Kanto Team - PkMN Master Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this team is lunacy. I don't expect it to win more than half of my battles or against truly dangerous opponents, but I have taken down many unsuspecting über teams with it. Mostly noobs who stacked Kyruem, Dialgia, Rayquaza and Dragon-Arceus, but still. It's not entirely helpless.

The team composition will not change, I just need help with move choices for coverage. I know this team won't win anything big, but it is fun and still holds its own.

Pikachu @ Light Ball - 252SpAtk/ 252Spe/ 6HP
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Substitute
Hidden Power Ice

Leading with Pikachu because there will never be a time where it is a good or safe idea to switch it in. However, it makes for a strong special lead with Light Ball bringing its attack beyond 400. It dies in one hit to nearly everything though so I used Substitute. I'm not sure on the movelist though. I would like to fit in Brick Break over Substitute but that may not be possible.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge - 252SpAtk/252HP/6SpDef
Leech Seed
Earthquake
Sleep Powder
Energy Ball

Venusaur has proven to work quite well with this set. He can sleep anything they try to switch in and then prolong his life by sapping their HP. Earthquake is here as a coverage move, although I would prefer it on Snorlax, it seemed to only fit for Venusaur.

Charizard @ Leftovers - 252SpAtk/ 252Spe/ 6HP
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Air Slash
Roost

Charizard is a dangerous Pokemon to use due to Stealth Rock halving his health on a switch, but this is mediated by a spinning Blastoise. Besides that, he makes for a strong special attacker, but his many weaknesses make him easy prey.

Blastoise @ Leftovers - 252Def/252SpDef/ 6HP
Scald
Protect
Toxic
Rapid Spin

He acts as a bulky staller and is effective at his job. Scald is used over Surf for the burn chance and he acts as the team spinner as Charizard is heavily susceptible to such entry hazards.

Snorlax @ Leftovers - 252HP/ 252SpDef/ 6Def
Curse
Body Slam
Crunch
Rest

Standard Curselax build. Usually I try to use him early in the battle and get 2 or 3 Curses in and the Rest while he shakes off damage easily. With +3 Curse he can sweep most underprepared teams.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers - 252SpAtk/252Spe/ 6HP
Psystrike
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Recover

Finally, the last resort. When all of the other Pokemon have proven incapable of handling the threat, Mewtwo is brought in for cleanup. With +2 Calm Mind Mewtwo will tear through most teams with ease. Recover keeps him in the fight and Ice Beam is for solid coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)