HP: 94
Attack: 80
Defense: 86
Sp. Atk: 122
Sp. Def: 80
Speed: 108
Total Stats: 570

Pros:

- Fast! 108 with quark drive outspeeds the entire metagame and even unboosted it really puts in work especially against many teams especially in this meta where the mons are unlikely to be faster than it and it can hit them hard
- Relatively strong, it is able to spam its relatively strong stabs and hit other pokemon super hard especially since its coverage complements each other super well and very little resists the dual stabs
- 2 immunities can allow it to take advantage to switch into them and get free switches of them especially since it allows it to bring a decent amount of defensive utility to its team
- Access to knock off allows it to harrass the enemy team with it, this is a great pro to have as it can disturb would be switches such as florges, tinkaton, scream tail, rotom-wash, and more

Cons:

- Without boots it is vulnerable to rocks and will need hazard removal to prevent it from being worn down over the course of the game
- Hurricane accuracy is undesirable at times and relying on it to hit especially with iron jugulis fragility is not the position you want to be in
- Unable to dent special walls hard without specs
- Competition with hydreigon, the dragon typing provides it a lot of utility being able to switch into or tank a hit from kilokowat, rotom-wash, lycanroc-d priority accelerock, and a general greater amount of resistances
- Awkward speed tier, while fast... not fast enough and being outsped by gengar, lycanroc-d, grafaiai, scream tail, and more

Terastalizing Potential:

Steel: allows it to take many fairy, rock, and ice attacks easier to take and make it able to turn the tables against them.
Flying: Esp with specs this makes its hurricanes a massive nuke and makes it very very hard to switch into.
Dark: Lose the rocks weakness and become a nuke with double dark stab and many mons do not want to switch in.

Potential Sets:

Choice Specs Iron Jugulis
Iron Jugulis @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Fire Blast
- U-turn

This takes advantage of specs to fire of the nuclear power moves, the result of this is that many pokemon can get surprised and absolutely wear a team down to overwhelm them especially since even fairies do not want to take specs hurricanes constantly

FINCH Iron Jugulis

Iron Jugulis @ Booster Energy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Earth Power

Used on HO to wear a team down with its nuclear hurricane stab, with its increased speed being able to revenge kill many mons. Knock + taunt can deny a lot of recovery and attempt to defog away the hazards.

BOOTS pivot

Iron Jugulis @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off / Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Fire Blast
- U-turn

can wear down a team with knock off and u-turn which can make it so the would be checks or counters get worn down easily especially with hazards cutting into them and being cut of from recovery

Last edited:
Booster TW
Iron Jugulis @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Flying / Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- Dark Pulse / Flash Cannon
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

With a Modest nature you get a SpA boost with booster energy, then you Tailwind to setup a potential sweep. I think this is a very cool concept just I haven't made a team with it yet. But I like the idea of +1 SpA + Tailwind sweeping potential ^^

A definite con of Jugulis compared with regular Hydreigon (who offers pretty direct competition) is the lack of both Roost and Nasty Plot. While Jugulis is fast, it also does not hit as hard as regular Hydreigon, which at least for me has been a big factor in not putting it on teams. Finally, Hydreigon's Dragon typing makes it one of the best Rotom answers available, which Jugulis lacks. The addition of the Flying typing is fairly irrelevant in terms of switch-in opportunities as well since regular Hydreigon has Levitate. Overall I'm not convinced Iron Jugulis has much reason to be used over regular Hydreigon, except as a pure wallbreaker.

A definite con of Jugulis compared with regular Hydreigon (who offers pretty direct competition) is the lack of both Roost and Nasty Plot. While Jugulis is fast, it also does not hit as hard as regular Hydreigon, which at least for me has been a big factor in not putting it on teams. Finally, Hydreigon's Dragon typing makes it one of the best Rotom answers available, which Jugulis lacks. The addition of the Flying typing is fairly irrelevant in terms of switch-in opportunities as well since regular Hydreigon has Levitate. Overall I'm not convinced Iron Jugulis has much reason to be used over regular Hydreigon, except as a pure wallbreaker.
- Hydreigon lacks roost to and its litterally 2 points weaker than hydreigon while being in fact 10 points faster.
- Sure hydreigon is able to deal with rotom-wash but its not exactly hard for it to put it into range and hydreigon does not want to eat a t-wave
- lack of a 4x fairy weakness makes it so it is able to eat a gleam from espartha... which is pretty valuable so far

- Sure... hydreigon is a better scarf user but you can use iron jugulis as a valid specs, boots pivot, and a quark drive abuser.... it is a pretty good mon at that

- Hydreigon lacks roost to and its litterally 2 points weaker than hydreigon while being in fact 10 points faster.
- Sure hydreigon is able to deal with rotom-wash but its not exactly hard for it to put it into range and hydreigon does not want to eat a t-wave
- lack of a 4x fairy weakness makes it so it is able to eat a gleam from espartha... which is pretty valuable so far

- Sure... hydreigon is a better scarf user but you can use iron jugulis as a valid specs, boots pivot, and a quark drive abuser.... it is a pretty good mon at that
I personally agree with Celebi that this mon faces a lot of competition from Hydreigon and is probably one of the bigger cons going for it.

While Jugulis is faster I haven't found it to be particularly useful from experience. It's nice for outspeeding Banded Staraptor and a Salamence that hasn't set up (Tho you cant even KO it without chip), but otherwise it still has an awkward Speed tier leaving it slower than Gengar, which is pretty sad for it. Also the typing leaves it more vulnerable to Lycanroc-D and Kilo getting free turns. As for Roost you are correct, though Hydreigon can run Lefties compared to Jugulis usually wanting Boots.

Also even if you do live Dazzling from Espathra doesn't that just mean it's going to be Terra Fairy? In which case it doesn't really matter in some cases unless you Terra too and have Flash Cannon. Something you could also just do with regular Hydreigon.

Just my opinion on the mon: Overall I think Jugulis is a weird rendition of Hydreigon and I haven't found many cases where you'd actually want to use it over Hydreigon, a mon with way more flexibility imo (Specs, Scarf, NP 3 atks or sub, Taunt sets, etc.). Specs was cool under rain to avoid the Hurricane drawbacks when I tested it and that felt pretty strong. I personally think it struggles with Fairies more than regular Hydreigon would because of the reliance on Specs to even dent the bulky ones like Florges. Not letting Azumarill in as easily is probably the strongest thing going for it in that regard. Against ill-prepared teams Jugulis can definitely run away with a game and I think that Booster set you posted probably has the most potential setting itself apart, will def try it out when I have time.

With Hydreigon banned, Iron Jugglis is emerging as one of the best Pokémon in the whole tier. It has very good overall stats, quite powerful and outspeeds 99% of the metagame at +1. It is also pretty challenging to switch into having excellent coverage moves. There's really only one pokemon that is commonly seen that I can think that can tank its hits pretty consistently and thats Gastrodon and even it has to be wary of Taunt. Another nice thing is immunity to Prankster and having access to Knock Off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)