Doubles Indeedee-F

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Indeedee-F @ Eject Button
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Expanding Force
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Indeedee-F's nifty support movepool and access to Psychic Surge allow it to cut itself a niche on teams with Psychic Terrain that utilize Trick Room. Follow Me allows Trick Room to be set up without issue by its teammates, enabling partners such as Diancie, Volcanion, and Necrozma to fire off powerful Helping Hand-boosted attacks. This trait in particular is what makes Indeedee-F a much better enabler for its partners compared to Tapu Lele, although it has much less self-sufficiency. Furthermore, Follow Me also allows Indeedee-F to take attacks directed at its teammates, sacrificing itself in order to keep its teammates alive to continue hammering the opposing team. Eject Button in particular is key in allowing Indeedee-F to perform its role well, as it lets it maintain momentum and bring in teammates such as Torkoal and Necrozma safely by taking a hit and pivoting out, which is important on a playstyle so geared towards preserving offensive pressure.

Last edited:

zoe

Beyond the Sky
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
make it the right indeedee smh

• It needs to be Indeedee-F throughout the entire thing.
  • I've told you this so i'll cut to the chase. I hate the opener. Subjective yes, but I would greatly appreciate it if you would change it so it doesn't bring me physical pain. (technically its up to you)
  • I wouldn't say Indeedee possesses much offensive pressure at all. Against neutral targets especially. I would just cut that section.
  • Indeedee being outclassed by Lele isn't something you'd want to mention in a spotlight, especially when they fit on different styles (Indeedee is better on Trick Room, Lele on Tailwind). Cut.
  • Now that you have all that extra room, I want you to hammer in why Indeedee is such an effective redirectior on psyspam teams. As of right now this doesn't explain much at all, it just lists good qualities. You need to tie those same qualities in with its niche. For example, it allowing the ever-important speed control to be set up easier, which is massive on a team that operates at such a breakneck pace. It keeping momentum with button, etc. Basically you want to say why its positive attributes are good on the styles of Psyspam that run it
Implement and tag when done

zoe

Beyond the Sky
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
check
  • I think you left out an "allows" in the second line.
  • I wouldn't really mention specific moves for the redirection line, as its just a in-general kinda thing.
Honestly its good otherwise, you summed up Indeedee-F's niche which is what I really wanted. Only thing I would really add is a mention of its bulk, but this it almost over the word limit anyways so don't worry about it.

QC 1/1
dnagerbdager.gif

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
please acknolwedge that Psychic Terrain is what lets your TR team with Psyspam not get Faked Out turn 1, which would otherwise kill a lot of the archetype's initial action oh I'm just completely illiterate apparently LOL

rewrite the comparison vs Lele as Tapu Lele in full TR with nearly the same niche is not unheard of and it's not as if Lele can't do what you just described lol, reangle it as Indeedee being a much better enabler vs Lele self-sufficiency

mention the specific things that u can send in with eject button that actually appreciate the free switch, like Torkoal and the gang

qc 2/1

Last edited:

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma (AH) = Add Hyphen

GP 1/1

Bennett_Stamp.gif

Indeedee-F @ Eject Button
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Expanding Force
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Indeedee-F's nifty support movepool and access to Psychic Surge allows allow it to cut itself a niche in the tier on PsySpam teams with Psychic Terrain that utilise utilize Trick Room. Follow Me allows Trick Room to be set up without issue by its teammates, enabling partners such as Diancie, Volcanion, (AC) and Necrozma to fire off powerful Helping Hand-(AH)boosted attacks. This trait in particular is what makes it Indeedee-F a much better enabler for its partners compared to Tapu Lele, although it has much less self-sufficiency. Furthermore, Follow Me also allows Indeedee-F to take attacks directed at its teammates, sacrificing itself in order to keep its teammates alive to continue hammering the opposing team. Eject Button in particular is key in allowing Indeedee-F to perform its role well, as it lets it mantain maintain momentum and bring in teammates such as Torkoal and Necrozma safely, (RC) by taking a hit and pivoting out, which is important on a playstyle so geared towards preserving offensive pressure.

• Love
Reactions: zoe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)