In-depth Move Analysis: Protect and Fake Out

norulz

excellent
So here are a few doubts:

» Does Protect go first when used against Fake Out?
» Does Protect lower the accuracy by half everytime it is used continuously? I.E. 100%/50%/25% etc...
» What move strikes first, Fake Out, Extremespeed or Quick Attack? Or is it based on the Pokemon's speed?

Quick editing point, in the example of the Toxic/Protect Swampert versus the Gyarados, you commented on the Gyarados, who was knocked down to 88%, as having taken "free 22% damage." 100 -> 88 is 12%, not 22%.

Also, when you do your battle excerpts, the comments you make there aren't formatted to wrap to the screen, causing lots of excessive scrolling.

Other than that, seems like a decent enough guide. Glad to see Fake Out getting some love - Fake Out to check for items is always sexy.

So here are a few doubts:

» Does Protect go first when used against Fake Out?

Protect goes first since it has a higher priority modifier.

» Does Protect lower the accuracy by half everytime it is used continuously? I.E. 100%/50%/25% etc...

Yes.

» What move strikes first, Fake Out, Extremespeed or Quick Attack? Or is it based on the Pokemon's speed?

Depends on speed.
I know about the scrolling but I don't really know how to fix it besides putting the text outside of the log. I guess I will do that.

Edit: It should be fine now.

The logs that were given seems to place emphasis on using Protect twice/thrice in a row. But, nevertheless, the guide is great.

Some suggestions... Some of them are off the top of my head so they might be stupid ideas...

Protect + encore(to make sure you dont encore the wrong thing), taunt (see if your opponent was planning on attacking) and imprison(see if your opponent has one of your moves.

Not sure if you specifically mentioned Protect + Pressure.

You can mention protecting against fake out, a lock-oned move, and other "once in a life-time" opportunites. Also Protect to check for counter, mirror coat, Mean look and other things that will affect your strategy.

Fake-Out can be used to counter certain 2v2 combinations (ie: fake out against electrode means his partner just wasted a protect)

Fake-Out + Substitute in 2v2 Battles is cool

Fake-Out + Yawn and/or Wish in 2v2 is also cool

You can Fake Out to waste a turn of reflect, light screen, and safeguard

Fake Out Counters any Destiny Bonders not named Gengar

Try this out:

In a 2v2 Battle (A & B vs. C & D)
A(preferably Dugtrio) uses swagger on B, who just switched in and is preferably holding lum berry

Next turn, A uses Toxic/Leech Seed, B uses Fake Out (both on same opponent)

I'm definitely not going in-depth on 2v2 in my guide, and some of your suggestions just seem like, to be blunt, a waste of time. Why would you Toxic/Leech Seed after one of your Pokemon got a +2 in Attack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)