seen one or two of Maniac's battles, and he led with this, and he's good, so I'm worried that my opponent may be equally good, which is not good for me, lol. Thunder is likely coming to rain on
[21:16] Maniaclyrasist: i've never lead with that

BlueCookies

[21:16] Maniaclyrasist: lmao
[21:16] Maniaclyrasist: Deoxys-f, hmm. I have seen one or two of Maniac's battles, and he led with this, and he's good, so I'm worried that my opponent may be equally good, which is not good for me, lol. Thunder is likely coming to rain on
[21:16] Maniaclyrasist: i've never lead with that
Yeah, guess you're right, lol. It was either someone else, or he just used it not as a lead. I don't have too good of a memory. I'll edit that out tomorrow.
Pretty good warstory and a nice read, and yea i've never lead with Deoxys, so.....um yea.
Thanks, and yeah, sorry about associating you with a lead Deoxys, lol. I'll edit your name out tomorrow.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was interesting, especially because I've played maybe two ubers matches since D/P came out, but you've got to admit, the game pretty much decided on its own who should win in the end.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Forgive an unaware noob who knows nothing about the UBER metagame, but what's wrong with Earth Power on Palkia? Doesn't Ground combo relatively well with dragon *cough*example-garchomp*cough*? And I thought a lot of steels (like metagross) were run in Ubers just to stand up to dragon attacks? Though I guess if I take a step back, forry or metagross would be a lot happier switching into a dragon claw than a draco meteor.

But yeah, considering Palkia's nice coverage with water + dragon (therefore, imo having slots to spare) and 150 base special attack earth power doesn't seem that weird. Albeit, if it's only doing 40% to jirachi . . . >.>

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earth Power is just kind of useless... In an tier that has almost omnipresent rain, Surf will always outdamage Earth Power because it's both STABed and has the 1.5X boost because of rain. It's not really a bad choice for a move as added insurance in case the rain dries up... but it's generally a waste of a moveslot.

I agree with more people needing to play Ubers. And I never gave Jirachi a second glance. That haxy little pixie! I also might think more about how useful Deoxys can be.

Shouldn't you have predicted swords dance? Extremespeed is pretty common on Rayquaza, but oh well, great read anyway.

Good battle, expect me on Ubers too. If you did switch to Dialga on the Dark Void, like you said, the whole battle would have gone differently, and you would not have gotten into the hilarious position that Jirachi was in, so in a way, it was a good thing that you did not switch on the Dark Void.

Loved it!

BlueCookies

I liked it a lot. The uber ladder needs more love. Jirachi with U-turn is not to be underestimated.
Thanks! I love Jirachi, and I predict its usage will rise either this moth or next, after more people realize its potential in Ubers.
It was interesting, especially because I've played maybe two ubers matches since D/P came out, but you've got to admit, the game pretty much decided on its own who should win in the end.
Lol, Thanks!
Wow, very very enjoyable warstory it also opened my eyes to the usefulness of Jirachi in Ubers.
Thanks a lot!
Forgive an unaware noob who knows nothing about the UBER metagame, but what's wrong with Earth Power on Palkia? Doesn't Ground combo relatively well with dragon *cough*example-garchomp*cough*? And I thought a lot of steels (like metagross) were run in Ubers just to stand up to dragon attacks? Though I guess if I take a step back, forry or metagross would be a lot happier switching into a dragon claw than a draco meteor.

But yeah, considering Palkia's nice coverage with water + dragon (therefore, imo having slots to spare) and 150 base special attack earth power doesn't seem that weird. Albeit, if it's only doing 40% to jirachi . . . >.>
Basically what was said by LonelyNess
I agree with more people needing to play Ubers. And I never gave Jirachi a second glance. That haxy little pixie! I also might think more about how useful Deoxys can be.

Shouldn't you have predicted swords dance? Extremespeed is pretty common on Rayquaza, but oh well, great read anyway.

Good battle, expect me on Ubers too. If you did switch to Dialga on the Dark Void, like you said, the whole battle would have gone differently, and you would not have gotten into the hilarious position that Jirachi was in, so in a way, it was a good thing that you did not switch on the Dark Void.

Loved it!
Thanks! I don't know, every Rayquaza I've seen in my entire time laddering used DD, not SD, so I didn't expect that. But you're right about Extremespeed being common, but I thought that he might think he can outspeed me after a DD, so I could outspeed him for the KO.

Nice story. Some of your comments ran on a little and were a little uneccessary regarding the hax late-game, but it was mostly quite insightful and entertaining. Scarf Palkia really dominated that game. When I saw you were using the Supporting Groudon set (and then saw Fudestiny's Team) I figured that you wouldn't be able to set too much up from the offensive nature of the other team. I haven't seen so much Jirachi-action since the infamous CB-Spanish-Jirachi-Inquisition. I enjoyed the formatting as well.

Looking forward to more prediction-filled games from you in the future. Keep up the writing and best of luck to you in reaching the Top 5!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)