move 3: Helping Hand / Fake Out / Imprison
move 4: Protect / Fake Out / Imprison
item: Iron Ball / Tanga Berry / Colbur Berry
ability: Psychic Surge
nature: Sassy
evs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Indeedee’s access to Psychic Surge as well as Follow Me make it a premier redirection user in 2v2 Doubles. Psychic Surge allows it to block priority moves such as the ever present Fake Out, giving its teammates a free turn 1. Follow Me lets Indeedee block attacks from hitting its teammates, an essential strategy in 2v2 Doubles to keep its hard hitting partner alive for multiple turns, for example stopping Naganadel’s Draco Meteor from hitting its partner Zygarde, giving it a turn to attack back. Expanding Force is a way for Indeedee to damage opponents in cases where extra chip damage might be useful in finishing off opponents, and is even strong enough to OHKO Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Helping Hand is used when Indeedee’s partner needs an increase in power to secure the kill of an opposing Pokemon, for example helping Choice Scarf Zygarde secure the KO on opposing Cinderace with Thousand Arrows. Protect is useful on Indeedee because the opponent will sometimes focus on Indeedee to eliminate the possibility of redirection, so Protect grants it extra survivability. It can also be useful to protect against a slower Rillaboom’s Fake Out in Grassy Terrain. Fake Out can be used instead of Protect as a way to prevent Flying-types from using their first move, which is useful against top tier threats like Tornadus’s Tailwind or Togekiss’s Follow Me, and also is useful for when the opponent prevents Indeedee’s terrain with Pokémon like Iron Ball Rillaboom. Iron Ball can be used to make Indeedee as slow as possible, giving it the best chance that its terrain will go up after Rillaboom, as it loses power and Grassy Glide priority when Grassy Terrain is not active. Imprison can be used to prevent opposing Indeedee and Togekiss from using Follow Me. Tanga and Colbur berries can be used to survive hits from threats such as Genesect and Incineroar respectively, which allows it to provide another turn of redirection, giving its partner two free turns ideally. Indeedee’s EVs are designed to allow it to live a hit from a standard Helping Hand Nihilego’s Meteor Beam, with the rest in Defense.

Indeedee’s most common archetype is on hyper offensive teams with strong attackers that can overpower both opponent Pokemon. Indeedee is often paired with Pokémon that can benefit from and use Expanding Force in its terrain, such as Victini to help handle Steel-types such as Genesect and Metagross, Metagross which can take advantage of spread moves such as Heat Wave and Earthquake that are commonly used against Indeedee with Weakness Policy. Other teammate options are Pokemon that benefit heavily from a free turn, such as Zygarde, which can set up with an uninterrupted Dragon Dance take care of Indeedee checks Tyranitar and Incineroar, or Nihilego, which appreciates the redirection to usually kill one opponent with Meteor Beam. Indeedee’s teammates often bring coverage for Dark types that would be immune to Expanding Force, such as Incineroar and Tyranitar, or Steel-types that Indeedee cannot touch such as Heatran and Celesteela. Common Pokémon that fill these roles are Urshifu Rapid Strike, Pheromosa, and Cinderace.

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Expanding Force
move 2: Mystical Fire
move 3: Dazzling Gleam
move 4: Trick / Follow Me
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Choice Scarf is a viable option to run on Indeedee as a bluff to beat opponents expecting the support set. Expanding Force is Indeedee’s main weapon as it does heavy damage to anything except Dark-types. Mystical Fire is a way to hit steel types such as Genesect and Metagross. Dazzling Gleam is used to hit Dark-types that are commonly picked into Indeedee. Trick can be used to cripple passive opposing Pokémon such as Cresselia or Gastrodon. Follow Me is a viable alternative as locking itself into Follow Me is not bad because Indeedee is still protecting its teammate. 252 Spe and a Timid nature critically allow Indeedee to outspeed Pheromosa, and 252 SpA is used to maximize offensive potential.

Many of the teammates for both sets will be similar, which helps with the bluffing potential of Choice Scarf. Indeedee still benefits from fast teammates such as Cinderace, Urshifu, Pheromosa to bring powerful Fighting-type coverage for Steel-types and Dark-types that will be able to survive Indeedee’s attacks. If Indeedee is not running Follow Me, it will usually need bulkier teammates that can survive without redirection such as Life Orb Zygarde for Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Steel-types, or bulky Weakness Policy Victini to take advantage of Pokemon like Zygarde using Thousand Arrows to bypass Follow Me. Other bulky Fire-types such as Heatran and Volcanion can also accomplish this goal. Diancie is also a good option, as it beats Incineroar and Moltres-Galar which usually wall Indeedee, as well as providing support through Helping Hand.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Bulky Indeedee can sometimes use a Sitrus berry if it isn’t expecting to run into Dark or Bug-type moves to give it more survivability, but these types of moves are very common so it generally better to run a weakness berry. Choice Scarf Indeedee can sometimes run Energy Ball to deal with Tapu Fini and Gastrodon if it is being used with Pokemon that also struggle with those matchups, like Victini or Zygarde, but has no use outside of these matchups so it is not useful in most scenarios.

Checks and Counters
===================

Dark-Types: Dark-types are immune to Expanding Force, which a lot of Indeedee’s partners try to use, so Pokemon such as Incineroar or Tyranitar can often invalidate some Indeedee strategies.

Steel-Types: Indeedee struggles to deal damage to bulky Steel-types such as Metagross, Heatran, and Celesteela. Mystical Fire can be an option to surprise Steel-types, but doesn’t do significant damage to them.

Rillaboom: Rillaboom often needs its Grassy Terrain to be effective, so it will go to great lengths to be slower than Indeedee. Since Rillaboom is the same base speed as Indeedee, it will run minimum speed as well as setting itself to level 99 or 98 to always underspeed Indeedee and make Grassy Terrain go up instead of Psychic Terrain.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[IBM, 484118]]
- Quality checked by: [[Reece, 540482], [Morgan, 457210]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
Hey, just an am check to get this whole business going. A good start!
Comment (AH) = Add hyphen
Remove
Add
Highlighting Text
[SET]
name: Bulky support
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Expanding Force
move 3: Helping Hand
move 4: Protect / Fake Out
item: Tanga Berry / Iron Ball / Colbur Berry

[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
Indeedee’s access to the ability Psychic Surge as well as Follow Me make it a premier redirection user in 2v2 Doubles. Psychic Surge allows it to block priority moves such as the ever present Fake Out, giving its teammates a free turn 1. Iron Ball can be used to make Indeedee as slow as possible, giving it the best chance that its terrain will go up after other terrain users. Follow Me lets Indeedee block attacks from hitting its teammates (brief example?) , an essential strategy in 2v2 Doubles to keep its hard hitting partner alive for multiple turns, and

Tanga and Colbur berries can be used to survive hits from threats such as Genesect and Incineroar respectively. extend this sentence to say how you gain extra value and longevity from having a specific berry which helps aforementioned hard hitters

Expanding Force is a way for Indeedee to damage opponents if it needs to, even managing to one hit KO OHKO Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. I'd reword this since it is sorta misleading saying that indeedee never wants to click it, also mention its good residual chip damage and can finish off opponents

Helping Hand is used when Indeedee’s partner needs an increase in power to secure the kill of an opposing Pokémon Pokemon. (no accent) if you can find an example do use it, such as HH thousand arrows scarf zygarde on cinderace or naganadel

Protect is useful on Indeedee because sometimes opposing Pokémon will try to focus on Indeedee because they see attacking the partner as a waste of a move because Indeedee will just use follow me.

Protect allows the user to predict such an effort and block these attacks, increasing Indeedee’s survivability.

Merge this into one sentence, by saying something along the lines of "Protect is useful as the opposition can sometimes focus Indeede-F to eliminate its troublesome redirection, meaning Protect grants it additionally survivability."

Fake Out (capatalize) can be used instead of Follow Me (capatalize) as a way to prevent flying types Flying-types from using their first move, which is useful against top tier threats like Tornadus’s Tailwind (capitalize) or Togekiss’s Follow Me, and also is useful for when the opponent prevents Indeedee’s terrain with Pokemon like Iron Ball Rillaboom. Indeedee’s EVs are designed to allow it to live a hit from a standard Helping Hand (capitalize) Nihilego’s Meteor Beam, with the rest in Defense. Good stuff

Paragraph 2:
before you begin this para explain the archtype that indeedee fits on, then you can go into detail about Expanding Force Teammates
Indeedee is often paired with Pokemon that can benefit from and use Expanding Force in its terrain, such as Victini, Metagross, and Mew What do these examples do in order to aid Indeede? (mention things like victini eliminated genesect etc)

Make this its own section to bulk out the paragraph

Pokémon that benefit heavily from a free turn, such as Zygarde or Nihilego. mention they are able to not be interupted and what they do to support Indeede such as eliminate incinaroar etc

Indeedee’s teammates often bring coverage for Dark types that would be immune to Expanding Force, such as Incineroar and Tyranitar, or Steel- types (AH) that Indeedee cannot touch such as Heatran and Celesteela. Common Pokemon that fill these roles are Urshifu Rapid Strike, Pheromosa, and Cinderace. Good examples

nature: Jolly Timid

Choice Scarf is a viable option to run on Indeedee as a bluff to beat opponents expecting the support set. Expanding Force is Indeedee’s main weapon as it does heavy damage to anything except Dark-types (Formatting). Mystical Fire is a way to hit steel types such as Genesect and Metagross. Dazzling Gleam is used to hit Dark-types (formatting) that are commonly picked into Indeedee. Trick can be used to cripple passive opposing Pokémon Examples?. Follow Me is a viable alternative as locking itself into Follow Me is not bad because Indeedee is still protecting its teammate. Indeedee's EVs and nature maximize offensive potential against opposing Pokemon.

You need a paragraph 2 here, even tho it is the same Pokemon and you may be repeating yourself, it has a different set which could lead to different teammates etc.
-Begin with saying how Choice Scarf requires a fast paced option then say if using Follow Me, bulkier teammates can be employed

-Mention how you need a Ground/Fire Type to consistently deal with Steels and how indeede can help them
-Mention Fighting-type teammates are superior as they deal with both Dark- and Steel-types that thwart Indeede

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Indeedee can sometimes run Imprison to stop opposing Follow Me users from using the move, however Indeedee is going to be slower most of the time, the Imprison goes after Follow Me during the turn, and Imprison is one turn of set up spent not supporting its teammate, so usually it isn’t worth it. Maybe mention that Choice Scarf can run Energy Ball to help teammates like Victini and Zygarde with Gastrodon and Fini Match up, but is not as useful as its specially for them and has no use outside of this.

Checks and Counters
===================

Dark Types: Dark types are immune to Expanding Force, which a lot of Indeedee’s partners try to use, so Pokemon such as Incineroar or Tyranitar can often invalidate some Indeedee strategies.

Rillaboom: Psychic Terrain is so important to Indeedee, that often Rillaboom, which is the same speed as Indeedee, will run minimum speed as well as setting themself to level 99 or 98 to underspeed Indeedee and make Grassy Terrain go up instead of Psychic Terrain.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
Just wanna note that when you're writing, phrases that use Pokemons typings such as "Dark-type" need a capital letter for type and then a hyphen between them. Same with moves, they need capitalising

add
remove
comment
highlighting

[SET]
move 3: Helping Hand
move 4: Protect / Fake Out
item: Tanga Berry / Iron Ball / Colbur Berry

[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
Indeedee’s access to the ability Psychic Surge as well as Follow Me make it a premier redirection user in 2v2 Doubles. Psychic Surge allows it to block priority moves such as the ever present Fake Out, giving its teammates a free turn 1. Iron Ball can be used to make Indeedee as slow as possible, giving it the best chance that its terrain will go up after other terrain users. Follow Me lets Indeedee block attacks from hitting its teammates, an essential strategy in 2v2 Doubles to keep its hard hitting partner alive for multiple turns, for example stopping a Naganadel’s Draco Meteor from hitting its partner Zygarde, giving Zygarde it a turn to attack back. Tanga and Colbur berries can be used to survive hits from threats such as Genesect and Incineroar respectively, which allows it to provide another turn of redirection, giving its partner two free turns ideally. Expanding Force is a way for Indeedee to damage opponents in cases where extra chip damage might be useful in finishing off opponents, and is even strong enough to OHKO Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Helping Hand is used when Indeedee’s partner needs an increase in power to secure the kill of an opposing Pokemon, for example helping Choice Scarf Zygarde secure the KO on opposing Cinderace. Protect is useful on Indeedee because the opponent will sometimes focus on Indeedee to eliminate the possibility of redirection, so Protect grants it extra survivability. Fake Out can be used instead of Protect as a way to prevent Flying-types from using their first move, which is useful against top tier threats like Tornadus’s Tailwind or Togekiss’s Follow Me, and also is useful for when the opponent prevents Indeedee’s terrain with Pokemon like Iron Ball Rillaboom. Iron Ball can be used to make Indeedee as slow as possible, giving it the best chance that its terrain will go up after other terrain users. Tanga and Colbur berries can be used to survive hits from threats such as Genesect and Incineroar respectively, which allows it to provide another turn of redirection, giving its partner two free turns ideally. Indeedee’s EVs are designed to allow it to live a hit from a standard Helping Hand Nihilego’s Meteor Beam, with the rest in Defense.

make sure you put the slashes in order of importance in an analysis

Paragraph 2:
Indeedee’s most common archetype is on hyper offensive teams with strong attackers that can overpower both opponent Pokemon. Indeedee is often paired with Pokemon that can benefit from and use Expanding Force in its terrain, such as Victini to help handle Steel-types such as Genesect and Metagross, Metagross which can take advantage of spread moves such as Heat Wave and Earthquake that are commonly used against Indeedee with Weakness Policy, and Mew which can choose to either directly attack with Expanding Force or take a free turn to set Imprison, then Transform into an opponent. im not sure if im a fan of this since other Psychic types can instead deal with dark types unlike this Mew set supposed. If you detest this lmk Other teammate options are Pokemon that benefit heavily from a free turn, such as Zygarde, which can set up with an uninterrupted Dragon Dance take care of Indeedee checks Tyranitar and Incineroar, or Nihilego, which appreciates the redirection to usually kill one opponent with Meteor Beam, then outspeed and KO the other Pokemon at +2 SpA due to Beast Boost. Indeedee’s teammates often bring coverage for Dark types that would be immune to Expanding Force, such as Incineroar and Tyranitar, or Steel-types that Indeedee cannot touch such as Heatran and Celesteela. Common Pokemon that fill these roles are Urshifu Rapid Strike, Pheromosa, and Cinderace.

Choice Scarf is a viable option to run on Indeedee as a bluff to beat opponents expecting the support set. Expanding Force is Indeedee’s main weapon as it does heavy damage to anything except Dark-types. Mystical Fire is a way to hit steel types such as Genesect and Metagross. Dazzling Gleam is used to hit Dark-types that are commonly picked into Indeedee. Trick can be used to cripple passive opposing Pokémon such as Cresselia or Gastrodon. Follow Me is a viable alternative as locking itself into Follow Me is not bad because Indeedee is still protecting its teammate. 252 Spe and a Timid nature critically allow Indeedee to outspeed Pheromosa, and 252 SpA is used to maximize offensive potential.

Many of the teammates for both sets will be similar, which helps with the bluffing potential of Choice Scarf. Indeedee still benefits from fast teammates such as Cinderace, Urshifu, Pheromosa to bring powerful Fighting-type coverage for Steel-types and Dark-types that will be able to survive Indeedee’s attacks. If Indeedee is not running Follow Me, it will usually need bulkier teammates that can survive without redirection such as Life Orb Zygarde for Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Steel-types, or bulky Weakness Policy Victini to take advantage of opponents expecting a bulkier Indeedee and frailer Victini in matchups against Pokemon such as opposing Zygarde. this is oddly worded, rephrase to make it more simplistic.
Mention bulkier Fire-types such as Volcanion or Heatran
Mention Diancie to stave off Incinaroar and Moltres Galar and give Helping Hand support

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Indeedee can sometimes run Imprison to stop opposing Follow Me users from using the move; however, Indeedee is going to be slower most of the time meaning it is less efficient in both practicality and supporting teammates. , the Imprison goes after Follow Me during the turn, and Imprison is one turn of set up spent not supporting its teammate, so usually it isn’t worth it. Choice Scarf Indeedee can sometimes run Energy Ball to deal with Tapu Fini and Gastrodon if it is being used with Pokemon that also struggle with those matchups, like Victini or Zygarde, but has no use outside of these matchups so it is not useful in most scenarios.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dark-types**: Dark types are immune to Expanding Force, which a lot of Indeedee’s partners try to use, so Pokemon such as Incineroar or Tyranitar can often invalidate some Indeedee strategies.

**Steel-types**: Comment about how indeedee usually does no damage to Metagross, Heatran, or Celesteela then mention how it doesn't always mean this due to Mystical Fire sets surprising things but is kinda weak

**Rillaboom**: Psychic Terrain is so important to Indeedee, that often Rillaboom, which is the same speed as Indeedee, will run minimum speed as well as setting themself to level 99 or 98 to underspeed Indeedee and make Grassy Terrain go up instead of Psychic Terrain.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Lkjc, 484118]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

Content is covered well, just need to patch up some things about Grammar standards, i did the more obvious ones.
QC 1/2

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
delete
add
comment
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Indeedee’s access to Psychic Surge as well as Follow Me make it a premier redirection user in 2v2 Doubles. Psychic Surge allows it to block priority moves such as the ever present Fake Out, giving its teammates a free turn 1. Follow Me lets Indeedee block attacks from hitting its teammates, an essential strategy in 2v2 Doubles to keep its hard hitting partner alive for multiple turns, for example stopping Naganadel’s Draco Meteor from hitting its partner Zygarde, giving it a turn to attack back. Expanding Force is a way for Indeedee to damage opponents in cases where extra chip damage might be useful in finishing off opponents, and is even strong enough to OHKO Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Helping Hand is used when Indeedee’s partner needs an increase in power to secure the kill of an opposing Pokemon, for example helping Choice Scarf Zygarde secure the KO on opposing Cinderace with Thousand Arrows hhp kills . Protect is useful on Indeedee because the opponent will sometimes focus on Indeedee to eliminate the possibility of redirection, so Protect grants it extra survivability Mention that protect is nice against slower Rillaboom. Fake Out can be used instead of Protect as a way to prevent Flying-types from using their first move, which is useful against top tier threats like Tornadus’s Tailwind or Togekiss’s Follow Me, and also is useful for when the opponent prevents Indeedee’s terrain with Pokémon like Iron Ball Rillaboom. Iron Ball can be used to make Indeedee as slow as possible, giving it the best chance that its terrain will go up after other terrain users Rillaboom, as it loses power and Grassy Glide priority when Grassy Terrain is not active. Tanga and Colbur berries can be used to survive hits from threats such as Genesect and Incineroar respectively, which allows it to provide another turn of redirection, giving its partner two free turns ideally. Indeedee’s EVs are designed to allow it to live a hit from a standard Helping Hand Nihilego’s Meteor Beam, with the rest in Defense. Mention Imprison

Indeedee’s most common archetype is on hyper offensive teams with strong attackers that can overpower both opponent Pokemon. Indeedee is often paired with Pokémon that can benefit from and use Expanding Force in its terrain, such as Victini to help handle Steel-types such as Genesect and Metagross, Metagross which can take advantage of spread moves such as Heat Wave and Earthquake that are commonly used against Indeedee with Weakness Policy. Other teammate options are Pokemon that benefit heavily from a free turn, such as Zygarde, which can set up with an uninterrupted Dragon Dance take care of Indeedee checks Tyranitar and Incineroar, or Nihilego, which appreciates the redirection to usually kill one opponent with Meteor Beam. Indeedee’s teammates often bring coverage for Dark types that would be immune to Expanding Force, such as Incineroar and Tyranitar, or Steel-types that Indeedee cannot touch such as Heatran and Celesteela. Common Pokémon that fill these roles are Urshifu Rapid Strike, Pheromosa, and Cinderace.

Many of the teammates for both sets will be similar, which helps with the bluffing potential of Choice Scarf. Indeedee still benefits from fast teammates such as Cinderace, Urshifu, Pheromosa to bring powerful Fighting-type coverage for Steel-types and Dark-types that will be able to survive Indeedee’s attacks. If Indeedee is not running Follow Me, it will usually need bulkier teammates that can survive without redirection such as Life Orb Zygarde for Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Steel-types, or bulky Weakness Policy Victini to take advantage of Pokemon like Zygarde using Thousand Arrows to bypass Follow Me. Other bulky Fire-types such as Heatran and Volcanion can also accomplish this goal. Diancie is also a good option, as it beats Incineroar and Moltres-Galar which usually wall Indeedee, as well as providing support through Helping Hand.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Indeedee can sometimes run Imprison to stop opposing Follow Me users from using the move, however Indeedee is going to be slower most of the time, meaning it is less efficient in both practicality and supporting teammates. Put imprison in set comments Choice Scarf Indeedee can sometimes run Energy Ball to deal with Tapu Fini and Gastrodon if it is being used with Pokemon that also struggle with those matchups, like Victini or Zygarde, but has no use outside of these matchups so it is not useful in most scenarios. Mention Sitrus probably

Checks and Counters
===================

Dark-Types: Dark-types are immune to Expanding Force, which a lot of Indeedee’s partners try to use, so Pokemon such as Incineroar or Tyranitar can often invalidate some Indeedee strategies.

Steel-Types: Indeedee struggles to deal damage to bulky Steel-types such as Metagross, Heatran, and Celesteela. Mystical Fire can be an option to surprise Steel-types, but doesn’t do significant damage to them.

Rillaboom: Psychic Terrain is so important to Indeedee, that often Rillaboom, which is the same speed as Indeedee, will run minimum speed as well as setting themself to level 99 or 98 to underspeed Indeedee and make Grassy Terrain go up instead of Psychic Terrain. Grassy Terrain is more important to Rillaboom than Psychic Terrain is to Indeedee. This should be reflected in this section.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Lkjc, 484118]]
- Quality checked by: [[Reece, 540482], [Morgan,457210 ]]

overall good, QC 2/2 when implemented

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Indeedee’s access to Psychic Surge as well as Follow Me make and Follow Me makes it a premier redirection user in 2v2 Doubles. Psychic Surge allows it to block priority moves such as the ever present ever-present Fake Out, giving its teammates a free turn 1. Follow Me lets Indeedee block attacks from hitting its teammates redirect attacks to itself, an essential strategy in 2v2 Doubles, (comma) to keep its hard hitting hard-hitting partner alive for multiple turns, for example stopping turns; for example, it can stop Naganadel’s Draco Meteor from hitting its partner Zygarde, giving it a turn to attack back Zygarde and give Zygarde the opportunity to KO back. Expanding Force is a way for Indeedee to damage opponents in Indeedee's best attacking move for cases where extra chip damage might be useful in finishing off opponents, and is even strong enough to opponent and can OHKO Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Urshifu-R. Helping Hand is used when Indeedee’s partner needs an increase in power to secure the kill of a KO on an opposing Pokemon, for example helping Pokemon; for example, it allows Choice Scarf Zygarde to secure the KO on opposing Cinderace with Thousand Arrows. Protect is useful on Indeedee because the opponent will sometimes focus on Indeedee to eliminate the possibility of redirection, so Protect grants it extra survivability. It can also be useful to protect against block a slower Rillaboom’s Fake Out in Grassy Terrain. Fake Out can be used instead of Protect as a way to prevent Flying-types from using their first move, which is useful against top tier threats like Tornadus’s Tailwind or Togekiss’s Follow Me, and also is useful for when the opponent prevents Indeedee’s terrain Terrain with Pokémon Pokemon like Iron Ball Rillaboom. Iron Ball can be used to make Indeedee as slow as possible, giving it the best chance that its terrain Terrain will go up after Rillaboom, as it Rillaboom loses power and Grassy Glide priority when Grassy Terrain is not active. Imprison can be used to prevent opposing Indeedee and Togekiss from using Follow Me. Tanga and Colbur berries Berries can be used to survive hits from threats such as Genesect and Incineroar, (comma) respectively, which allows it to provide another turn of redirection, giving its partner two free turns ideally. Indeedee’s EVs are designed to allow it to live a hit from a standard Helping Hand Nihilego’s Meteor Beam, with the rest in Defense.

Indeedee’s most common archetype is Indeedee is most commonly found on hyper offensive teams with strong attackers that can overpower both opponent opposing Pokemon. Indeedee is often paired with Pokémon Pokemon that can benefit from and use Expanding Force in its terrain Terrain, such as Victini to help handle which handles Steel-types such as Genesect and Metagross is there another example you could use? swtiching between opposing and allied metagross in three words is a little confusing, (comma) or Metagross which can can use Weakness policy to take advantage of spread moves such as Heat Wave and Earthquake that are commonly used against Indeedee with Weakness Policy. Other teammate options are Pokemon that benefit heavily from a free turn, such as Zygarde, which can set up with an uninterrupted Dragon Dance and take care of Indeedee checks Tyranitar and Incineroar, or Nihilego, which appreciates the redirection to usually kill KO one opponent with Meteor Beam. Indeedee’s teammates often bring coverage for Dark types Dark-types that would be are immune to Expanding Force, such as Incineroar and Tyranitar, or Steel-types that Indeedee cannot touch beat such as Heatran and Celesteela. Common Pokémon Pokemon that fill these roles are Urshifu Rapid Strike Urshifu-R, Pheromosa, and Cinderace.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Scarf is a viable option to run on Indeedee as a bluff to beat opponents expecting the support set. Expanding Force is Indeedee’s main weapon attack as it does heavy damage to anything except Dark-types. Mystical Fire is a way to hit steel types provides coverage against Steel-types such as Genesect and Metagross. Dazzling Gleam is used to hit hits Dark-types that are commonly picked into to counter Indeedee. Trick can be used to cripple passive cripples passive opposing Pokémon Pokemon such as Cresselia or Gastrodon. Follow Me is a viable alternative as locking itself into Follow Me is not bad because Indeedee is still protecting allows Indeedee to still protect its teammate. 252 Spe Speed EVs and a Timid nature critically allow allows Indeedee to outspeed Pheromosa. , and 252 SpA is used to maximize offensive potential. you generally only need to explain max EVs if they do something significant, like outspeed mosa in this case

Many of the teammates for both sets will be similar, which helps with the bluffing potential of Choice Scarf Choice Scarf Indeedee works best on hyper offense teams where the opponent will be expecting redirection
. you are not supposed to reference other sets in your descriptions, which is hard here since this is bluffing another set. Feel free to play with that working if you can make it more clear Indeedee still benefits from fast teammates such as Cinderace, Urshifu Urshifu-R, and Pheromosa to bring powerful Fighting-type coverage for Steel-types and Dark-types that will be able to survive Indeedee’s attacks. If Indeedee is not running Follow Me, it will usually need bulkier teammates that can survive without redirection such as Life Orb Zygarde for to beat Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Steel-types, (comma) or bulky Weakness Policy Victini to take advantage of Pokemon like Zygarde using Thousand Arrows to bypass Follow Me. Other bulky Fire-types such as Heatran and Volcanion can also accomplish this goal. Diancie is also a good option, as it beats Incineroar and Moltres-Galar Galarian Moltres, which usually wall Indeedee, as well as providing support through Helping Hand.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Bulky Indeedee can sometimes use a Sitrus berry Berry if it isn’t expecting to run into Dark Dark- or Bug-type moves to give it more survivability, but these types of moves are very common so it generally better to run a weakness berry Berry. Choice Scarf Indeedee can sometimes run Energy Ball to deal with Tapu Fini and Gastrodon if it is being used with Pokemon that also struggle with those matchups, like Victini or Zygarde, but has no use outside of these matchups so it is not useful in most scenarios.

Checks and Counters
===================
Dark-Types: **Dark-types**: Dark-types are immune to Expanding Force, which a lot of Indeedee’s partners try to use, so Pokemon such as Incineroar or Tyranitar can often invalidate some Indeedee strategies.

Steel-Types: **Steel-types**: Indeedee struggles to deal damage to bulky Steel-types such as Metagross, Heatran, and Celesteela. Mystical Fire can be an option to surprise Steel-types, but doesn’t do significant damage to them.

Rillaboom: **Rillaboom**: Rillaboom often needs its Grassy Terrain to be effective, so it will go to great lengths to be slower than Indeedee. Since Rillaboom is the same base speed as Indeedee, it will run minimum speed as well as setting itself to level 99 or 98 to always underspeed Indeedee and make Grassy Terrain go up instead of Psychic Terrain.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866]]

GP 1/1! You had some mistakes from the formatting template, be doubly sure those get implemented correctly.

Couple other notes for future reference: always Pokemon, never Pokémon. Terrain is always capitalized, even if you're just saying "Terrain" and not "Psychic Terrain." Urshifu-R instead of Urshifu-Rapid-Strike.

Great analysis though! I feel ready to play 2v2 now

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Removed mentions of Urshifu-R and implemented the GP check, should be ready to go

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Indeedee’s access to Psychic Surge and Follow Me makes it a premier redirection user in 2v2 Doubles. Psychic Surge allows it to block priority moves such as the ever-present Fake Out, giving its teammates a free turn 1. Follow Me lets Indeedee redirect attacks to itself, an essential strategy in 2v2 Doubles, to keep its hard-hitting partner alive for multiple turns; for example, it can stop Naganadel’s Draco Meteor from hitting Zygarde and give Zygarde the opportunity to KO back. Expanding Force is Indeedee's best attacking move for cases where extra chip damage might be useful in finishing off opponent. Helping Hand is used when Indeedee’s partner needs an increase in power to secure a KO on an opposing Pokemon; for example, it allows Choice Scarf Zygarde to secure the KO on Cinderace with Thousand Arrows. Protect is useful on Indeedee because the opponent will sometimes focus on Indeedee to eliminate the possibility of redirection, so Protect grants it extra survivability. It can also be useful to block a slower Rillaboom’s Fake Out in Grassy Terrain. Fake Out can be used instead of Protect as a way to prevent Flying-types from using their first move, which is useful against top tier threats like Tornadus’s Tailwind or Togekiss’s Follow Me, and also is useful for when the opponent prevents Indeedee’s Terrain with Pokemon like Iron Ball Rillaboom. Iron Ball can be used to make Indeedee as slow as possible, giving it the best chance that its Terrain will go up after Rillaboom, as Rillaboom loses power and Grassy Glide priority when Grassy Terrain is not active. Imprison can be used to prevent opposing Indeedee and Togekiss from using Follow Me. Tanga and Colbur Berries can be used to survive hits from threats such as Genesect and Incineroar, respectively, which allows it to provide another turn of redirection, giving its partner two free turns ideally. Indeedee’s EVs are designed to allow it to live a hit from a standard Helping Hand Nihilego’s Meteor Beam, with the rest in Defense.

Indeedee is most commonly found on hyper offensive teams with strong attackers that can overpower both opposing Pokemon. Indeedee is often paired with Pokemon that can benefit from and use Expanding Force in its Terrain, such as Victini, which handles Steel-types such as Genesect and Celesteela or Metagross which can can use Weakness policy to take advantage of spread moves such as Heat Wave and Earthquake that are commonly used against Indeedee. Other teammate options are Pokemon that benefit heavily from a free turn, such as Zygarde, which can set up with Dragon Dance and take care of Indeedee checks Tyranitar and Incineroar, or Nihilego, which appreciates the redirection to usually KO one opponent with Meteor Beam. Indeedee’s teammates often bring coverage for Dark-types that are immune to Expanding Force, such as Incineroar and Tyranitar, or Steel-types that Indeedee cannot beat such as Heatran and Celesteela. Common Pokemon that fill these roles are Pheromosa, and Cinderace.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Scarf is a viable option to run on Indeedee as a bluff to beat opponents expecting the support set. Expanding Force is Indeedee’s main attack as it does heavy damage to anything except Dark-types. Mystical Fire provides coverage against Steel-types such as Genesect and Metagross. Dazzling Gleam hits Dark-types that are commonly picked to counter Indeedee. Trick cripples passive opposing Pokemon such as Cresselia or Gastrodon. Follow Me is a viable alternative as locking itself into Follow Me allows Indeedee to still protect its teammate. 252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature critically allow Indeedee to outspeed Pheromosa.

Choice Scarf Indeedee works best on hyper offense teams, playing with expectations as an offensive version of a normally passive Pokemon. Indeedee benefits from fast teammates such as Cinderace and Pheromosa to bring powerful Fighting-type coverage for Steel- and Dark-types that will be able to survive Indeedee’s attacks. If Indeedee is not running Follow Me, it will usually need bulkier teammates that can survive without redirection such as Life Orb Zygarde to beat Incineroar, Tyranitar, and Steel-types or bulky Weakness Policy Victini to take advantage of Pokemon like Zygarde using Thousand Arrows. Other bulky Fire-types such as Heatran and Volcanion can also accomplish this goal. Diancie is also a good option, as it beats Incineroar and Galarian Moltres, which usually wall Indeedee, as well as providing support through Helping Hand.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Bulky Indeedee can use a Sitrus Berry if it isn’t expecting to run into Dark- or Bug-type moves to give it more survivability, but these types of moves are very common so it generally better to run a weakness Berry. Choice Scarf Indeedee can run Energy Ball to deal with Tapu Fini and Gastrodon if it is being used with Pokemon that also struggle with those matchups, like Victini or Zygarde, but has no use outside of these matchups so it is not useful in most scenarios.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Dark-types**: Dark-types are immune to Expanding Force, which a lot of Indeedee’s partners try to use, so Pokemon such as Incineroar or Tyranitar can often invalidate Indeedee strategies.

**Steel-types**: Indeedee struggles to deal damage to bulky Steel-types such as Metagross, Heatran, and Celesteela. Mystical Fire can be an option to surprise Steel-types, but doesn’t do significant damage to them.

**Rillaboom**: Rillaboom often needs its Grassy Terrain to be effective, so it will go to great lengths to be slower than Indeedee. Since Rillaboom is the same base speed as Indeedee, it will run minimum speed as well as setting itself to level 99 or 98 to always underspeed Indeedee and make Grassy Terrain go up instead of Psychic Terrain.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866]]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)