Jynx Works Pretty Well peaked like 1500ish

hey. this is gonna be real brief because I really wanna improve this team to try and get onto the leaderboard. it peaked at like 1510ish so ya, i wanna push it up like 50 points. so basically i wanted to use jynx. houndoom and toxicroak have good synergy with her. i wanted to use mix pursuit doom to remove rotom to let donphan spin easily. then i was like hey lets use toxic moltres because its a beast. oh look this team likes spikes lets use qwilfish. oh hey my teams done yay.

Qwilfish (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Aqua Jet
- Explosion

Qwilfish is a pretty boss lead in UU right now. I rarely use Taunt because Uxie and Mesperit usually Psychic first but its cool for not letting shit like Rhyperior, Absol, and whatever else set up. Spikes are obvious and help me abuse switches by the all powerful jynx and help her 2hko milotic easier with a +4 np. Aqua Jet is too hit fire types kinda. (it doesn't really hurt them much tbh.) Explosion is a cool move to go out with a bang. I hate fast Uxie though.... they piss me off. Max speed to tie base 85s and beat 80s. max attack is mainly to power up explosion but i may put them into hp. Anyways Qwilfish is really cool. I've been debating using an anti-lead and putting a spiker out of the lead spot, like maybe a bulky non lead qwilfish or maybe a bulky omastar. so ya, that's the beast that is QWILFISH. oh one more thing. (FUCK CB SCYTHER I HATE IT).

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Enter the Donphan. Hard counters Rhyperior and aggron and shit and switches in on choiced rotom which is always cool. evs are ripped from the analysis and provide good defensive bulk as well as hitting hard with earthquake. i want a more defensive spread because i only have eq and they haven't been very useful... anyways, earthquake is my primary STAB move. it hits really hard off base 120 (i think) attack. Roar is amazing because it beats sub aggron, sub mismag, rotom, etc etc. Rapid spin is obv and sr is to keep moltres at bay. i really want a spdef spread to help taking on mismagius and shit easier so ya help is needed on a good spread.

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/84 Def/176 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Flamethrower

This things really fucking good. like really really really good. it sets up on a shitload of the tier because their afraid of lo fire blast. it also lures milotic in which is HUGE. jynx can actually beat rest talk but regular milotic can be annoying so toxicing (not a word lol) is so vital to an easy sweep by way of jynx. sub is necessary to beat milotic while toxic stalls shit out. roost has awesome synergy with sub + pressure and really just annoys the shit out of teams. its almost funny how so many teams are completely unprepared for this thing. evs are ripped from the analysis but i know they give good bulk while outspeeding something. so ya that's moltres. whoo. it really is replaceable though because i kinda want a taunt + wow mismagius to block spin and fuck with stall as well.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch

Sup im toxicroak i set up all over milotic. ya this is toxicroak and its a beasttttttttttttt. it gives me a nice switch in to milotic and water types in general (which really hurt my team, especially azumarill!) jolly is pretty much necessary on toxicroak imo because the lower damage output isn't really that vital and outspeeding venusaur and other base 80s is huge. sd is to boost all over milotics face, while low kick usually kos it after rocks + spikes. low kick > cross chop because fuck 80 acc and low kick still hits really hard after a boost on shit like azumarill who aren't that heavy. ice punch is for leafeon, tangrowth, and venu and because moltres isn't as popular as it was and ive been seeing a lot of grass types lately. sucker punch = priority and kills fast scarf rotom and what not. so yep thats toxicroak (whos irreplaceable btw.) im thinking of eving it to just outspeed max milotic and putting the rest in hp.

Houndoom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk/224 Spd/32 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

this is mix trap per doom! its really unexpected and i almost always beat mismagius and rotom with it. having 3 sr weak mons is bad but doom + donphan usually takes care of it. the main reason i use this over say, something like trapper drapion is the fact that THIS CAN SWITCH IN ON WOW AND RESISTS SHADOW BALL. it can also go mixed and breaks stall way more efficiently. (milotic still shits on it though :/) sucker punch is for sexy priority and hits really hard. pursuit is the main crux of this set and takes out fleeing ghosts. crunch is reliable stab but im thinking of putting thunder fang > it to 2hko milotic after spikes and some rocks. fire blast is cool to hit donphan really hard and even without much investment still fucks shit up. evs ripped from analysis because that doesnt require any thought ^_^ so ya, thats houndoooooom. ( i always imagine him as scooby doo for some reason :D)

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 8 HP/252 Spd/248 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss

first of all, fuck this thing is awesome. so this is basically how it goes. sub on ice weak mon. lovely kiss the counter who switches in (im usually faster.) nasty plot up. attack if their faster, boost again if theyre slower. proceed to fuck the other team up. this thing is really an amazing sweeper. once things like milotic are severely weakened, registeel dead, faster shit gone, and etc, this thing has no problem sweeping uu. 8 hp is a good sr number and max speed is needed to beat base 90s and tie with max speed houndoom (who is actually rare... sucker punch doesn't run max speed whoo!) the only thing i dont like is that lovely kiss misses which pisses me off..... so ya, thats the team everyone!

ps: sorry everyone for lack of pics... i usually put A LOT of effort into my rmts (for example this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74509) but i really didn't have much time. if i feel like it i'll edit in pics, so ya, thanks and rate please!

edit: ok i put pics...

Threat List: (Just shit I'm weak to.)

CB SCYTHER: When Donphans weakened and one of my priority users are gone it spams the shit outta aerial ace.

SUB MISMAGIUS WITH GOOD PREDICTION : If Sub NP predicts my sucker pawnches im fucked.

AZUMARILL : 2HKOs my team...

MIXED BLAZIKEN THAT HAS STONE EDGE : I cant really revenge well with priority because it resists Sucker Punch.... Another reason why Taunt WoW Mismag could work.

SD DOUBLE EDGE LEAFEON : Hurts my team if theirs rocks up. I can usually take it down with priority though.

According to the defense ev applet, if you want donphan to be equally bulky towards special and physical attacks, you should run 92 HP/252 Atk/164 Sp. Def if you want to keep the adamant nature and all the Atk EV's. However, if you ask me Sp. Def on Donphan is useless as with a base 60 Sp. Def, he won't be walling any variant of Mismagius. Even with that spread, Donphan's defense is 79 points higher. You're better off just fleeing from special attacks.

The point of running SpDef isn't to wall Mismagius; it's to make an emergency spin against shit like Moltres and Milotic. (Heysup has the spread so I'm gonna try and find it.)

Hi,

Cool team so far, just a few things: a Haze Milotic over Moltres would serve as a soft check for Scyther and Mismagius, while countering Blaziken and Azumarill pretty much full stop. In my mind the natural place to put it is over Moltres because you already have two Fire types that are messing up your synergy a bit I think. Go with Surf / Hp Grass / Haze / Recover. This also helps you out with Moltres who looked to be a bit of a nuisance if a slightly less common nuisance. This of course makes Leafeon more problematic, but you said you can priority it away so I trust you :] While your dedicated spin core (Houndoom + Donphan) seems a bit less important now, SpikeStack is so common that I'd keep it around to help against those teams as well as Stall.

One last thing - I know this is "Jynx's team," but I think you are holding yourself back by using it. You could easily use a sweeping Mismagius over Jynx and have an extremely similar sweeper, who works well with Toxicroak, that is a Ghost, which is HUGE for your team. NP Taunt is probably the natural choice for your team, but a TrickSpecs one could be a really cool surprise that owns Forsight Spinners, helping you keep your hazards down. Obviously if you're stuck on Jynx ignore this lol.

Good luck going forward! Nice team!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Reminds me of a cross between Flareblitz and Heysup's team. (The pokemon, not the sets)

The team looks pretty good, but you don't have anything remotely defensive, and that's why you crumble to all of those sweepers. If your opponent gets spikes/SR, all of those sweepers will make your life hell. (Leafeon doesn't even need SD to OHKO your entire team with hazards out)

I recommend swapping out Moltres or Houndoom for a Weezing. I generally don't like running 2 pokemon that are kinda similar even if they do primarily different things. Bulky Weezing can help with your Leafeon, Scyther and Azumarill weakness.

(From Eo's RMT)
Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mixken is still pretty damn dangerous but you can:
-Play around it.
-Pray that it doesn't run Stone Edge.
-Run specially bulky Donphan that can take one Fire Blast.

(The one from Heysup's RMT)
Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/68 Def/188 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Hope I helped.

Your team is seriously lacking a defensive core. a good defesnive pokemon to counter Blaziken and Azumarill is Slowbro.Slowbro could wall Blaziken and Azumarill into oblivion and hit them back hard. Here is the Slowbro i would use.

Slowbro@Leftovers
252 hp 252 Def 4 spD/Impish
Slack Off/Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave.

Hope this helped,gl.

Thanks for the rates guys. PK I like your suggestions and I'll definitely try them out. I'm not to keen on Slowbro because that doesn't help me Leafeon weakness at all... SD Double Edge variants still lol at Weezing but I'll still try it out. So I'm gonna test Milotic, and PK's suggestions. What do you guys think about Taunt + WoW Mismag though?

'Sup Towelie.

Nice team.

I'd definetely bump up Houndooms speed to 252. The chance to outspeed and KO Leafeon (should it not be in Sucker Punch KO range) is huge. Even if it is in Sucker Punch range... it may just Quick Attack if you have taken a little prior damage or Rocks+Spikes. So yeah thats enough reason to bump it.

Your team doesn't exactly like the other base 95s either, mainly Arcanine once you have no Donphan/Fish to check it.

I agree that Moltres really isn't necessary because your team wears down Milotic in a HO style i.e.Qwilfish explodes + hazards, Houndoom takes nice chunks out of it, Toxicroak sets up and does massive damage, Jynx baits it and will hurt it alot/ sleep it. You get the point.

Replace it with your Wow/ Taunt Missy, lures in Registeel which not much of your team does right now. Burning those physical threats is invaluable too.

GL.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there,

The main problem I noticed on your team is that you're literally trying to do too much, employing way too many strategies and executing none of them effectively. As you and many others have mentioned, Moltres seems to be entirely unecessary on this team. Having some of your weaknesses in mind (added to Torterra and Swellow, who you didn't mention, but that completely steamroll your team), and to act as a spinblocker, I recommend Rotom:

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 88 HP/252 SpA/168 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice

Standart Scarf Rotom with a little more emphasis on the bulk, as you might need it to switch on Scyther and Swellow every now and then. As mentioned, this guy can check the aformentioned duo; Torterra; Leafeon around 60%, while also Revenge killing things like Azumarill, Blaziken and Moltres. The Speed is enough to beat base 80 scarfers and Adamant Torterra most notably, but feel free to max its speed if you want some extra insurance against RP Aggron, Scarf Moltres and such.

On another note, if you want Donphan to take special hits somewhat better I'd just go with a 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe spread. It doesn't make you unkillable, but helps. Also, consider Stone Edge over Roar, as you can't hit spinblockers like Rotom and Mismagius at all, and that would also soothen your Scyther weakness.

I might add more things later, but that's pretty much it for now. Good luck =)

Hey. Bumped dooms speed up to max. And bluewind thank you. you were totally right and rotoms been working very well. thanks for the suggestions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)