Illusion team, rate please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I'm new around here, been on smogon not for long actually this is my first forum post, my first team. See I really find it tremendously boring when people keep using the top-tier threats everytime, they are excellent Pokemon and that's why they're on top but still, battles are so boring these days. Nearly everyone has a scizor, drogonite etc. my favorite Pokemon is Zoroark because it's something's that in skilled hands utterly decimates teams. Especially STALL. So yeah I created a team around it, would appreciate constructive feedback from you guys. Remember it's my first team, very new to the black/white metagame

Zoroark(illusion)(timid)(life orb)252sp.atk/252speed/6hp
-Nasty plot
-dark pulse
-focus blast
-flamethrower

Heatran(flash fire)(modest)(air balloon)252sp.atk/252speed/6hp
-fire blast
-earth power
-hp ice
-stealth rock

Gyarados(intimidate)(adamant)(lefties)176hp/128atk/204speed
-dd
-taunt
-waterfall
-stone edge

Starmie(natural cure)(timid)(life orb)252sp.atk/252speed/6hp
-hydro pump
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-rapid spin

Garchomp(rough skin)(jolly)(choice scarf)252atk/252speed/6hp
-outrage
-eq
-dragon claw
-stone edge

Heracross(moxie)(jolly)(choice scarf)252atk/252speed/6hp
-close combat
-mega horn
-stone edge
-night slash

Okayyy. So here is the explanation. Zoroark and Hera are the crux of this team. They both cover each other's weaknesses and hence are perfect candidates for illusion. Zoroark(lead) comes out, first priority is to get a NP off and sweep. Usually if he does get it off, he doesnt disappoint with regrds to sweeping. Well his counters are bulky fighting types like conkel, breloom etc. w stab super effective priority. Also, Pokemon like gengar and starmie can outspeed zoroark and KO w focus blast or hydro pump. So, buky tauntrados is there to absorb scizor, breloom, conkel etc. priority moves. Gyara's counters like rotom-w, ferrorthorn etc. are dealt with by scarfChomp which is legal right? With rough skin. and heatran deals with ferrorthorn. Starmie is a spinner and also there for additional coverage/damage. So this strategy revolves around letting zoroark's illusion lasting as long as possible without giving him away. Even when it is given away he can still sweep, because the rest of the team cover his weaknesses pretty well. I know I haven't written a full strategy here, just the bare bones. I'd appreciate if someone in the know could give me a run down on threats not dealt with and maybe certain improvements/substitutions? Thanks very much, you guys are helping a new member, who is just NOW contributing heh

You may want to read the Sticky on how to make RMT's. You need pictures and a few lines describing why the pokemon is on this team.

Ohh... Sorry about that... Didn't see it! I guess no ones gonna reply to this thread then. Sigh, I couldn include pictures cos I posted this from my phone.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RMT Rules

In future, you should read that thread before posting otherwise you're liable to break them. Look around the forum and see how threads are displayed to get a better understanding of what we expect as a complete RMT.

Invididual descriptions and a simpler format would be ideal. PM me once you've made changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)