Kill 'Em!: A Balanced Offensive Team

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
This is like my 5th RMT, and I think it's my it's one of my most successful. It's a balanced offense F/W/G/D/F/S team. The team currently maintains roughly a 20-4 win-loss streak. It's pretty solid all around, and really fun to use. So here it is!

Teambuilding Process:
On Pokemon Showdown, we were discussing Pokemon cores.
I brought up the topic of Dragonite+Aegislash. One of the moderators suggested throwing in Mega-Blastoise to keep the hazards off of the field. These Pokemon became the core. I decided to use Weakness Policy Dragonite because I can grab a +2 Attack boost off a SE move. I used Standard MixSlash.

I wanted to throw in a physical attacker that can abuse priority. Banded Talonflame came to mind immediately.

I had a Fire/Water theme going, so I chucked in a Grass-Type who could set up Stealth Rocks. I added Ferrothorn.

I looked at my team and realized I was lacking a powerful special attacker. So I chucked in Life Orb Greninja.

After some testing, neither Greninja nor Ferrothorn were working. I replaced Ferrothorn with Poison Heal Breloom to spread status while still maintaining offensive presence. I needed a Fairy, as well as someone to heal my team from status, as it destroyed my team. So I added Sylveon for Greninja.

My team was complete, and ready for battle!

Yoshi (Blastoise) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent => Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Mega-Blastoise is my spinner as well as an all-around special beast. Rapid Spin allows Dragonite and Talonflame to come in with full HP, as well as getting rid of Leech Seed. The 0 Attack IVs are because Rapid Spin isn't meant to do any real damage. Aura Sphere is a great move, wrecking Tyranitar and any Steels.

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Aura Sphere vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 264-312 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO- Assault Vest Tyranitar cannot do anything to this beast.

Dark Pulse takes out Aegislash and other Ghosts. Water Pulse is hard-hitting STAB. This Pokemon is so underrated, but so good.

Swagonite (Dragonite) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Bashful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Weakness Policy Dragonite is so fun to use. Dragon Dancing on the turn where you take a Multiscaled SE move gives you 2.5x Attack. Dragon Claw wrecks everything that doesn't resist it. ExtremeSpeed makes sure Bisharp isn't doing anything with Sucker Punch. Earthquake just destroys Steels, as well as Rock-and-Fire Types. Unfortunately, this guy lacks recovery, so Sand/Hail prevents him from doing much. Still, he is not to be underestimated.

Gram (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword

Being one of the pioneers of the SDSlash set, I've used this thing a lot. Recently, I've been loving the MixSlash set.
Shadow Ball is special STAB, absolutely wrecking things. Shadow Sneak is for picking off weakened Pokemon. King's Shield is great for protecting from damage, and the -2 Atk drop on contact attackers is amazing. Sacred Sword I found to work better than Iron Head, getting basically the same coverage (shadow Ball handles Fairies.) Aegislash makes an excellent wallbreaker.

TheBirdIsTheWord (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

I love Band Talonflame. Despite its item, I use Talonflame as a lead. Priority Band Brave Bird just tears through things that don't resist it. Flare Blitz annihilates Steels. Me First is used for scouting, and against Rotom-Wash, I usually get to use Volt Switch, surprising Rotom. U-Turn is my other scouting move, denting the opponent and making a quick escape.

Psilocybin (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 HP / 184 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch

Breloom is still usable, guys! I use Poison Heal over Technician because Rotom-W can't do anything about it. Toxic Orb also makes the opponent wary of using trick. Spore is that amazing 100% accurate sleep move, putting a Pokemon out of commission, giving me a chance to regain momentum while they switch. Swords Dance is if I want to stay in, boosting my Attack to almost 800! Seed Bomb just wrecks opponents, especially Rotom-W. Mach Punch eliminates weakened Pokemon.

Bast (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Sylveon is a great cleric. She passes off 197 HP Wishes. Protect is if I want to recover some of Bast's health. Hyper Voice hits through Substitutes, and becomes a base (roughly) 120 damage STAB Fairy Type attack. Heal Bell heals my team of status, as Will-O-Wisp ruins my team.

Threat list:
Mandibuzz screws with me defensively. Bast has the only SE move against it. Knock Off gets rid of Weakness Policy and there's nothing I can do about it. Overcoat makes it immune to Spore. In general, I hate this thing.
Mega-Mawile ruins me if Talonflame is down, and a boosted Sucker Punch hits like a truck.
Rotom-Wash can screw with me pretty badly. I have no Ground-Types, so it can always Volt Switch if need be.

Replays:

Critiques are welcome!​

Change the Talonflame set, it does NOT need jolly with gale wings, it's completely unnecessary. I would suggest:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 60 Spd / 252 Atk / 196 HP
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

60 Speed is just enough to outspeed max speed jolly excadrill, basically the only thing you need to outspeed in OU since Gale Wings gives you priority. I recommend Tailwind for some last minute support when your talonflame is just in there as a sitting duck because your opponent basically has it rendered useless.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, I'm here to rate your team.

So, by the looks of it, this is a pretty offensive team that's based around Aegislash + Dragonite, but you have a nice defensive back bone in the form or Blastoise and Sylveon. The team overall has pretty nice synergy defensively speaking, but I think some of your EVs / movesets are slightly inferior to what they could be. These are only minor suggestions, but they will generally make your team better.

Aegislash - Aegislash's nature should be either Quiet, or Brave. You're really not getting the jump on anything offensively with no Speed investment, and it's generally better to not has a -Def nature for a Pokemon that can easily tank some physical hits. You're also probably better off with going for Iron Head over Sacred Sword, just because Fairies do trouble your team (they beat Dragonite, Breloom, and in general cause your team head aches). Shadow Ball just isn't enough to get pass Clefable or Sylveon.

Talonflame - I haven't had too much experience with Me First Talonflame, but I think you're generally better going with Will-O-Wisp or Tailwind in the final move slot, I just think in general it offers your team with more support.

Breloom - I see what you're trying to do with that Breloom set, but in practice it generally doesn't work out. I think if you want to run a bulky Breloom, you're generally much better off with Drain Punch + Bulk Up, instead of Swords Dance and Mach Punch. You could also possibly experiment with Substitute and Leech Seed, but I think Bulk Up is probably the best set for you. Since Bulk Up boosts your Physical Defense, you're probably better off running SpDef EVs to better tank Rotom-W's attacks.

Sylveon - Finally, Sylveon is already extremely specially bulky, so I'd put your EVs into your Physical Defense, just so you can tank Kyurem-B's Fusion Bolt better. You're also not running max IVs, so I'd change that since you're not running a Hidden Power or any sort.

Right, now that we've got that out of the way, lets look at how we can improve your team.

The first thing I noticed is your lack of Stealth Rocks. Stealth Rocks is extremely important to have on nearly every team, and your is no exception. Stealth Rocks really helps Dragonite and Talonflame to get past their checks, as the residual damage over time really racks up. I think an idea you could experiment with could be to use Deoxys-S over Blastoise, and for a few reasons. Deoxys-S supports your team with entry hazards, while it also prevents entry hazards on your side of the field, much like Blastoise. This will leave you slightly weaker to Fire types like Heatran, so if you're going with this change, then you could possibly try out Azumarill over Sylveon. This change keeps the nice type synergy through out your team, but now you have a lot of offensive pressure on your opponent. I think since these changes make your team generally more offensive, I think a good idea could be to use a more offensive Breloom set. This will allow you to apply constant pressure to your opponent, and keep the offensive momentum.

Here are the sets

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 HP / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Breloom @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Well, there's my rate. I hope I helped you out in some way, and good luck with the team

Maybe a noob question but why do you want 0 attack on the Blastoise any dmg is better than none at all right? Or am I missing anything.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Uh, it's generally to do with Confusion hax. The lower your attack stat, the less you hurt yourself in confusion. Generally every Special attacker should be running 0 Atk IVs if they're not needed just for this reason alone.

Change the Talonflame set, it does NOT need jolly with gale wings, it's completely unnecessary. I would suggest:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 60 Spd / 252 Atk / 196 HP
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

60 Speed is just enough to outspeed max speed jolly excadrill, basically the only thing you need to outspeed in OU since Gale Wings gives you priority. I recommend Tailwind for some last minute support when your talonflame is just in there as a sitting duck because your opponent basically has it rendered useless.
Agree with almost everything except the Speed EVs. You completely overlooked Jolly Mega Pinsir's +1 Priority Quick Attack with the Aerilate boost. In order to Outspeed him, you need 208 Speed EVs and dump the rest into HP with 252 Atk of course.

Also, Quiet Nature is the preferred nature for Aegislash. Was Bashful Nature on Dragonite a copy error? Should be Adamant.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Bashful? Yeah, that should be Adamant. Copy error.

And i completely forgot about Drain Punch on Breloom, which is something that should change.

Azumarill could be used, but Sylveon's main purpose is clearing away special conditions that wreck my team.
Aegislash with Brave is something I've heard of, but never put into practice. I'm kinda forgetful. :P
And I've added Will-O-Wisp on Talonflame on my actual team, not on here.
Speaking of Talonflame, I was thinking of Sleep Talk > Will-O-Wisp.

Try this set for Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 12 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Pursuit
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword

Pursuit is to trap, and a lot less obvious than sneaking. Quiet nature is better in general and the 12 speed is to outspeed minus nature TTars. 4 Sdef was mainly so Genesects got the attack boost when he was still OU.

For aegislash, try a substitute shadowball, and sacred sword set with king's shield. Aegislash forces out many pokemon for a free sub and the mixed attacking set destroys many walls.

also, where did you get your sprites?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)