Is this possble..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright..this will sound crazy and I myself am freaked out. I tried asking Cerberus if this is possible, but I guess he's away. Well, I was just biking through Route 229 and ran into a calm scyther. I already traded my shiny one so I went ahead and caught it. Since I've just recently been getting into trading for good IV pokemon and stuff I checked it's IVs on metalkid's IV calculator..This is weird it gets scary, it said that all the IVs are supposedly 30-31..

Is this even possible? If so, how many of you has this happened to? Also, is there any way to confirm this is correct? I might put it in the daycare but it'll take forever to level up.

Post/PM me the stats/level, and I'll run them through a few IV calcs for you if you want to see if you're right.

if you don't have any rare candies, try doing an IV battle.

Yes, it is possible, but the chance is 1 / 16^6 or 1/16,777,216. Are you sure there are no EVs on it? that could make the IVs look higher.

Wild pokemon don't have any EVs right? I'll PM them to you right when I get home shadow. I'm working off my office computer atm, but I will confirm everything in an hour and 15 minutes when I'm off work.

Alright, no problem. It is perfectly possible to get 30-31 IV's in all stats, just incredible rare, and hard to do without breeding. (Even with breeding it's tough)

so by 30-31, did you really mean 31 in four stats and 30-31 in HP and Atk? This is the stats that it should have:
150/121/104/78/114/130 with speed last

the chance of getting that is 1/268,435,456
so, yeah. Either you're wrong or lucky :P

Yeah, my friend on the phone is telling me how much he hates me for it, but I'll check the stats when I get home and post here. Since it really is possible, I hope that it's perfect, but I'd be just as happy with 31s and 30s. Definitely good for cloning and trading?

Wouldn't it just be more secure for her to post the stats here and have you run them through an IV calculator?

Yeah, I ran them through Metalkid's stat calculator which was recommended to be really good. I'm going to post the stats here as soon as I get home. (I'm a guy btw) And uh, yeah, I really don't feel like getting scammed in my moment of glory (?), Epistaxis. I can show you in a trade after I post them.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although from loadingNOW's investigations into the random number generator we know that it is possible to catch a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon, and that it is possible to breed for such a Pokemon, the odds of doing so are so remote that it is considered to be beyond the means of mortals.

If you'll look at the breeeding guide by Peterko and X-Act, you'll see that the odds for breeding a max-stat Pokemon in Advance and DP are insane. So insane that not even Jumpman16, resident admin and extremely patient breeder, could breed a perfect Magikarp. (And remember that 'karps hatch really fast, too.) The odds are so stacked against this that you can't possibly expect your run-of-the-mill random to have such a Pokemon legitimately.

The odds are even crazier with catching a max-stat Pokemon. For one thing, catching such a Pokemon willfully requires a) knowing the right in-game clock time and b) timing the encounter with the Pokemon VERY precisely. In fact, doing this precisely requires superhuman reflexes, because the seed for the generator changes every few milliseconds (or even less).

With all this in mind, it's no surprise that anybody trading one of these Pokemon at Smogon pretty much gets banned on sight.

That raises an interesting question I've been meaning to ask for a while. It's a little off topic, but how are IVs passed on to babies?

Ah..that sorta sucks. But it is impossible to argue against those odds, and I realize that. I didn't know what factors effected the chances of running into a pokemon like this, but it just happened by luck? Lol, I'm not even sure how to explain it after reading the thing about the clock time, the superhuman reflex, and the generating thing.

Ah, my post didn't update ;_;. I don't mind not being able to trade it, but I can breed it for good IV bug pokemon I guess. Lol, I don't think anyone would really want a calm scyther.

Do you have the stats yet? Metalkid's calculator was designed so that you entered the stats of the pokemon as you used Rare Candies if I'm not mistaken

If it is perfect in all stats, then it still doesn't bother me. I don't care much for Scyther / Scizor

I also caught a Wooper awhile back with 28+ IV's in all the important stats but that Scyther is just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)