Is there one pokemon that can wall both scizor and Tyranitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAN YOU COUNTER SD SCIZOR + CB TYRANITAR USING 1 POKEMON?

I have been playing on the suspect ladder recently under the alt. The Fury i am at the time of writing this 17th yay. I have been thinking about threats and how one goes about countering. For this reason P2 is one of my favourite pokemon as it counter gyarados and salamence both excellent fighting type pokemon counters and massively dangerous pokemon. But now i have become interested in defending against some of the biggest physical threats on suspect ladder SD/CB Scizor + CB Tyranitar it is interesting to note that both of these are counters to Latias and are therefore highly abundant on the suspect ladder.

+

So Come on smogon rack your brains and come up with the answer.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Fire Fang Hippowdon seems the safest (watch out for Aqua Tail).
It's not as simple as you'd like it to be I'm afraid. You're going to have to outpredict CBTar for the mostpart...SDScizor is easy enough to counter I find.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Choice Band Scizor is far more common then the SD version nowadays
Certainly in Suspect where it can trap Latias

When it comes to Choice users countering them is not the way, pokemon like Hippowdon will fall even with their massive defenses to those two.

Rather try to predict them and make use of the fact they are locked in to one attack, that's the way you should handle a choice user

To start you off lets look at their individual counters.

For scizor the best counters are

Zapdos

Rotom-H

Skarmory

Bulky Gyarados

For Tyranitar the best counters are

Hippowdon

Swampert

others do well against his stab attacks like

Lucario

Breloom

This should hopefully get you thinking about these two and hopefully you will come up with the answer.

Good Luck.

When it comes to Choice users countering them is not the way, pokemon like Hippowdon will fall even with their massive defenses to those two.

Rather try to predict them and make use of the fact they are locked in to one attack, that's the way you should handle a choice user
This is true and is reallly what i am after when one attempts at countering these we attempt to switch in something that will generally take a small amount of damage from its normal attacks ie the ones it leads with. In this respect hippowdon is a good choice.

In this respect Lucario is an excellent switch in with a

4x resist to both Tyranitars Rock and Dark

and

4x resist to scizors Bug

and 2x resist to Bullet punch of which Tyranitar and Scizor get heavily damaged in turn by a Lucario's Close Combat

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you can get a Modest Specs Luke into a Stone Edge, Crunch, Bullet Punch, or U-turn, it OHKOs both of them with Aura Sphere after SR.

EDIT: And so you're The Fury lol. I did wonder.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
CAN YOU COUNTER SD SCIZOR + CB TYRANITAR USING 1 POKEMON?

So Come on smogon rack your brains and come up with the answer.
This should hopefully get you thinking about these two and hopefully you will come up with the answer.

Good Luck.
The way you talk is as if you were a teacher and we are a bunch of kids in a classroom.

This is a serious forum not some game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)