Resource I Created a Tool to Visualize Showdown Pokémon Usage!

senorlopez

Formerly Ricardo [old]
I've been job hunting recently and decided to work on a small project to keep myself occupied and have something to showcase to potential employers (feel free to reach out)! While this project initially started as a portfolio piece, I believe it can become a useful resource for the Showdown community with further development.

I'm more than happy to receive both negative and positive feedback, as well as suggestions.

You can check it out here!

So, what's it all about? This tool allows you to visualize usage rates for Pokémon on Pokémon Showdown, providing insights into the metagame. You can customize the Pokémon you want to track, the tiers (and we can add more if there's demand—there's no limitation at the moment), and the snapshot period. Additionally, you can find the top Pokémon for a specific instance if you're looking to assess the most viable options. I'm planning to add a feature for analyzing correlations between selected Pokémon as I think that would be an interesting addition.

Again, any feedback, questions, and feature ideas you may have are welcomed!

ShowdownGraphs.JPG

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
This project is so good, it's easier to visualize it, love it.
Which points are being used? 0,1500, 1750? Low ladder? Mid ladder?

Also, as a CAP player lover, could it be possible to implement that tier?

senorlopez

Formerly Ricardo [old]
This project is so good, it's easier to visualize it, love it.
Which points are being used? 0,1500, 1750? Low ladder? Mid ladder?

Also, as a CAP player lover, could it be possible to implement that tier?
Appreciate the kind words!

Great question, i'm using the 1630/1695 points threshold and also not taking into account DLC usage stats just for consistency across the current graph.

Ask and you shall receive! CAP has now been added.

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
I've been job hunting recently and decided to work on a small project to keep myself occupied and have something to showcase to potential employers (feel free to reach out)! While this project initially started as a portfolio piece, I believe it can become a useful resource for the Showdown community with further development.

I'm more than happy to receive both negative and positive feedback, as well as suggestions.

So, what's it all about? This tool allows you to visualize usage rates for Pokémon on Pokémon Showdown, providing insights into the metagame. You can customize the Pokémon you want to track, the tiers (and we can add more if there's demand—there's no limitation at the moment), and the snapshot period. Additionally, you can find the top Pokémon for a specific instance if you're looking to assess the most viable options. I'm planning to add a feature for analyzing correlations between selected Pokémon as I think that would be an interesting addition.

View attachment 560618
this is really cool! would it be possible to implement past-gen ous?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader

View attachment 560618
This is an awesome tool. Thank you for sharing this Ricardo!

senorlopez

Formerly Ricardo [old]
Bumping due to big update. I've now added stats pertaining to individual mons such as moveset usage, teammate usage, counter usage etc all of which is accompanied by some kind of infographic which hopefully makes the data easier to digest rather than just reading plain text on a page. Hopefully some of you may find it useful which if you do, please feel free to share! Any engagement is much appreciated as it's taken quite a bit of work. Attaching some screenshots below:

https://showdowngraphs.com/

1702562897303.png1702562934323.png1702562997614.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)