Rejected Iron Ball Negates Levitate

Hey! I'm recommending an edit to the article for Iron Ball. It does not mention that it negates Levitate as well, it only mentions Flying types at the moment. Not sure if this is a mechanic issue on Showdown that doesn't match the base game (unlikely) or if it just needs an updated description.

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/items/iron-ball/

Here is proof that it negates Levitate too from a draft league game I saw: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1310320456-x45ivtnzqvyyu2hcsok9sekr3uoc7gupw

An alternative to this would be macho brace, funnily enough. People would just need to be able to figure that out based on the description for Iron Ball

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I agree it definitely could be phrased better, but this is the suggestion board for Pokémon Showdown, not Smogdex.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Yeah, I did check that after making my post. I think it's a reasonably good point that PS's long description could be improved.

Yeah, I did check that after making my post. I think it's a reasonably good point that PS's long description could be improved.
Thank you for not just shutting the idea down, lol you're the goat Zarel. I think the wording could definitely be improved.

My point in this now, for others reading this, is that if you're saying "grounded," don't just mention flying types alone and add reinforcement to only one of the two things that being grounded would include; that partially implies that levitate doesn't count when it actually does. In reality it's just a redundancy in language that leads to misconceptions on Iron Ball which I've seen on numerous occasions past the one replay I saved and posted here. It's a real shame the number of games that are likely lost because of a simple writing redundancy that can potentially mislead the reader.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)