Electrode @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 28 HP/228 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Everyone expects Rain Dance turn 1, so I can Sub and scout, or block their status move. Beats all those Scyther leads I keep getting. Liechi Berry is something I was trying out; it makes sure I can take out that one pokemon keeping me from finishing out the match, and it's fun when it triggers, and I predict the switch to their ghost to Thunderbolt them for the 2hko. Grass over Ice to destroy Quagsire and rock/grounds.

Mainly he lets me see a couple pokes of the opponent's, and then comes back in later for revenge kills.

---
Waddle Dee (Hypno) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 172 HP/112 SAtk/224 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Seismic Toss
- Baton Pass

Specially-aligned tank. He works best against other special tanks, especially calm-minding ones, like Clefable, Grumpig, Claydol. Against them, Calm Mind together to the max, then use Seismic Toss as they are baffled. Then, when you get a free turn, pass out, depending on who you're facing, to Electrode or the next poke...

---
CHOMP CHOMP (Sharpedo) (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Endure

Sweeps teams. If the opponent lets him get in with a bunch of Calm Minds, everything dies. Attack until something faster comes out, then Endure their hit and attack some more. Endure works even at 1 hp, if the opponent sends out something with Fake Out. Dark Pulse is STAB and beats the Calm Minding psychics that Hypno parties with. Rough Skin also lets him work as a fallback against endrevvers.

---
Solid (Steelix) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball

Every UU team has a Steelix, right? CB Steelix hits stuff hard, and still takes physical hits, with Wish support. Physical attackers are contained by him and the next poke...

---
Doom Dreidl (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/112 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock

Standard. Can take Calm Minds from Hypno in a pinch, as well. Shadow Ball beats spin-blocking ghosts, and rocks break sashes for Sharpedo/Electrode to sweep.

---
Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Wish

The glue that holds my team together. It looks REALLY weird, but it works really well. Scrappy lets Double-Edge hit everything hard, and my team lacks physical attacks. Resttalk lets her live forever, and do crazy things like wishpass while asleep. Max HP/SDef lets him take most special attacks well enough to be able to rest every third turn. Takes status, too.
---

This team got me to 1445-1680 rating on the UU ladder, but it can be better, I'm sure.

Interesting team...

First off, Life Orb on Electrode. Gives you almost the same boost on Explosion, but also powers up it's special moves.
Next, I prefer a Mixed attacking Scarf-Pedo with Crunch/Surf/EQ/Ice Beam. That way, the Calm Minds will still help, but it can OHKO those psychics you're worried about and it adds a few more physical options to the team. If you don't want Scarf, at least give him Crunch, with just a few Atk EVs. It will help a ton.
About Steelix....CB is meh. If you like him, keep him, but there are better bulky attacker options in UU, maybe Leafeon?

All in all, though, not a bad team.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like the team, I really do. However, I think there are a few things that could be changed about it.

First of all are your Hypno's EVs. You're already going to be boosting that SpD of his to isane levels, so using some Def EVs would probably suit him far better in the long run. You should aim to survive a Scyther's X-Scissor or a Sharpedo's Crunch.

The "magic number" that you want to hit is 235 Def. By putting 252 HP / 236 Def on your Hypno, you guarantee not only that you survive Mix Sharpedo's LO Crunch, but you survive Jolly LO 252 Atk Scyther X-Scissor 100% of the time if you're at full heatlh.

If you'd like to survive their attacks after Stealth Rock damage, then Bold 252 / 240 is necessary. This guarantees that Crunch will do less than 87% to Hypno.

It is important for you to be able to survive a hit from either of these two because them switching in to your Hypno as it is now means a loss to all of those nice boosts that you gained.

-----------------------------------

I don't like the use of Sharpedo for those Calm Mind boosts. Not only would he be incredibly difficult for him to switch in (He's going to have to take the same Bug attacks that are being directed at Hypno) but he's incredibly succeptable to Quick Attack moves, especially those from Hitmontop. Personally, I believe a Special based Toxicroak to be the best recipient of those boosts. He is also not nearly succeptable to the priority moves, considering he carries one himself. He can also function somewhat well as a revenge killer, should you be unable to successfully give him the Calm Mind boosts.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spe/252 SAtk/4 Def
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Not only does this devestate opposing teams, but it also has defensive bulk. Toxicroak doesn't go down to a single offensive hit and has a real chance to finish the sweep. He's overall a far better candidate than Sharpedo.

------------------

Gyro Ball's power may be nice on Steelix, but it's largely unnecessary. Earthquake + Stone Edge already provide great coverage in UU. You should put Crunch over Gyro Ball because currently, you're utterly walled by Claydol (Unless you feel like using Explosion on it).

------------------

Other than those changes, the team looks really solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)