SS OU Kabutops SS

Cri

The Unbeatable
Hey all, it's me 7EGEND, and I wanted to share my team with you in case it inspires you or you can even use it as it is.

It's mainly Kabutops (Air Balloon) with Swords Dance.
[Kingdra being either a late-game sweeper or dealing good damage every other turn. I chose Life Orb because it helps more as a late-game sweeper (better than specs) since you want not to be locked. It's a usual set with Draco, Hurricane, Hydro and Ice Beam, and all those four moves are needed in Gen8 OU.

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Kabutops is the main poke here. With Air Balloon you can be safe against Ground Type moves and try to set up even against Lando or TTar. Aqua Tail is here since it's the best water type move for Kabu and SP is to counter the dark/rock/steel typings that are found a lot in OU.

Kabutops (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

The rain setter which is also a bit bulky to ensure setting rain multiple times [if needed] , encore is used to try confusing the opponent and then switch out. Weather ball does massive damage too and psychic is basically for Toxapex.

Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Encore
- Weather Ball
- Psychic

Another rain setter since it's not always enough to have 1 setter. It's defensive with the usual set and Damp Rock to maintain having rainy weather for longer periods. U-Turn is crucial since it's usually used last in turn and with that you can switch to Kabu.
Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane

Not a usual rain abuser but I found out that some spd bulky with fairly good spa stat like Jynx is a good addition to the team. It has variety of different typings of moves that can check some pokes like Swampert and max-spd Toxapex as well.

Jynx @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Zygarde mainly is here to check some slower opponent being choice banded with speed enough to outspeed Kyurem [a huge threat to rain teams] Thousand Waves could also do about 3/4 of HP damamge to Primarina! Which is insane. And as you know Primarina is a threat/opponent to rain teams since it counters, easily, both Kabu and Kingdra.

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Waves
- Outrage
- Superpower

I got some replays on YouTube if you wanna check how this team functions.

What's your reviews?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)