It's an Ubers Rate My Team, with three weak to that Ice Beam

Thanks in advance to Jibaku and Great Sage for their Guide to D/P Uber Battling.

This is a ShoddyBattle team.

STILL IN TESTING

Like the little rhymish/jingle-ish thing in the title? No? Good. (I don't think that was funny either)

Ok, I'm very mad. I got a good deal through with this...then hit one of those gay back buttons computer companies put on the mouse. Then I spent about two hours on this, was almost done, but had to look at another tab but instead I hit the "Google News" button on the Google toolbar thing. Now I have that disabled.

Oh, right...

A brief look at my team:

Save all your questions for later, as the in-depth analysis of my team will either answer them or raise more.

I've had moderate success with this team, and I'm sure a better battler could do better. It is by no means "typical," which can be good or bad. It hurts against those people who still use Ho-oh because they're either trying to be different or are just stubborn even though Kyogre is everywhere. I've made a few adjustments as I've seen fit, especially when fiddling with the EVs.

I can't really remember much of what I had except for this (and the team, of course):

Weaknesses I've noticed: Forretress (so likely Scizor); Ho-oh; Ice moves generally hurt, but not too much (oh, and a big MixApe weak who's sooo common in ubers)

Important attacking types I don't have: Fire, Water, Rock, Grass

For any moves I haven't decided, you tell me what you think should be there.
What I currently have in that slot will be underlined.
What I think will be the most useful in the slot will be bolded.

In-depth analysis:

Darkrai
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
EVs: 140 Atk/204 Spe/164 SpA

-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Spacial Rend/HP Fire
-Focus Punch

Choice Scarf? Yes. Leading with a Choice Scarf allows me to sleep anything before it can touch me, especially in the case of ScarfOgre leads. Anything in ubers with over 100 base speed seems to never use a Scarf, so I really do NOT have to worry about being outsped, as I've stated already.

Lonely? Why not the standard Naughty? I chose Lonely because of the massive amount of special attacking threats in ubers. Sure, it means that stuff like Metagross will do more to it, but it seems more people sacrifice their Metagross to sleep from Darkrai.

How do those EVs work? Well...I don't know the standard EVs for Blissey in ubers, so I couldn't really find anything to aim for in attack. I did find that Darkrai has to max its attack to have about a 2% chance to OHKO Blissey with 0 HP/252 Def EVs, so I don't think I really need to find anything. Darkrai has 276 attack with 140 EVs and a positive nature, if you want to know. 204 Spe with the Choice Scarf allows me to outspeed max speed Deoxys-S, if I ever saw one on a opposing team for some reason. The rest I dumped into special attack because that's what it will generally attack with.

Spacial Rend? Um...yes. I thought it was an event move for Darkrai since I was told it had something to do with that movie, but it's still on Shoddy so I guess not. Dragon+Fighting hits everything at least neutral, but it also works well by using it on a Psychic type who flees to, say, Rayquaza. I may replace it with HP Fire, though.

SUMMARIZED: ScarfRai is my lead, being able to sleep something without being touched 4 out of 5 times. I can't decide between Spacial Rend and HP Fire. It can hit everything for at least neutral damage, and can do some pretty serious damage. It really helps to set up what I plan to do. It can hurt lots of stuff and get it weak enough (if not KOing it) for Lucario's ExtremeSpeed to do so.

Lucario
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-ExtremeSpeed

Lucario in ubers? Yes. Scizor and Metagross are used in ubers because of their priority moves, Pursuit, good attack stat, and their part Steel typing. Lucario has all of that, but gets SD instead of Pursuit. I realize Scizor and Metagross are also rather sturdy, which Lucario is not, but Lucario has still fared well for me. The following is a quote from one of my battles:

Ike123 said:
i can't believe my ubers team is lucario weak
That was nice to hear, of course.

How does it work? Um...I suppose the same way it does in OU with a little twist. You can come in on Deoxys-A, and predict whether they will switch or stay in (for me, they seem to stay in frequently). If you think they'll stay in, you ExtremeSpeed and get the KO. If you think they'll switch, you get a free SD.

Does it work? How? Ok, let's look at some of the (non-Water) ubers. Obviously, there's plenty of Psychics, who Crunch or ExtremeSpeed can hurt rather badly. Then, there's Blissey and Dialga, who CC takes down with incredible ease. ExtremeSpeed is the most useful move.

SUMMARIZED: Lucario is very useful in ubers, even with its frailness. It can be a revenge killer with ExtremeSpeed/Swords Dance, as well as a late game sweeper. It is a Deoxys-A counter, too, and hits many ubers hard. It takes some prediction to pull off, especially when Giratina and/or Lugia are in the picture. It can also take Dark attacks with a 4x resistance that half of my team is weak to.

Deoxys-S
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP/92 Spe/164 SpD

-Taunt
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-Knock Off

Deoxys-S in ubers? Yes, I'm using the guy that was kicked out of ubers in ubers. It has great support options, and with that blistering speed, it helps a lot.

So it's support Deoxys-S? Yes, even though it's not the most typical set. Taunt helps to annoy other support Pokemon, Light Screen lets it (and others) live through some nasty special attacks, SR is useful as always (especially without any Rock attacks), and Knock Off with it's speed allow it to remove dangerous Choice items as well as Soul Dew from a Lati.

How do the EVs work? Well, a +Spe nature with 92 Spe EVs give it 460 speed, which always outspeeds ScarfOgre. 252 HP gives it 304 HP, a superior Leftovers number, and the rest go into SpD, the main stat targeted in ubers.

SUMMARIZED: Deoxys-S is an excellent support option on this team, with its massive movepool and great stats for the supporting role. It can take a hit (possibly on the switch), and then do something to cripple the attacker. Light Screen can be used in conjunction with Lugia to set up double screens. It can survive some Ice attacks that others don't take well.

Latias
Item: Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpA

-Wish
-Protect
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind/HP Fire

Max HP? Yes, and it ensures that Latias can take any hit from CB Metagross. However, Scizor causes some problems with U-turn/X-Scissor. It has max speed also since it's so helpful in general, with that last point going into special attack.

What's up with the moveset? It's...what Blissey was. A special wall with Wish and Protect. Latias is my special wall, and she does it quite well with Soul Dew, Calm Mind, 364 HP and 444 special defense. Dragon Pulse is for hitting decently hard on most everything, and I have a tough decision between HP Fire and Calm Mind. The only other option I would have for a Fire move on someone else would be HP Fire instead of Spacial Rend on Darkrai, or Fire Punch instead of Dragon Claw on Groudon. Calm Mind is incredibly useful in itself, and it has proven itself so, while I have yet to try HP Fire.

SUMMARIZED: Latias is my Wish passing special wall. Protect is good for scouting things like Selfdestruct/Explosion on Mew, Mewtwo, Metagross, Heatran, Forretress, Magnezone, and Bronzong. Her Dragon Pulse is rather powerful, especially with a CM or two. I don't really know whether to have CM or HP Fire. She can heal Lucario from LO recoil, or someone else in general. She loves to come in on Kyogre or Palkia's Surfs under the sun, especially when Deoxys-S has thrown up a Light Screen. She also is excellent at eating up those nasty Grass Knots people try to throw at Groudon.

Lugia
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/80 Spe/176 SpA

-Ice Beam
-Reflect
-Roost
-Thunder Wave

Thunder Wave? Yes, I use Thunder Wave and it helps A LOT. Lugia has the durability to take a hit from a powerful sweeper, such as Rayquaza or Mewtwo, and then completely cripple it with paralysis. Then it can throw up a Reflect in the face of a physical threat, or Roost to regain HP and escape the threat of an SE Ice Beam or Thunder/Thunderbolt.

What do the EVs do? Max HP for Lugia provides a superior Leftovers number, and the speed is useful in general. The SpA EVs give it 260 special attack, which OHKOs DD Rayquaza just over half of the time. If it doesn't, LO recoil kills it anyway.

Roost over Recover? If you've read the analysis of Lugia then you know. I won't explain it, but it's here towards the bottom of the page.

SUMMARIZED: Lugia can take about any hit and cripple the attacker with Thunder Wave, and then Roost off the damage. It has a moveset very similar to Blissey's in OU, but it lacks Natural Cure. Its Reflects can form double screens with Deoxys-S, and help everyone else in general. Paralysis support is very useful on this team, being so slow. It can take Fighting attacks aimed at Darkrai or Lucario and laugh at them, as well as taking nothing from EQs.

Groudon
Ability: Drought
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 236 HP/232 Atk/36 Spe/4 SpD

-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw/Fire Punch/Stone Edge
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

A RestTalker? Yes, I needed someone to absorb status, and Groudon is great at it. It can be tough when I need to Rest against something part Flying, though, since my chances of succeeding are reduced from 2/3 to 1/3.

Why Dragon Claw/Fire Punch/Stone Edge? Dragon Claw is a good move in general, and hits Rayquaza hard. I often have Groudon in on Rayquaza because they're mainly physical attacking versions, as it would seem they ignore the guide Jibaku and Great Sage wrote. Fire Punch is very appealing to me, though, since all of the Steel types used in ubers are physical attackers. Earthquake is just an excellent move overall, and it would be very hard to give up. Before, Groudon's only attacking move was Dragon Claw, and it could barely do crap to anything. I do suppose that Lugia could take on Rayquaza's and use Ice Beam instead, though. Having the ability Drought also makes it so that Fire Punch, in essence, has STAB. Stone Edge and Earthquake together are good, and makes Groudon an ok Ho-oh counter. I usually have Groudon avoid Ho-oh due to the frighteningness of a STAB sun-boosted Sacred Fire from base 130 attack.

What do those EVs do? 236 HP gives it 400 HP, a superior Leftovers number while being a 4HKO by Seismic Toss/Night Shade, sadly. Adamant and 232 Atk make it so that it OHKOs most Dialga's the majority of the time, while 36 Spe allows Groudon to go before most Dialga, too. The last point goes into SpD, since Groudon generally needs help there.

SUMMARIZED: Groudon is my physical wall, and it is great at it, too. It can seriously mess up Kyogre or Palkia with the sunlight, and can draw in some special attacks Latias easily eats. It absorbs status for my team, and can send Rayquaza back to where it came from with Dragon Claw or its massive defense.

Strategy:

Darkrai sleeps something.
I switch to either Deoxys-S, Lugia, or Groudon as the opponent switches.
Deoxys-S does various things to support, Lugia does various things to support, and Groudon can strengthen the sun and switch to Latias.

In general, I rely a lot on Lugia and Deoxys-S with they're support moves, as well as Darkrai's ability to sleep things. I have some problems in breaking down special walls without Lucario.

I go for the power to OHKO many threats on some of my Pokemon, but still try to have somewhat balanced spreads and be able to take a hit.

By uber standards, I have at least two slow Pokemon (Groudon and Lucario). Lugia could be considered slow, but it isn't that slow. I have the fastest Pokemon in the game in Deoxys-S, a fast Scarf abuser, and a max speed Latias, too.

Threat List:

Mewtwo - Lugia fares well against it, and Deoxys-S can remove a Choice item. Latias does well against special versions with Deoxys-S' Light Screen intact.
Mew - Um...Hard to say, but Deoxys-S' Taunt messes up the most common forms.
Wobbuffet - I guess Deoxys-S' Taunt and non-attacking movepool causes it problems.
Lugia - Deoxys-S' SR hurts it a lot, and Lucario's Crunch fares well.
Ho-oh - Deoxys-S' SR hurts it even more, but otherwise it's tough. I have to hide Groudon when my opponent sends one out, but if I give Groudon Stone Edge, it should be able to live and OHKO.
Latis - If I predict correctly Groudon can really hurt one with Dragon Claw and Lucario's Crunch does ok. Lugia walls them pretty well.
Kyogre - Darkrai can sleep it, Deoxys-S can Knock Off its Choice item and set up Light Screens, Groudon can take away the rain and hit it hard with EQ. Latias takes little damage from Water attacks in the sun.
Groudon - Lugia does great against it.
Rayquaza - Lugia does great against it, Groudon can soak up its attacks, Latias does ok, and Deoxys-S can prevent it from stat-upping with Taunt.
Deoxys-A - Lucario's ExtremeSpeed.
Deoxys-D - Darkrai can do ok, and Latias, to some point.
Palkia - Darkrai, Latias, and Groudon all carry Dragon moves and Groudon can weaken those Water attacks with the sun. Latias takes little from sunny Surfs.
Dialga - Groudon can OHKO, but Lucario's CC is a better option.
Giratina - Everything on my team has a SE move against it (I didn't mean to do that, actually) except Deoxys-S, whose Taunt can cause it huge problems.
Darkrai - Deoxys-S can Taunt it so it can't use Dark Void, Groudon can absorb the sleep, and my own Darkrai is faster so it can hit fairly hard.
Manaphy - Groudon can screw it up with Drought, and then Latias can wall it HARD.
Metagross - Groudon does great against it.
Blissey - Lucario's CC is excellent for it, and Groudon's EQs OHKO it, too.
Heatran - Groudon can be in a confusing situation here. If the opponent is stupid enough to HP Ice you even though it's sunny, you're lucky, Groudon. Lucario may do better with CC, though.
Weavile - Absorb some hits with Lugia in the process of Thunder Waving it, and then Lucario will likely get a nearly free switch-in.
Tyranitar - Lucario can hurt it bad, as can Groudon and it's massive defense.
Skarmory - Part of the reason I need something with a Fire-move. Deoxys-S' Taunt limits its usefulness, though.
Forretress - Another reason I need a Fire-move. I have forced it to Explode once with Taunt, though, which only did about 70% (I believe) on Lugia.
Magnezone - I love imagining Darkrai Focus Punching it while it uses Magnet Rise, but I doubt anyone would use Magnet Rise against Darkrai.
Ninjask - Deoxys-S can't outspeed it with the EVs given, but Darkrai can in sleeping it.
Heracross - Groudon fares well, while...not much else. It's tough.
Chlorophyll - Lugia does great against pretty much all of them.
Shedinja - SR FTW. Darkrai and Lucario got it, and whoever I give a Fire move to. If I give Groudon Stone Edge, him, too.
Swift Swim - Groudon takes away the rain, Lugia fares ok against them.
Jirachi - Groudon can hurt it with EQ, and Lugia's Thunder Wave cripples it. Also whoever gets a Fire move.
Bronzong - Lugia's Thunder Wave, Deoxys-S can Taunt it, and just keeping on hurting it, I guess.

Team Check:

Have a special wall? Yes (Latias)
Have a physical wall? Yes (Groudon)
Have a special sweeper? Yes (Darkrai/Latias)
Have a physical sweeper? Yes (Lucario)
Have resistances to Dragon, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Ground, Water, Fire, Steel and Rock? Yes, all of them, even though the majority of these resistances are from a Pokemon with worse defensive stats than Azelf.
Have a spinner? No, but there's only one and Deoxys-S' Taunt can stop Spikes/SR/Toxic Spikes from even going up
Have a phazer? No, but Thunder Wave works nearly as well (surprisingly)
Have a weather changer? Yes (Groudon)
Have a spiker? Yes (Deoxys-S)
Have a sleep talker? Yes (Groudon)

Ok, that's it from what I remember typing the last time. Suggestions for moves I should have, different EV spreads, a different Pokemon, etc. is what I'm searching for; especially for those moves I'm unclear on. I need a Fire move very badly, so please don't say it is good as it is. Please don't tell me to replace Lucario with Heracross, for the main reason of Heracross not having priority moves. I know Heracross fits into ubers much better, but not with this team.

Having severe issues with Darkrai? Need a restalker that benefits from sleep? Trying to get rid of pesky Dialga, while still being able to take on mewtwo and Deoxsys D? Considering your best answer to Darkrai is Deoxys-S... well, read on.

I don't think there are any pokemon that fit the description... Except this heracross;

Heracross @ Choice scarf
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 232 Spe, 26 SpD

Megahorn
Close Combat
Pursuit
Sleep Talk

Stone Edge isn't too handy in Ubers, the only popular flyer is Lugia, and Megahorn hurts it pretty bad. Darkrai, however, is a threat, and Heracross can come in on it, and 2/3 of the time will kill it off. Dark Pulse and Focus Punch won't hurt Heracross either. You could also use the Guts boost!

You don't need max speed in Ubers, 395 enough is to outrun Mewtwo anyways.

Uh...Thanks, but I don't see what that has to do with my RMT. Sure, it's a pretty good Heracross set for ubers, but that's not what RMTs are for.

You sounded like you were trying to sell me something at the beginning.

Uh i never said that and if i recall correctly i 6-0 ed you with my ogre, and darkrai, and even when u had major hax with 3 toxi misses, and parahax frim lugia in one match I still 4-0ed you ,so I dont think i have a LUCARIO weakness unless winning is considered a weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)