SS OU Joker Sends his Regards

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Surprise, surprise. I decided to post an rmt on ss ou even though I fucking hate the gen eight mechanics. I wouldn't even bother but my friend nagged me to help him build a team so we built this one a few days ago. He said he had fun using it so I decided to play a bit as well although I'll probably stop after a couple days because I fucking hate gen eight. While I haven't really played gen eight seriously in over a month, I'm basically at the point where I visit the forums just to see if I find a pokemon that would amuse me. I found one and since this is mostly for my friend, I decided I might as well make an rmt just to stop him from annoying me for improvements

:corviknight::clefable::tapu fini::zeraora::blacephalon::garchomp:

:choice specs:blacephalon.gif:choice specs:
Beast Boost
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Knock Off
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Since I was making this team around a pokemon that would amuse me, I decided to go with Joker's favorite mon, or what should be his favorite mon. Someone posted about this in the discussion thread and I wanted to try it out to see if it amuses me. It does because if Dragapult spamming shadow ball is bad, this thing is even worse. Heatran can barely survive two of those and nearly everything else would die to it. Shadow ball and flamethrower are the main stabs. Overheat is my nuke in the event I run into a Landorus desperate to barely avoid dying and hopefully kill Blace. Knock off is just a random move because there isn't anything else to choose from. I don't need its psychic moves and most of the other useful stuff were physical. I barely click the move as is because I just click overheat most of the team. If Heatran is around then I spam shadow ball like hell and even Weavile takes half hp from it. This mon just wants to watch ou burn

:leftovers::sm/tapu fini::leftovers:
Misty Surge
252 HP / 136 Def / 56 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Whirlpool
- Nature's Madness

Next on the chopping block was an answer to Toxapex. Max spdef Pex is one of the few things that can survive two Blace shadow balls so I wanted a way that would get rid of it. I didn't want to brute force it and I wanted a lure so what better starfish bait than, whatever the hell kind of creature Fini is. If you think Heatran is annoying, this thing is lava frog on steroids. NM is a move I spam a lot if I am not sure what is coming in and whirlpool with taunt is obviously to kill Pex. I just chose moonblast as the last move so I can somewhat check Weavile. Also fucks Heatran big time because Tran can barely do anything against Fini. I don't know what that ev spread does. I just put in some spdef for no reason whatsoever, probably to stave off Dragapult but whaetver. My friend wanted to use a calm mind Fini but I told him nah since that set sucks imo and removing Pex was more important and it still handles Heatran nicely because the terrain protects it from toxic

:leftovers::ss/corviknight::leftovers:
Pressure
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Body Press

For the next one, I wanted a pokemon with defog. Obviously metal birb was to be that choice because, well, Zapdos isn't that great. Also fills in the role of much needed steel type and has a slow switch move for Blace. It checks stuff like Kartana and Rillaboom and helps me dance around them. It's just the standard metal birb stuff with body press because fuck Weavile. I just went with leftovers because I'm not really gonna check Moistshifu with this thing anyway and the extra lefties do come in handy

:heavy-duty boots::sm/zeraora::heavy-duty boots:
Volt Absorb
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat

Since the team still needed actual speed, I decided to use Zeraora for the job. Main reason being to put Lando in range to be killed by Blace, or remove its scarf if it has it. It also checks that ever irritating Weavile and straight up kills it and can annoy Dragapult very much with knock off. Knock off is just annoying in general and the close combat can really surprise random Tyranitars. I originally put blaze kick on it because Kartana is annoying but my friend changed it to close combat. I just decided to stick to it since blaze kick was literally only for one god damn pokemon although I have half a mind to replace knock off with blaze kick plus putting Lando in range of Blacephalon was more important

:leftovers::sm/clefable::leftovers:
Magic Guard
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

For the next mon, I still needed a utility one. While I hate Clefable because it keeps smiling even though it is nothing more than a tool, this was my friend's team more than my own so my pride of not using this won't be injured too much. I don't know how to use this thing at all. I just wanted to spam knock off with this thing for no reason. Although my friend and I have been discussing about replacing it with thunder wave instead to better deal with opposing Kartanas while still ensuring that Heatran does not switch in for free. We haven't really come to a definite conclusion because twave is counter intuitive with Fini on the team. Also, that ev is just random. I just slapped in on and since my friend isn't that big of a Clef fan, he decided to just go with it

:yache berry::sm/garchomp::yache berry:
Rough Skin
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

For the last slot, I still needed something to actually clean up. Since we both agreed that Garchomp is a monster, we settled with it. With the item, I decided to experiment for a bit. I don't really need this against Heatran since I have Fini so leftovers wasn't that mandatory. Weavile is a major thorn in Garchomp's side and one of the only two things, I think, that can revenge kill a +1 Garchomp. Since most Weavile are boots, I decided to give it a nasty surprise and laugh as its ice shard doesn't kill although this does mean that I'll have to be careful about Chomp's health. Also serves as a check to Volcarona if I really need to and since I have Fini, Corv and Zeraora, Weavile shouldn't be that annoying

Threats

:sm/garchomp:

Yeah, my main win con is also the biggest threat to the team. That thing gets scale shot boost first it rips my team a new ass. Have to play aggressively with the team to give it as little opportunity to boost up as possible

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:

I don't exactly have an answer to this since Fini can get worn down extremely quick. I can revenge kill it with Blace and Zera but it can create major problems trying to dance around

:sm/Kartana:

Yeah, I don't exactly have a way to delete it from the battle, which is why I mentioned I went with blaze kick originally

:sm/tyranitar: :ss/dracozolt:

For some reason, I have the bad luck of running into sand teams and my friend doesn't. Dancing around the annoying sand rush Nidoking is annoying as fucking hell as the game just turns into russian roulette

:sm/ninetales-alola: :ss/arctozolt:

I'm just theorizing on this one but if sand is giving me grief, I can't imagine why hail won't and for the same exact reasons as why sand is annoying

That's about it. As I said, I'm probably not gonna play gen eight after a couple days and I just want to get my friend off my back. Any thoughts would be nice and I might get back to gen eight again, until the mechanics get on my nerves again that is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)