It Ends Here (Peaked #38 on the UU Ladder)

It Ends Here

Hello Everyone, welcome to the introduction to my team. I recently got into UU because i wasn't interested in OU anymore after gen 4. My expectations wasn't very high, i thought i was going to quit again for a while, but i played a few battles here and there and i started to like the metagame. This team doesn't work well anymore, mainly because Kyruem is banned, and my team was centered around it, and it really was the center piece to my team. With that said, i'm going to retire it and make a new team. I had no plans of making a weather team mainly because i hate weather based teams, i just made an offensive based team. Here we go.

/
/
/
/
/

Zoroark (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Illusion
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Night Daze
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

Zoroark is a unique Pokemon. Illusion can be a great surprise and gives me a couple of kills each match. Despite being such a great Pokemon, it's defenses aren't so great, and it dies relatively quick..a replacement is always welcomed. Night Daze is for the obvious stab, and it's Zoroark strongest move..it also handles Mew, Wobbu, and other psychic threats. Hidden Power Ice is for Donphan and flying types like Zapdos and Staraptor to name a few. Sucker Punch is also for revenge killing threats that are low in health, but i must watch out for the mind game shit

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Taunt
Mew. I originally had Wobuffett instead of Mew, and it worked quite well, but it slowed my offensive tempo down, and i wanted to try something new. I saw someone use SD Mew and i thought i'd give it a shot, it haven't worked so well for me, Mew can also be replaced for someone else, or another mew set that gives my team a better opportunity to win.

Victini @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break
- U-turn
Victini is such a great Pokemon, it hits very hard with a Choice Band and it's very powerful when used right. The only thing that i don't like about Victini is that it's speed lowers every time you use V-create, and that can lead you into some rough situations at time, most of the time it's great. Fusion Bolt is obviously for Bulky Waters like Suicune, Slowbro, and Milotic. Brick Break is for those who are weak against it i guess, to be honest, i hardly ever use it..U-turn is for scouting.

Staraptor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost
- U-turn

Staraptor was the only replacement i could think of that had the power that Kyurem had, it does its job fairly well, but boy does it die quick. I usually bring Staraptor in during the end of the match when all of it's counters are eliminated. Brave Bird is Staraptor signature move, but i tend to use it only when it needs to be used, because i don't like the LO / BB recoil at all..Close Combat is a fairly nice move to use, can threaten Chansey and other types that don't resist it, Roost is for recover and U-turn is to scout the opponents team.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Empoleon is my bulky water, and the only real reason why i was using Empoleon at the time was to take care of Kyurem or whatever that dragon name is. At the time, it can handle it fairly well, and set up Stealth Rock in the process. Empoleon is also a great Kingdra counter, which is a plus. Scald is a very helpful move, Grass Knot is for other bulky waters..and Roar is to scout / Phaze out sweepers.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Ice Shard

Lastly, it's Donphan. Donphan is imo the best spinner in UU. I've tried out Hitmontop, it was great and all, but i needed something more appealing. Donphan, unlike Hitmontop, can take care of a little more Phsyical Threats while dishing out a powerful Earthquake in the process. Rapid Spin to get rid of those pesky rocks, which harms my team. Earthquake is Donphan main attacking move, it's also STAB which is helpful. Toxic is when i know for sure the opponent is going to switch to their Donphan check / counter, so it's helpful when i can cripple them. Ice Shard is for priority but it can be replaced.

Well, there goes my team, sorry for such a half assed rmt thread, but i'm mainly asking for help instead of making the thread look appealing.

Just some suggestions.

You don't really have much entry hazards. On Empoleon you might want to knock off over roar. Nabbing Chansey on the switch is one of the most satisfying things ever but of course the trade off is that it leaves you more vulnerable to smashpassing.

You'll want reckless on staraptor for the power boost. If you want to settle for a bulkier version with intimidate perhaps you can try substitute over uturn and see how it works out.

Also, flygon can threaten empoleon and staraptor with OHKOs while supereffectively uturning on 3 of your pokemon. Your only counter, donphan, won't be able to do much if it uturns away.

Weak to arceus.

Jk, jk. May I recomend putting NP on Zoro? He could get a free turn of set up w/ the right poke, which will bring me to my next comment.
Claydol in last place. He functions better than vitcini: he resists the quake-edge combo that so many physical pokes carry while still maintaining a fight resist. Take donphan out for him, and move Victine up a few spots. That way you can keep you can surprise them w/ victini later.
Finally, I would take the mew out. If you add on that claydol like I said, It'd be safe to say you have a dark weakness. I would put on a tangrowth to do some physical wallin' myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)