move 4: Surf
item: Choice Specs
nature: timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

[Other Options]

[Checks and Counters]

Alright Taylor threw this set at me and I think it has merit but not enough right now to get on site with its own set. Can the QC members please give input on it before I do anything with it?

[SET]
name: SubCM water horse
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Scald / Surf
move 4: Secret Sword
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

Hydro Pump deserves the first slash on the CM set. The power is just too good to pass up, i.e. 2HKOing Salamence in the rain :3

Hydro Pump literally smashes everything bar Water Absorb / Dry Skin Pokemon into the ground, even without a boost.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I would deslash Modest on the Specs set and put it in AC. Timid probably hits hard enough in the rain, and you really don't want to miss out on stuff in the 95-108 range (hell, even Jolly Gliscor is faster than Modest Keldeo).

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HP Ghost over HP Ice for specs set. Ghost-Fighting coverage is way too good to pass up, and HP Ice doesn't do anything notable besides hit Dragonite.
Other suggested helpful changes:
@Omicron: Agreeing with Hydro Pump for 1st CM slash
@Super Mario Bro: its like adamant CB Terrakion, it hits really hard. then again rain could be enough for Timid.

Cheers!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I reckon it'll be good enough to just slash Substitute on the CM set, it doesn't play TOO differently. Mention that Toxic Spikes is awesome with SubCM though, since you can just Sub up on Jellicent and laugh as it dies from poison.

Just a small nitpick on the EV spread, I'd recommend taking the 4 EVs out of HP and sticking them in SpD. This gives Genesect an Atk boost instead of an SpA boost, which would make it much harder for Genesect to revenge you with Thunderbolt / Thunder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)