SS OU Hyper Offense around Cinderace Court Change

Hello everyone, this is the first team I would like to present. It’s the beginning of 8G, therefore the metagame is still pretty unstable. This team is a kind of hyper-offense, with a lot of top-tier pokemons. Its specificity is the Cinderace Court-Change that can completely discourage the opponent from placing hazards. If you have ideas of improvements, please let me know ! I have no idea how high such team can climb as I did not have the time to play a lot on ladder these days, but I’m sure it worths a try.

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Court Change
- U-turn
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick

The team’s mascot. Heavy-Duty Boots + Court Change allows you to freely clear your field, then you can pivot out with U-turn. The investment in attack and the access to Pyro Ball can clean enemy's team at the end of the match (careful, Toxa walls this). High Jump Kick provides a good coverage for hitting hard dark and rock types.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

The monster, the beast, King Kong itself. Double-band Darmaritan-Galar is not to introduce anymore and one must enjoy it before it’s banned. This thing can dig huge holes in enemy team. You can bait the scarf in order to force the enemy to switch out, and dynamax to lose move locking and surprise the opponent.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Very solid specs user, dragapult can also get good kills. This moveset provides it a good coverage. Don’t reveal the set too early to keep your opponent worried, as dragapult can be played in a variety of ways.

Polteageist @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shell Smash
- Memento
- Stored Power

Poltageist is a very nice setup sweeper, with a tremendous spe attack stat and a decent speed after a Shell Smash outspeeding most of the metagame. It is also a dynamax user, able to set up the psychic terrain to get extra damage on toxapex and avoid priority moves. Memento can be used in some cases before dying late game in order to make easier for the other mons to win.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform

Ditto can definitely save games. It is sad to need it, but there are so many setup sweepers in the metagame that Ditto is definitely needed to calm them down. It can revenge kill many threats, and even sometimes reverse sweep an uncareful opponent.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam / Calm Mind
- Fire Blast

Bulky Clefable life orb is a good answer to many current metagame stars. Gyarados, Hawlucha, Ferrothorn, Corviknight all lose against Clefable, even after dynamaxing. It can get severe damage by its own. Calm Mind can be preferred over Ice Beam as ice-type is already covered by Darmaritan, and it can therefore take advantage of Memento to get a +1/+1 SpA/SpD.

Export :

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Court Change
- U-turn
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Polteageist @ White Herb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shell Smash
- Memento
- Stored Power

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform

Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast

Last edited:
Polteageist @ White Herb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shell Smash
- Memento
- Psyshock

Poltageist is a very nice setup sweeper, with a tremendous spe attack stat and a decent speed after a Shell Smash outspeeding most of the metagame. It is also a dynamax user, able to set up the psychic terrain to get extra damage on toxapex and avoid priority moves. Memento can be used in some cases before dying late game in order to make easier for the other mons to win.
Why are you running Psyshock over Stored Power? After a Shell Smash, Stored Power hits 140 base power. Even against specially defensive Toxapex, Stored Power is a clean OHKO, while Psyshock falls flat.

+2 252 SpA Polteageist Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 350-414 (115.1 - 136.1%)

+2 252 SpA Polteageist Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Toxapex: 248-294 (81.5 - 96.7%)

Why are you running Psyshock over Stored Power? After a Shell Smash, Stored Power hits 140 base power. Even against specially defensive Toxapex, Stored Power is a clean OHKO, while Psyshock falls flat.

+2 252 SpA Polteageist Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 350-414 (115.1 - 136.1%)

+2 252 SpA Polteageist Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Toxapex: 248-294 (81.5 - 96.7%)
Completely forgot Poltergeist had access to that move ! Excellent change, edited ! :)

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam / Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
If your intention with this is to act as an offensive answer to mons like Gyarados/Hawlucha, it may be better to run leftovers/unaware. You lack any kind of recovery on this thing and as such, despite Magic Guard, can be worn down really easily. This problem is augmented especially after Gyarados gets in; running Unaware lets you get in more consistently to better respond to the sudden Dynamaxing of Gyarados/Hawlucha, for instance. Running consistent options to cover their threatening status for your team especially would help given how your team claws for freedom desperately once they get in. Even if you have Ditto, switching in is very dangerous.

I think something else your team might benefit from is a slow pivot to safely get in Cinderace/Ditto/Clefable. Dragapult works, but I feel like it doesn't really cover anything you already cover with Clef and Polteageist. Something like Corviknight could work due to its durability and utility; having a backup Defogger never hurts, and it gives you a much appreciated ground immunity/Excadrill answer.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Defog

Something like this works well; Taunt utility in a meta with Corsola/Pex running around is extremely useful. If Corsola grows to be an issue and you want to retain offensive momentum, Hydreigon also works!

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Earth Power
- Taunt

I've been running this set as an offensive pivot, and I've had great success with it. The speed spread is meant to outspeed Jolly Excadrill, with the rest going into SpAtk and HP. It has useful Taunt utility and a ground immunity as with Corviknight and isn't nearly as passive, but ultimately I think it comes down to preference.

Hope this helps!

If your intention with this is to act as an offensive answer to mons like Gyarados/Hawlucha, it may be better to run leftovers/unaware. You lack any kind of recovery on this thing and as such, despite Magic Guard, can be worn down really easily. This problem is augmented especially after Gyarados gets in; running Unaware lets you get in more consistently to better respond to the sudden Dynamaxing of Gyarados/Hawlucha, for instance. Running consistent options to cover their threatening status for your team especially would help given how your team claws for freedom desperately once they get in. Even if you have Ditto, switching in is very dangerous.

I think something else your team might benefit from is a slow pivot to safely get in Cinderace/Ditto/Clefable. Dragapult works, but I feel like it doesn't really cover anything you already cover with Clef and Polteageist. Something like Corviknight could work due to its durability and utility; having a backup Defogger never hurts, and it gives you a much appreciated ground immunity/Excadrill answer.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Defog

Something like this works well; Taunt utility in a meta with Corsola/Pex running around is extremely useful. If Corsola grows to be an issue and you want to retain offensive momentum, Hydreigon also works!

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Earth Power
- Taunt

I've been running this set as an offensive pivot, and I've had great success with it. The speed spread is meant to outspeed Jolly Excadrill, with the rest going into SpAtk and HP. It has useful Taunt utility and a ground immunity as with Corviknight and isn't nearly as passive, but ultimately I think it comes down to preference.

Hope this helps!
Really interesting changes. Especially with Hydreigon as we stick to the hyper offense aspect. I will definitely give it a try !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)