I hope no one minds some old pokemon sketches...

I call them drawings, but apparently those who are artists consider lineart like this mere sketchings. Meh, call it whatever you want.

Anywho, I was thinking now that I know I'll be hanging out at Smogon, big a pokemon place as it is, that I might be able to share some of the drawings I've done through the ages of my own pokemon, and perhaps give something to the community.

So it should be noted though, that these are indeed old pictures... some fairly recent, drawn within the last two years, others as old as seven years ago, drawn during sixth grade class time. Yeah, that's another thing - all of these were drawn at school. Hey, I had time! (And I still came out pretty good too =p)

To start, here are some drawings that have come "true":

Misdreavus evolution, "Drogou" (Actual representation: Misdreavus)

Apparently, an evolution of Misdreavus. Lol. But hey, what can I say, it wasn't until R/S that I learned of the world of competitive pokemanz.

I recall that I got the idea from some tassels... this picture is what dates the others in the notepad it is in, for I DO recall that it was when we it was our grade's turn to do the x-mas play... 5th or 6th grade, but I can't remember which :(

Unnamed shark pokemon (Actual representation: Sharpedo)

I was thinking of what they might add for R/S, thinking of what to draw, and I thought "Hey, they haven't done a shark yet." I didn't really like what came out though, so there's not even a name to it. You can blame the color for my boredom and coincidental possession of colored pencils :D

Kuboea and Driod, float-based pokemon (Actual representation: Floatzel and Buizel)

These and the next one I actually put some thought into. Kuboea is a bobber, and Driod is one of them floating... light-buoy... things... ah, you know what I'm talking about. Both are water-steel, and I had written in Driod's base stats as 80/90/110/75/90/55. Compared to what I *had* been giving some 'mon... I was getting better at not over-powering them :D

A new move I wrote along with them was Coerce, a normal-type, PP 20 that lowered the foe's evasion and speed.

Mirrond, a mirror-based pokemon (Actual Representation: Bronzor)

A mirror-based poke, I think I borrowed the name from Mirrodin... (from Magic: The Gathering.) I remember the idea was like a cousin to Shuckle... anyways, I think that GameFreak closely mirrors the concept of Mirrond in Bronzor - the thing looks like it's supposed to be some kind of ancient artifact, and my guess is it's either a mirror, or some kind of weird animated dinner plate.

Aww snapple. And now, apparently I can't even execute the real mission of the making of this thread - showing off my Abomasnow prediction pokemon. It may not look like ol' snowy at first, but the design is actually strikingly similar... why, mine has feathery eyebrows just like Abomasnow! >_>

Anyways... hopefully I can find a way to scan that soon... but now, as I don't really like to overload people with my talking/typing/whathaveyou, I will wait for a reaction on these before I post any more... I don't want to waste my time and effort typing and linking pictures for people, when people won't care for it anyways. (Personally, feel like I end up droning on and find myself annoyed when I write long things... is that how it's like to read it?)

I leave you with this humorous quick sketch I did at work to supplement a argument pertaining to Smash Bros:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)