Approved Improved auto spread generator

Lately I've been building a lot of sets for the upcoming OM called Abilimoves, and there are two quirks in the team builder's auto spread generator that make buildings sets with fewer than 4 attacks frustrating. The first is that if you don't get a recommended spread if you have only one or two moves. The second, and the one I find the most baffling, is that if you have three moves, the auto spread generator assumes you have a physical attack in the last slot, leading to stuff like this:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

EDIT: Looks like Gastrodon gives that spread even with four moves. That should still probably be fixed.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

I also could have sworn I've seen it give natures that raise one defensive stat and lower the other, but I wasn't able to replicate it.

Last edited:
I'd report this as a bug instead. For instance, pay attention that the generated spread has Attack EVs but an Attack-hindering nature.

I'd report this as a bug instead. For instance, pay attention that the generated spread has Attack EVs but an Attack-hindering nature.
I filed the 3 attack weirdness a while ago, though nothing has come of it. Though not generating a spread for 1 and 2 is something that isn't a bug, though I still want to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)