Lanturn Ou Stockpile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle AGAIN. uhhhh After my other two sets were shot down in flames by the mods i though of ANOTHER set. this is a bulky Stockpile lanturn that has swept quite a few teams for me after one or two stockpiles.

Thanks to lanturns tonnes of restistances and immunies it can switch in on alot of pokes. it is one of the only pokes that resists the boltbeam combo and has huge bulk on the special side.

The set:

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP/56 Spd/252 SAtk/148 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Ice Beam / Surf

Thanks to lanturns tonnes of restistances and immunies it can switch in on alot of pokes. it is one of the only pokes that resists the boltbeam combo and has huge bulk on the special side.
56 HP EVs give him 404 HP which will give him a bit more bulk all round. Max Special Attack will lay out the biggest hurt I possibly can, Special Defense EVs will give Celebi only a 50% chance to break my Subs. Moveset is pretty self explainatory. Stockpile to add amazing bulk to lanturn giving ,e free turns fire off Charge Beam. Ice Beam to hit Grass-types and Dragon-types. Charge Beam is my only way to raise Special Attack stat. Rest is for when your hp is low after afew stockpiles to max to hp again.

Why this set should be on the site:

This site dosnt have a bulky sweeping lanturn on it and these moves and the moves provided mean that he can hit all the ou metagame for neautral damage. He can come in on nearly all water and electric types aswell as completley walling most off them. He resists all of starmie common moves but has to watch out for trick and sometime grass knot. After 1stockpile not much will be ohko it.

Mabye this time it wont be declined?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uh, a little confused here... you talk about subs and 101 hp subs, but substitute isn't listed as a move.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kyle AGAIN. uhhhh After my other two sets were shot down in flames by the mods i though of ANOTHER set.
Perhaps you're noticing a trend here...

I won't really address the set as I'm sure anyone here will tell you it's terrible, but the main thing to take away from this is that trying as hard as you can to "think up" sets, or trying to be unique just for the sake of writing an analysis about your set, will not result in high quality sets. You'll just get stuff you thought up that manages to be one of the billion things that can beat the lower quarter of the ladder but is useless in actually challenging battles. The point of C&C isn't to throw batter at the wall and keep what sticks to it, but to serve as a knowledge compendium for the best and most competitive sets in Pokemon. While your eagerness is nice, I'd encourage you to go about this the other way. Stop trying to think up stuff to write about and start playing Pokemon seriously for awhile. You can't force innovation.

Wow Chris that acctually made alot of sence. do you like give speeches and stuff? I think i'll take your advice and just stick to smogon sets, i am very good at the game but yeah i was bored and you can only read so many rmt on cm rachi in one day :( Ok :)

And there's one for the record books.
LOL

What Chris said is fantastic advice.
The EV spread provided isn't very good and you still haven't added Substitute to this when you mentioned it in the analysis.
In general, Stockpile sets should focus solely on being as bulky as possible in order to completely wall the opposing team.
Even something like 4HP/252 Def/252 SpD Bold would be much more appropriate for a Lanturn Stockpile set.

Lanturn doesn't have the movepool, defenses, or means of recovery to effectively pull off a Stockpile set in OU.
Lanturn's anaysis (which you should have read before posting this, by the way) even says:
"Stockpile can turn Lanturn into a threatening tank after a few boosts; however, it will usually be forced out by a strong STAB Earthquake or Leaf Storm."
For reference, Scarf Flygon's Earthquake does 62.9% - 74.3% to your current set at +1 Defense and Tinkerbell Celebi's Leaf Storm does 93.6% - 110.4% at +1 Special Defense. Even with 4HP/252 Def/252SpD and a Stockpile boost, the damage outputs for the aforementioned attacks are 46.4% - 55.1% and 86.2% - 101.5%, respectively.
What makes Pokemon like Hippowdon, Cradily, and Gastrodon effective Stockpile users is that they all have access to instant recovery. Lanturn has to rely on Rest in order to heal himself, which means he's either doing nothing for two turns (allowing your opponent to set-up) or dependent on the chance that Sleep Talk will actually do something useful.

If you're looking to sweep with Lanturn in OU, you should probably read this OU Lanturn thread in C&C which contains discussion of his SubCharge and Agility sets:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71557

Thank you for trying to contribute to Smogon, but posting every new set that pops into your head is not the most effective way to do so.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not possible. I don´t even see explained the way this set should be used, how it works.. I can´t really see this set being effective in OU. You depend on Charge Beam for the sake of becoming somehow offensive, and there´s Stockpile on the other hand which serves another different purpose. Finally, you need to rely on Rest in order to recover the damage lost after a few hits, which leads us to the following: using these combination of moves in a Pokemon such as Lanturn opens up several holes to sweepers such as SD Lucario, SD Scizor, Curse Snorlax, DD Kingdra, and several others wall breakers that will make impossible for you to set up or cause a situation of danger to your opponent.

Rejecting.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not possible. I don´t even see explained the way this set should be used, how it works.. I can´t really see this set being effective in OU. You depend on Charge Beam for the sake of becoming somehow offensive, and there´s Stockpile on the other hand which serves another different purpose. Finally, you need to rely on Rest in order to recover the damage lost after a few hits, which leads us to the following: using these combination of moves in a Pokemon such as Lanturn opens up several holes to sweepers such as SD Lucario, SD Scizor, Curse Snorlax, DD Kingdra, and several others wall breakers that will make impossible for you to set up or cause a situation of danger to your opponent.

Rejecting.
What he said.

QC REJECTED (3/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)