Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 50
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Horn Drill
- Body Press
- Substitute

This Lapras was suggested to me for fighting stall. It's an alternative to the standard one that aims to max. Horn Drill is a bit desperate, but it has gotten me past Zacian twice, and even a CM+Kee Mewtwo I had no other chance vs. It hits more than I'd expect, and gives a better way to deal w/ Minimize Chansey. It gives me a chance vs. other boosters like CM Fini, though I lost to that one. Freeze-Dry is still there for if I do max, but more importantly for 4x weaks. And to at least do small damage on ghosts, and more to Dragapult. EVs are for Body Press and uninvested 65s like Umbreon(happened once., Umbreon is rare.) Sub is for the aforementioned Umbreon's Yawn and Hippo, mainly(Hippo does not often break sub.) Useful for Chansey, and Pyukumuku too. One of only 2 mons to win solo vs. 3(well maybe Necrozma has but does the legend really count for that?) Hasn't been good lately, even missed Horn Drill 8 times in a row(though I actually won.)

EDIT: This is now Substitute 12 Spe Quagsire, to beat Quag/Zacian.

1639928620307.png

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Went back to Necrozma per a suggestion. Not crazy about it, but it's ok. Rock Blast over Edge like it was for subs and some more accuracy. Same power in max. It's fairly good vs. Zacian. Fairly good mon, probably most suited to WP of anything due to good bulk so neutral hits aren't that strong usually, and Prism Armor so it can generally take a SE hit w/o max. The main culprit for why I'm weak to Urshifu SS. But Max Rockfall has been great, for example for Zapdos and Rotom-H which check otherwise, so I'd sooner give up EQ.

1639928784010.png

Regieleki @ Life Orb
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Timid Nature
- Assurance
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball

I've spent a bit of time on Regieleki EV spreads. I took 1 point from Spe because it was only tying boosted Scolipede, not beating it. This outspeeds positive +1 100s, which is to me all it needs. Max SpA EVs for sure, and an extra point in SpD for p2. Electro Ball is ok for P2(didn't do very good w/ P2 in the past, idk now) and good for a few other slow mons like Ferro, Magnezone(kod max from low HP, T-bolt would fail to do so,) Solwink-g, Sylveon, Umbreon, Pyukumuku(you win anyway but it won't live to Toxic, same w/ Pex,) Stakataka, Lapras(the biggest taregt, even literally,) Corsola-g, and the odd Pincchurchin. Torkoal hasn't been brought the times I brought Lieki, but I've seen it a bit. In Max, Assurance ohkos non-max Caly-S, even w/ -atk, This also is the only decent max attack Regieleki gets vs. Excadrill, and it beats Shedinja(and yes I did actually hit it on the switch once, this isn't just theoretical.) Emergency attack to at least damage grounds. Can help get around Chansey w/ max, the SpD drop, terrain, and Electro Ball after that. Electro Ball has been very fun and Regieleki is great for Pex, though I'm a bit prepared for that besides(I can't remember the last time I faced a Pex. But I did outspeed and ko a +1 Zapdos.) Changed to LO per a suggestion that I needed the power in max, and sometimes to change moves. The HP loss is somewhat trivial on a frail mon, though it does run some bulk(So should it be Magnet? I'm already missing some kos from the change from Specs, though.) My favorite for sure, my 1st act in picking a team is to check what's weak to this. Also 2hkos non-max TTar maxed itself if terrain is already up. There is a Rhypherior problem, however. Also TTar weakness w/ Zapdos(the two are partially redundant, but I'm obviously more fond of this one.

EDIT: Removed Zapdos for Volcarona.

1639928903365.png

Zapdos @ Kee Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Discharge
- Eerie Impulse

This makes me very rock weak, so I'm not sure about it. But I need something for Urshifu SS. Even though I don't like Zapdos, as it's so common, Eerie Impulse is my favorite among Zapdos. It is the best Zapdos for mirrors, and it can shut down stuff like p2 and waste it w/ Pressure. The weakness to Rhypherior is very unappreciated though, I'm not great vs. that at all. Kee I think is common on Eerie Impulse sets to try for bulk on both sides. TTar is also a problem.

1639929008549.png

Malamar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 HP / 228 Atk / 44 Def
Adamant Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Substitute
- Payback
- Superpower

Finally replaced Centiskorch, but idk about this. EVs are to guarantee ohko on maxed Caly-S, maxed or not it's the same BP when I go 2nd, and the rest in bulk to reduce chance of Hippo/Swampert breaking sub after I'm +1(However, Roar/Whirlwind Hippo is a big deal, and most run one of those...) No Speed is weird on a sash set, sub too, but I couldn't find a great benchmark for this-Malamar is kinda slow, but not so slow it needs any for uninvested things like some Steela and Umbreon. Payback is the only good dark STAB, and Topsy-Turvy, not Contrary Superpower actually, is the main draw. I have reverse set-up a Necrozma so mine could set up and sweep. It's good for Iron Defense+Body Press mons, and some others like CM. Mostly I'm finding set-up is a bit rare for a dedicated reverse to it, but this does do good vs. Chansey and TTar. If sash is intact, this has great utility vs. Xerneas. Still, this is the worst offensive dynamaxer in the game(that has a role,) because Darkness is the same BP as 2nd move Payback, and Knuckle is weaker and lowers attack instead. Though somewhat unreliable, this has knocked out the opposing team solo 3 times.

1639929287064.png

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Transform

I keep going back to Ditto, cause the only person who actually helps w/ my team keeps suggesting it. That said, I have kind of a low opinion of Ditto. Yes, it can reverse sweep. If max is off the table, that is. Otherwise you might do half, and possibly set up WP, at the cost of a mon. It's not great vs. Urshifu SS unless their sash is broken since they can just use CC/Counter. EVs and moves(move) don't need explaining here so I'm not sure what else to say, especially positive stuff. Hopefully Ditto will redeem itself, at least it's kinda good vs the 2 Electric/Dragon types. I'm finding a Polteageist check isn't meaningless, though mind games w/ Sucker Punch can ruin that match-up. It did reverse sweep a team by copying boosted Nihilego.

Losing a ton still, 72:80ish. I worry Timid on Regieleki has been costing me a bit, though it still isn't likely to ohko max Ogre w/ a max move outside terrain, or 2hko max Pult w/ terrain on the 2nd hit which would've helped in a battle. Malamar and Ditto have not been that bringable, only Lapras and Regieleki have gone above and beyond, the rest are debatable. Zygarde has been very irritating, I think I've even lost to it. Only Lapras kinda beats Zygarde, and sub spam on a paralyzed Lapras(glare) is strong. Had some trouble w/ the 2 electric/dragons, but they are very rare. Potentially weak to Kyogre, really I'm not sure. Regieleki hits it hard, but there's max so...Urshifu SS is forever a problem for me. Zapdos can lose to scarf if it switches in. Quagsire beats 4/6 of these mons. Hate Reshiram. Quagsire or Zacian usually isn't too bad, but the pair makes everything useless. Pheromones is a problem.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)