International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy Trick Room is usually my easiest match up with me just picking Amoonguss + Hydreigon and Jellicent + Tornadus in the back. I think the majority of you knows how this works out, if not, just ask for it and I can edit this post if you're interested in it.
I'd be interested to see how that plays out, because as far as I can see my usual (heavy) Trick Room set up beats that, barring a crit.

Daniel, if you even bother reading this:
Please, please, prettyplease don't think winning this charade will get you respect as a VGC battler when all you're able to do is abusing the system and disconnecting if you're about to lose.
So many Daniels sullying my good name... :( I even played against a disconnecting Daniel myself. My name also being Daniel, I can at least be sure I'm not this guy, since my rating peaked at 1751.

I just used my VGC team again. You can see it in my VGC warstory in this forum, or I can just tell you it's the blatantly obvious what I'm going to do team of Reuniclus, Amoongus, Conkeldurr, Chandelure, Druddigon and Eelektross. Match I lost hardest was probably when my Chandelure got IMprisoned by an opposing one, leaving me only able to Protect. Being locked into Protect is not the best thing ever.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I went with my Nats team for this, because Zoroark is too boss to be associated with all the casual players.

For reference on what the team was:

Gigalith (F) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Sturdy
IVs: 31/28/31/11/28/31
EVs: 188 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

About the only thing it does is Turn 1 Explosion. It's really stressful to bring it to battle since I'm screwed if it fails to work. But it almost always works so...

Zoroark (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Illusion
IVs: 28/31/26/31/16/31
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SAtk / 60 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

I never saw any other Zoroarks that had Sucker Punch. Which is a tragedy since unexpected STAB 80 priority is vicious.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
IVs: 30/31/20/xx/30/31
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Self explanatory Guts moveset.

Jellicent (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Water Absorb
IVs: 31/17/20/31/28/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard

Self explanatory Scarfed Jellicent moveset

Eelektross (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Levitate
IVs: 31/18/28/31/31/19
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- 67 Ice Power
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Self explanatory Eel with special attacks.

Chandelure (F) @ Fire Gem
Trait: Flash Fire
IVs: 31/23/31/31/31/12
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Protect

Fire Gem Overheat continues to be one of my favourite moves. Overheat has 100% accurate for me in VGC. Heat Wave on the other hand, can go die in a fire for all those times it misses and costed me battles.

I don't think the team's mind game strategy worked so well against the vast majority, since most probably didn't understand the risk of a potential Trick Room team. In the end, I pretty much just led with Conkeldurr and Zoroark and double priority'd to KO things one by one, since nobody below 1500 seem to run Protect.

Somehow I think I lost against just about every Smogoner I could recognize in the tourney.

I only decided to save one battle in the Tourney. In the end I saved a really close match I had against Chinese Dood:
38-43201-31525

I had a lot of fun (damn D/C's).
Rating: 1882 Hope make it into the TOP 100 if TPCi really punish those who D/C'ed

Hello everybody, my name is Mateus Lôbo and i'm a game journalist who works for Nintendo World, the official Nintendo magazine in Brazil. It's a monthly magazine and of course has a Pokémon column which is written by me. Nintendo World has a partner blog called Nintendo Blast (i work there too) and i want to write an article about the tournament in both.

If you dont mind, i would like to see some battle videos and comments about your tournament experience.

I know it's a brazilian magazine and you cant read it, but it will help a lot.

If anyone wants to ask something, PM me. Thanks everyone!

I wish I had more battles, like I swear I got less than 1/2 the battles that other people here got. Stupid school :(

And apologies to anyone I D/C'd on, I hate D/Cs but SOMEBODY decided to play with the already unreliable internet....
I hope I do well, it was really FUN!

My Final Rank:1719 battles:62 Idk how much battles I lost and won.
My Team:
♂ Jolly | Defeatist | 31/31/31/9/31/31 | Cloned by AR
Flying Gem | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Acrobatics | Rock Slide | Protect | Quick Guard
♀ Timid | Cursed Body | 31/19/31/31/31/31 | Cloned by AR
Choice Scarf | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Water Spout | Shadow Ball | Blizzard | Safeguard
♂ Bold | Effect Spore | 31/19/31/31/31/31 | Cloned by AR
Coba Berry | 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Giga Drain | Spore | Rage Powder | Protect

♀ Timid | Levitate | 23/x/19/31/31/31 | Cloned by AR
Quick Claw | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Dragon Pulse | Dark Pulse | Flamethrower | Surf
(my breed)
♂ Impish | Shed Skin |
30/31/26/31/27/31
Sitrus Berry | 184 HP /194 Att. /12 Def. /120 Speed(Yes It is weird)
Dragon Dance | High Jump Kick | Ice Punch | Crunch
(this was my breed)
♀ Timid | Flame Body
30/X/31/30/31/30 HP Grass 70
Fire Gem | 252 Sp.Att /4 Sp.Def /252 Sp.Att
Heat Wave | Quiver Dance | Bug Buzz | Hidden Power
Thanks to V4Victini for this beauty.

Thats it ,My awesome team thanks to Muffinhead for the Archeops, Ammonguss, and Jellicent
And yes I notice the pokemon are different sizes.
ill change tommorow... again

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As long as we're posting teams...

Thundurus@Electric Gem
Prankster
Timid, 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Discharge
Hidden Power Ice
Thunderbolt
Protect

If I had tested it some more, I probably would have switched this one around a bit. Electric Gem rarely made a difference, and I think I used Thunderbolt about three times over the entire tournament. Mostly it was just sitting there spamming Discharge to power up...

Zebstrika@Life Orb
Lightningrod
Timid, 52 HP/252 SpA/204 Spe
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Overheat
Protect

Everyone underestimates the zebra, like soul survivor's poor Amoonguss :P Underspeeding the genies was never a problem since both of them and Archeops got wrecked by Discharge anyway.

Landorus@Normal Gem
Sand Force
Jolly, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Explosion
Protect

3/5 of the rest of my team being immune to Earthquake was nice, and Helping Hand Normal Gem Explosion was always fun for finishing off an opponent I was already slaughtering. Also did surprisingly well at stalling out Trick Room teams.

Musharna@Sitrus Berry
Telepathy
Sassy, 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Yawn
Helping Hand
Psychic
Magic Coat

Aside from one time I used it to get someone to put their own Amoonguss to sleep, Magic Coat was useless, so I probably should have dropped that as well. Otherwise, it was great. Max SpD surprised a lot of Hydreigon and Chandelure, I'd imagine.

Mienshao@Focus Sash
Inner Focus
Jolly, some funky EV spread I don't remember off the top of my head
Fake Out
Rock Slide
Hi Jump Kick
Taunt

First returning member of my old VGC team. Didn't use these two as much as the previous four, but he was always useful when I did, especially against Trick Room because Taunt usually worked.

Tornadus@Flying Gem
Prankster
Jolly, some other funky EV spread
Acrobatics
Hammer Arm
Tailwind
Protect

Second returning member, mostly just Acrobatics spam. I actually only used Tailwind in one battle that I can remember, and Hammer Arm was almost never useful enough to outweigh the drawbacks.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
VGC Autumn Friendly for +Jedi

Wins
vs California (2-0)
vs Argentina (4-0)
vs STEED (United States) (2-0)
-Video: 74-88678-26947
vs Nemo (Germany) (2-0)
-Video: 14-81672-51660
vs Fatum (Germany) (1-0)
-Video: 16-21089-21255
vs BALAN (Mexico) (2-0)
vs Aaron (Michigan) (2-0)
vs dohko (Mexico) (3-0)
vs T. Xico (Sau Paulo, Brazil) (3-0)
vs TOMMY (Pennsylvania) (2-0)
vs TOMMY (Pennsylvania) (3-0)
vs MEGID (New York) (3-0)
-Video: 66-52221-66896

Losses
vs Lol (United Kingdom) (1-3)
vs JiveVGC (New Jersey) (0-3)

Final Rating: 1652; Final Score (not including d/c's): 12-2

D/Ced Matches:
vs AWESOME (New York) (2-0) (d/c)
vs Lol (United Kingdom) (4-3) (d/c) (HUGE DICK)
-Among plenty of others...

The team:

Amoonguss ("Fungular") (M) @ Coba Berry
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Protect

Chandelure ("Tiara") (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Eelektross ("Unagiya") (M) @ Flight Gem
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wild Charge
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

Jellicent ("LSPrincess") (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Water Spout
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Terrakion ("Porthos") @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Hydreigon ("MaleficCED") (M) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Fire Blast

Analysis of this tournament:

If I wasn't away for a wedding in Florida, I would have done more matches (not that I would have missed the wedding for anything). But overall, yes, a bunch of d/c crybabies. The one that pisses me off the most is the one against Lol from United Kingdom. See one of those losses? Yeah, I knew I lost, so I forfeited. I then go to find another match and immediately, it pairs me up again with him. I have the upper hand this time, and lo...he d/c's. HUGE DICK.

The only other loss was against JiveVGC, some chick from New Jersey. Misplayed that match, but she did what she had to do to win. Props to her. Other than the d/cers, this tourney was rather exciting, but I agree...Nintendo and Game Freak better get their act together and fix this d/c problems. I'd have more wins and most likely would have reached a 17xx rating.

Love the team I used for this thing. Terrakion and Eelektross were usually the odd guys out, with Amoongus and Chandelure pairing up nicely with Hydreigon and Jellicent in reserve. Surprisingly, I didn't see many Trick Room teams when I battled, so it was smooth sailing to me. Shout out to Tyler for being such a great tutor!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In the end, I pretty much just led with Conkeldurr and Zoroark and double priority'd to KO things one by one, since nobody below 1500 seem to run Protect.
I have some friends on a casual Pokémon fan site, and whenever I'm discussing VGC/general doubles over there I try to stress how useful Protect is, but they don't seem to believe me. I think it's something you have to learn on your own.

How do you load battle videos from the battle recorder itself? The only Battle Video I have is against Cybertron(an video Im ashamed of) and I wanna put it on youtube.

This is my first post on smogen as well. I thought I might as well share my team and my results.

Wins - 79
Loses- 16
1 D/C for myself( unintentional, router was reset)
30~35 D/C for opponents (these guys truly ruined this tournament for everybody)
Peak Rating - 1833
Final Rating - ~1740 (really should have stopped playing last night, really killed my rating.

----
Team
----

<Core 3> (These 3 started every match for me, in this order, no matter the opponent)

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Taunt
Encore
Tailwind

This poke was real clutch for me. Stopped 4/5 of every trick room team I played with Taunt/Encore combo. The Sunny Days gave the rest of my team their power

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Fire Blast
SolarBeam
Shadow Ball
Clear Smog (I dunno, had an extra slot, thought it might be useful. Wish I used Overheat or Heatwave over it)

My other starting poke with Whim. Fire Blast in the sun is deadly( or would be if this mofo wouldn't miss every other one), 2HKO's any thing that doesn't resist. SolarBeam for Rocks and Water, instant with sun. Shadow Ball pretty much for other Chandelures.

Liligant @ Focus Sash
Sleep Powder
SolarBeam
Dream Eater
Growth

Waits till sun, destroys you, and then eats your dream. Tied MVP of my team with the one below.

<Filler> (The last 3 traded roles for the final spot in each match)

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Mach Punch
Superpower
Rock Slide
Sunny Day

Really clutch. Took out many pokes with mach punch. I'm not sure if there was one poke who survived the 1st superpower. Has sun if something terrible happens and the sun was never put up/wore off. Tied MVP with Liligant.

Drugdiggon @ Rocky Helmet
Sucker Punch
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide

This guy was my trick room stopper if it was ever put up. Finished off injured pokes and took out sleeping Hydregons and Haxorus with a smile on its face.

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Calm Mind
Roost
Stored Power
Psycho Shift

My only shiny poke, bred and hatched him myself. Had an open spot on my team and I pretty much said why not. Nature is good, EV's are good, IV's are terrible, but whatever. Didn't see much use, and when he was in, his games always got D/Ced on so I couldn't get a good vid.

I know I played a few of you guys here( Joel and Mattcow I remember), and I had a fairly good time with this tournament despite all the hax and D/Cing.
Here are a few of the vids I managed to get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqvBOjEH1QA&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2l2zUioXAo&feature=relmfu

I think everybody had somewhat of a fun time. Can't wait for the next one if they fix the big problem.

My Purely Theme-Built team made it together to the very end. Having performed over 107 times, the cast finished its final curtain call with a simply remarkable display of grace, ending on a victorious note.
A wonderful showcase of music, mystery, and tragedy, critics gave this dazzling performance a rating of 1747. The troupe was acclaimed for its strong beliefs to finish each battle till the very end, never once disconnecting on even the "known" disconnecters. Inspiring, indeed.

And now, to acknowledge the performers responsible for these nights of entertainment,

2011 Autumn Friendly proudly presents its production of

~The Phantom of the Opera~

Cast and Crew:

Erik, the Phantom --------------------------------- Zoroark ("Eric")
Christine ------------------------------------------ Mienshao ("Christine")
The Angel of Music -------------------------------- Sigilyph ("Angel of M")
The Paris Opera House / the Grand Chandelier --- Chandelure ("Opera")
Nighttime ----------------------------------------- Musharna ("Nighttime")
Darkness ------------------------------------------ Hydreigon ("Darkness")

I used a trick room team with somewhat unusual pokemon. I designed the team in mind to hard-counter Chandelure or Scrafty/Amoogonous/Thundrus/Tornadus/Terrakion/Filler.

The unanticipated results were, people weren't using the mentioned team! So, my team ended to have disadvantage against some of more unconventional threats, especially whimiscott, sunny teams, and TR teams.

Orginally, I thought TR teams wouldn't give me any troubles since I gave all my pokemon 2 SPE iv in order to outspeed opposing teams under normal conditions. However, annoyingly, most of opposing TR teams carried Hydregion- chople berry hydregion being the one of biggest pain in the ass.

I thought that Reuniculus would handle opposing Amoongous well, psyshock koing it. I didn't realize that they would just spore it and render my team completely useless, since Amoongous wall everything else in the team. Also, reunicly was just a dead weight other than killing Amoongous. Yeah, I really wished that I used a Chande instead of fucking reuncily...

My team:

THE MVP!

Jellicent "Man o' War"
Quiet, Sitrus berry, Cursed body (water absorb is useless)
31/0/31/31/31/2
Shadow ball
Trick Room
Protect
Water Spout

Easily the MVP of the team. She just sets up trick room like a boss. LO Hydregion fails to ko it, Thundrus struggles to compete, Scrafty's unboosted crunch doesn't do a shit. After the trick room, BOOM! It's water spouting until she dies. What a BOSS.

Reuniclus "ABORTME"
Quiet, Magic guard, Life Orb
31/0/31/31/31/2
Psyshock
Shadow ball
Trick room
Protect

Stupid piece of shit. Fucking waste of team slot and LO. Gets derped by everything that hits it.

Golurk "IMSOALIEN"
Iron fist, Brave, Fighting gem
31/31/31/31/31/2
Shadow Punch
Rock slide
Protect
Hammer arm

Pretty fun pokemon. People expects earthquake but gets trolled by fighting gem'd hammer arm. Hammer arm KO so many stuff. Ridiculously awesome! Hard counters the Genies and Terrakion. Amazing pokemon. I'd replace it with Terrakion if I had other opportunity though.

Scrafty ":D!!^_^!!!!"
Moxie, Brave, Focus sash
31/31/31/31/31/2
Detect
Crunch
Drain Punch
Fake Out

IMO, Scrafty is easily the best supporter for the team. The synergy of Jellicent and Scrafty are fantastic. They cover pretty much everything in meta of 2011 other than freaking thunbros and Amoongous -___-. Whimiscott trolls this so badly too :(

Amoongous "XD!"
Sassy, Effect spore, Coba berry
31/0/31/31/31/2
Giga Drain
Rage Powder
Protect
Spore

Your standard set, nothing much to say really. This mushroom centralizes the meta so badly. It's impressive how far some people would go to avoid it. Flamethrower on Haxorus lol.

Carrascotta "xd...zzzzzz!!!"
Brave, Water gem, Sturdy
31/31/31/31/31/2
Protect
Rock Slide
Aqua jet
Waterfall

Pretty good, not good as I thought though. Aqua jet doesn't cut it. It still ended up being one of most used pokemon since it's still useful after TR expires. It wrecks thundbros and terrakion apart with no effort with TR up.

Some of notable battles:

54-24022-81809 Freaking amazing battle- 2 spe ivs actually paid off in the end!
59-05657-35048 Battle with Jibaku, first smogoner I faced in the touranment, I had like 1550 ranking at that moment, so I crapped myself a bit. xd
36-03894-61160 I fucking hate Whimiscott.... 20 mins battle..

Overall, I had tons of fun, 97 battles and 1703 ending rating. I peaked at 1760ish, then tumbled downward after battling inexperienced opponents making unexpected moves. I'll love to participate other vgc-11 format tournament, despite of all the disconnections. I really enjoy this meta, eh, it's so centralized but it's fast paced and exciting.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My results: Around 1620 with 20 or so battles. Didn't play at all today, too busy.

Team: Haxorus/Mienshao/Musharna/Landorus/Samurott/Virizion
Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Jolly
Mold Breaker
252 Atk/255 Spe/4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw

Mienshao @ Wide Lens
Naive (usually in Singles mixed)
Inner Focus
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Fake Out
-Wide Guard
-High Jump Kick
-U-Turn

Musharna @ Sitrus Berry
Docile (I couldn't breed fast enough okay? :sadface:)
Telepathy
100 HP/210 Def/100SpA/100SpD (?)
-Helping Hand
-Psychic
-Trick Room
-Imprison

Landorus @ Fighting Gem
Jolly
Sheer Force
252 Atk/252Spe/4 HP
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Samurott @ Choice Scarf
Rash
Torrent
156 Atk/100 SpA/252 Spe
-Megahorn
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Virizion @ Leftovers
Hardy
Justified
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def (also a Singles mon modified for dubz)
-Toxic
-Reflect
-Giga Drain
-Protect

LVP: Virizion. I very rarely used it, and it almost never played a major role.
MVP: Tie between Samurott and Musharna. Sammy because it often helped me win when I was in a hole, and Musharna for being a great supporter and a hard stop to Reuniclus.
Strategy: Fake Out the most threatening Pokemon with Mienshao, DD with Haxorus (who takes Jellicent Blizzards like a champ), sweep. The rest of the party was usually backup.

Since everyone else is posting teams, here's the team I used with varying degrees of success.

Thundurus. @Focus Sash
Timid. Prankster.
4hp, 252spa, 252spe.
Discharge/HP (Ice)/Thunder Wave/Protect.
Main lead #1, spam discharge, T-wave faster stuff before you die, HP ice electric resists.

Landorus. @Life Orb
Naive. Sand Force.
252atk, 4spa, 252spe.
Earthquake/Rock Slide/HP (Ice)/Protect.
Main lead #2, Spam earthquakes and rock slides, protect against faster threats while thundurus paralyzes them, and spam more earthquakes.

Tornadus.
@Flight Gem
Jolly. Prankster.
4hp, 252atk, 252spe.
Acrobatics/Brick Break/Tailwind/Taunt.
Main backup #1, usually KO something with acro and die, sometimes being able to setup tailwind/taunt, BB>hammer arm for added acc and no nasty speed drop.

Chandelure.
@Choice Scarf.
Modest. Flash Fire.
252spa, 4spdef, 252spe.Heat Wave/Shadow Ball/HP (Ice)/Psychic.
Main backup #2, good for taking out 1 thing or 2 weakened/fire weak mons.

Jellicent.
@Water Gem.
Quiet. Water Absorb.
252hp, 252spa, 4spd.
Hydro Pump/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Protect.
Anti TR team member #1, designed to tie/outspeed (underspeed, whatever you call going first in TR) other mons under TR and take them out.

Amoongus.
@Coba Berry.
Quiet. Effect Spore.
252hp, 252spa, 4spd.
Giga Drain/Spore/Clear Smog/Protect.
OFFENSIVE AMOONGUS! Anti TR mon #2, spore TR teams and then actually do some damage with giga drain, clear smog for grass types(lol) and stat-uppers.

Got to about 1750 before I quit (around 50 battles).

Final rating: 2020
Final Win/Loss: 103-7
Disconnects: 20+
Number of times I disconnected: ~5

Team: Tornadus, Terrakion, Thundurus, Amoonguss, Jellicent, Chandelure.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So I actually thought about posting this as a warstory, but lol, no.

Mienshao (620)
"Purry"

Inner Focus
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Fake Out, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide, Feint

Tornadus (641)
"Genie"

Prankster
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Tailwind, Acrobatics, Taunt, Protect

Terrakion (639)
"Goht"

Justified
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Rock Slide, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Earthquake

Chandelure (609)
"Jalhalla"

Flame Body
Modest
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Overheat, Shadow Ball, Trick Room, Imprison

Thundurus (642)
"Zephos"

Prankster
Timid
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Thunderbolt, Hidden Power (Ice 70), Psychic, Grass Knot

Conkeldurr (534)
"Hinox"

Guts
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Superpower, Rock Slide, Mach Punch, Protect

Interesting events that happened in 1893
  • Thomas Edison finished building the first movie studio.
  • Rudolph Diesel (great great great great great grandnothing of Vin Diesel) gets his pattent for the Diesel engine.
  • Grover Cleveland becomes president.
  • The first recorded college basketball game occurs in Beaver Falls.
  • A crash on the New York Stock Exchange starts a depression.
  • The United States Supreme Court legally declares the tomato to be a vegetable.
  • Brothers Charles and Frank Duryea drive the first gasoline-powered motorcar in America on public roads in Springfield, Massachusetts.
  • Colorado women are granted the right to vote.
  • Outrageous mustaches and bowler hats were all the rage.

pretty much how it went 99% of the time

For starters, even considering all the cheaters, and how poorly the tournament was regulated, (no offense TPCi) I had a lot of fun. :) It was a bit of... vindication I guess you could say. I wasn't able to play in '11, so I was delighted at any chance to see how I might have fared in the VGC '11 environment. Turns out I would have done just fine. :)

I played somewhere around 150 battles. My opponents saw 109 of them through to completion. I was 100% legit from beginning to end, never DCing once, even in the face of rediculous hax, and I want to thank all the pro-players here who did the same (lookin at you Cybertron thanks buddy). I ended up with a rating of 1893. As with everyone else, I would have been much higher, sans the durtydcers, but that's just the environment. Oh well. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to have invested in this tourney (pre-birthday weekend, got a 3DS, lots of church stuff going on), but I did get to put some effort into it, and it turned out well.

Obviously, I won't be at the top of the charts, but I accomplished exactly what I had hoped to accomplish. I finally got to use this team that I've grown to love in a VGC '11 style environment, played some magnificent battles against some great players, and it performed flawlessly, losing only rarely to the most extraordinary hax and luckiest of predictions. For the amount of effort that I put into it, and considering the filthy DC'ers, I think this team did perfect. It wasn't walled by anything (never has been), and I ended up using literally every single pokemon and every single move in one situation or another.

Some memorable battles would be...

All the great battles where people who had a higher rank than me didn't DC. Thanks guys.

Soooooo many TR teams that forfeited T2 after I Taunted their Amoongus and Imprisoned their TR mon. Seriously guys. If you see Tornadus / Chandelure, don't even try to TR. Or spore.

Bright Powder Elektross boy. I was in the mid 1800s. He was 1600 exactly. Easily took out 3 of his teammates. 2 Bright powder misses (both would have easyily KO'd it.) He gets the 10% TBolt Paralysis, followed immediately by a paralysis flinch that turn. BG buddy. VBG. I let him have it though.

"Your foe's Gigalith's Custap berry lets it go first! Your Conkeldurr used Mach Punch! It's Super Effective! Your Foe's Gigalith fainted!" lol

Some poor lass from England with a 1100ish rating. I took out 3 of her mons, then KO'd 3 of my own so we could have a nice 1 on 1. She didn't DC. Props to her. It was fun. :3

And then, my very last battle (before I got the "Are you seriously still playing? The tourney's over." message) I faced some durty nobsack with a 2000+ rating. The whole time my heart is pumping because I knew that this could get me over the 1900 mark! I beat him handily. But then of course:

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"Your foe's Gigalith's Custap berry lets it go first! Your Conkeldurr used Mach Punch! It's Super Effective! Your Foe's Gigalith fainted!" lol
So you fought a person who smuggled in illegal produce from who knows where, and punished him for it?

I wish I had more free time, only had about 35 battles, half of which ended with disconnect. It was kinda fun, but I won't participate in any tourney again unless TPCi finds a way to get rid of disconnects.

My team turned out to be pretty good, I had almost no troubles dealing with anything, Amoonguss is the only thing it struggled with (by Amoonguss I mean pretty generic Rage Powder + Trick Room + Spore Everything Because No Sleep Clause teams...).

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Timid, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Discharge / HP Ice / Thunder Wawe / Taunt

Landorus @ Expert Belt
Naive, 252Atk, 252Speed, 4 SpAtk
Earthquake / Rock Slide / Hammer Arm / Psychic

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Bold, 252HP, eh... some Def and SDef EVs
Roost / Tailwind / Protect / Dark Pulse

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Adamant, 252Atk, 252Speed, 4HP
Flare Blitz / Rock Slide / Earthquake / Brick Break

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Rock Slide / Earthquake / Close Combat / X-Scissor

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Dragon Dance / Outrage / Rock Slide / Earthquake

Basic strategy is to wreak shit with Discharge/Earthquake combo while genies alive, then setup TW and kill everything else with most suitable sweeper.

Rating: 1975
Wins:
Losses: 8
Disconnections: seriously probably 100+, i didn't bother counting

I don't think that I did too badly, considering that I started 2 days late. I peaked at 1999, but after like 3 dc's in a row then a loss bringing me down to 1975, I decided I had had enough.

I used the same team as I did for Worlds, mainly because I didn't bother taking the team out of the Battle Box

Scrafty @ Chople Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Detect

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Psychic

Amoonguss @ Coba Berry
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 172 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 156 SDef / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Samurott @ Wacan Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Thundurus @ Charti Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Safeguard
- Protect

Fighting back from 4-3 down because of a crit t1 about 20 times, just to get dc'd against took the piss a lot, but there were some good battles as well. My highlight of the tournament was paralyzing my own Scrafty against a Trick Room team after an unfavourable lead matchup (Thundurus + Scrafty against Amoonguss + Reuniclus iirc) so it would avoid a Spore and outspeed the opposition. It went on to get +4 attack from Moxie through my 4-0 win, but unfortunately I didn't save the battle because I already had a battle against Cybertron saved which was much better and very close. At times I must admit it was very tempting to dc, but I didn't do it once. If only everyone else did the same.
oh well. I can't exactly say I had fun in the tournament, but it did a good job of reminding me why I hated vgc 2011 :)

Okay since I didnt get off work on time, FINAL RESULTS

Rating: 1859
Total Battles (not counting D/C's): 95
Wins: 78
Losses: 17

(Tf2 "Meet the Team" song plays)

MEET THE POKEMON

Whimsicott "Mr. Jones" (lv. 1)
Nature: Sassy
0 EV's across the board
0 Speed IV's
Ability: Prankster
Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Trick room, Endeavor, Encore, Protect

Scrafty "Rowsdower" (shiny)
Nature: Brave
Ability: Moxie
EV: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Def
IV: 0 Speed
Item: Chople Berry
Moves: Fake Out, Drain Punch, Rock Slide, Crunch

Reuniclus "Torgo"
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Magic Guard
EV: 252 HP, 252 Special, 4 Defense
IV: 0 Speed
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Protect, Trick Room

Druddigon "Hoss"
Nature: Brave
Ability: Sheer Force
EV: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
IV: Take a wild guess
Item: Expert Belt (forgot why I put that on lol)
Moves: Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Crunch, Protect

I also had an Eelektross ("Hitcher") and Chandelure ("Moonie"), but I never used them.

If I pissed you off when the Whimsicott+Scrafty duo mowed down your team, I am sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)