I Sing a Song of Eviolite (Tier Shift RMT)

I Sing A Song of Eviolite: A Tier Shift RMT
Hey all! Today I'm going to be sharing with you my Tier Shift "I Sing a Song of Eviolite" team. For the uninitiated, Tier Shift is a metagame where pokemon of lower tiers get their stats boosted. UU and BL get +5 to each, RU and BL2 get +10 to each, and everyone below that gets +15 to each stat. Let's get started, shall we?

I set out to make a team around one of the mons I consider strongest in Tier Shift: Scyther.

Scyther

Tier Shift stats: 85/125/95/70/95/120

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Tier Shift bring Scyther's already moderately good stats to near Pseudo-Legendary status. What my Scyther set focuses on is its newfound great defenses in addition to its ability to hold an Eviolite. This may look like an uninspired set, but it works very well. Many players will play incorrectly in front of it, not expecting its true bulk. Here is a quick calc run with Scyther's Tier Shift stats:

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Scyther: 172-203 (45.9 - 54.2%) -- 45.3% chance to 2HKO

That's right; Scyther can stomach a STAB Draco Meteor from a Life Orb Latias and roost up afterwards or hit back with an immensely powerful U-Turn that has a 31.3% chance to OHKO (and a near 100% chance after Life Orb recoil.) This kind of bulk makes Scyther an amazing defensive pivot. Scyther's main weakness is its 4x Stealth Rock weakness: this is what I set out to address next.

Shiftry

Tier Shift stats: 100/110/70/100/70/90
Wink Wink (Shiftry) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Shiftry is a mon that is often discredited due to its 4x U-Turn weakness. However, Shiftry makes an amazing Defogger, as most people that don't play the lower tiers don't know that Shiftry can carry it. Knock Off is a great move to have multiples of on a team as Doublade, Chansey and the aforementioned Scyther can wreck havoc with their stellar defenses while carrying an eviolite. Leaf Blade and X-Scissor provide good coverage. X-Scissor can be changed to other moves of your liking, including but not limited to Low Kick or Rock Slide. Shiftry's Focus Sash guarantees at least one Defog + another attack if it outspeeds, which it often does with its respectable 90 base speed and full investment. If you need to switch out of an incoming U-Turn, Scyther has good defensive synergy. Just beware: Your opponent could U-Turn into a Terrakion or another Pokemon with a Rock STAB, leaving Scyther in an awkward situation.

At this point, I knew I had to find a mon to take Ice Beams and Thunderbolts. One Pokemon immediately stood out to me:

Meloetta

Tier Shift stats: 110/87/87/138/138/100

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

With a new Special Attack stat higher than Alakazam's and a Special Defense stat higher than Milotic's, Meloetta is a beast on the special side. It's 110/87 Physically Defensive stats are nothing to laugh at, even uninvested. An Assault Vest takes an uninvested Meloetta's Special Defense to an astounding 468 points. Here is a testament to Meloetta's astounding bulk:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Meloetta in Sun: 160-189 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO

Hyper Voice and Psyshock build in great dual STABs, with Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt for coverage. If you are afraid of dark types (which you shouldn't be, considering Scyther is a thing!), you can also run Dazzling Gleam over one of those two moves. Meloetta opens us up to a bigger U-Turn weakness, though. How can we patch this up?

Mega Aggron

Tier Shift stats: 75/145/235/65/85/55

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Aggron fits onto this team like a glove. While it does have two four times effectiveness weaknesses before mega-evolving (Fighting and Ground), Scyther quad resists the former and is immune to the latter. Aggron is an amazing defensive pivot, Thunder Wave-ing anything that would come in and setting up rocks when convenient. Roar or Dragon Tail can be run if you are afraid of sweepers. Our team itself does not have a reliable sweeper yet, though, so it's time to add one!

Feraligatr

Tier Shift stats: 100/120/115/94/98/93

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Still in NU with its Hidden Ability, Sheer Force, Feraligatr is a Tier Shift force to be reckoned with. A solid 120 Attack is paired with a usable 93 speed stat, allowing Feraligatr to be a late game sweeper with Dragon Dance. Waterfall is essential to Feraligatr's set, as the only STAB. The other two moves, Crunch and Ice Punch are for coverage; they can be changed (Dragon Claw and Iron Tail are both options). Feraligatr's weaknesses of Grass and Electric are well covered by the rest of the team, with grass being quad-resisted by Scyther.

Togekiss

Tier Shift stats: 90/55/100/125/120/85

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Wish
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave

Bringing up the rear of our team is Togekiss. Meloetta and Aggron really appreciate Togekiss's wish passing, and Togekiss brings the other half of special coverage that the team needs. As much as I hate to admit it, the 60% chance of flinch from Air Slash is really, really nice. Togekiss is another switch into Aggron's weaknesses, as well as the U-Turns that Meloetta and Shiftry fall prey to. Both Poison and Steel type attacks are walled by Aggron in return. Togekiss also breaks down the Feraligatr counter that is Aggron with its burn chance boosted Heat Wave. Max HP investment brings great bulk on both sids even without much investment.

So what do you guys think? What can I improve? I've laddered with this team a bit, though it's hard to ladder a lot with the small number of players active on the Tier Shift ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)