Hunter, Prey, Survivor. What Will You Choose? (Aliens vs Predator)

Aliens vs Predator is a FPS developed by Rebellion and being distributed by SEGA coming out on February 16 for PS3, 360, and PC.
You can play as the Colonial Marines and the Alien from the Aliens franchise, and the Predator from the Predator franchise. It's also one of the more gory games around as there are trophy kills for both the Alien and the Predator (headbite, ripping the spine out of a Marine).

There are a few different multiplayer modes than the usual Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Domination, etc. One is called Survivor mode which is like GoW2's Horde Mode except with human-controlled Marines against waves of AI Xenomorphs. There is Predator Hunt, which is essentially Halo's Juggernaut with the Juggernaut being a Predator and the others being Marines. The final one is Infestation where one player is an Alien and the rest are marines. Whenever a Marine dies, he spawns as an Alien and the match continues until the time limit is over or there are no more marines.
There are trailers explaining this the best:

Predator Hunt

Alien Infestation

Survival

Anyways, I'm wondering if anybody had heard about this, are going to buy this, played any of the previous ones, etc.

I am a huge Alien fan, played AvP2 and I would buy this game, except I don't have a "Next-Gen" console and my PC can't play TF2 let alone this game. I think that the addition of trophy kills and an interesting melee system for both Predator and Alien. The only thing that kind of made me a little sad is that there is a lack of Netgun for the Predator and lack of minigun for the marines as no one can forget Ol' Painless from the movie.
I think that this game will be pretty good as Rebellion has made good AvP games before in 1994 for the Jaguar and 1999 for the PC.

Looks interesting. The marine really seems to be the weakest in term of class, as the Alien have advantage of being agile while the Predator is much stealthier. This is only from my observation though, as I haven't had any experience playing the prequel of this game.

Oh man, I have fond memories of the previous PC installment. Do the predators get all 3 of their sensors in this one and do the aliens have their see everyone vision?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess this means I should try this. I'll download the Steam demo when I get home. I like Survival Modes =)

This looks to be a fun game. I am especially interested in those multiplayer modes, they sound really cool and different. I played the original A LONG time ago, but I do remember it was scary as hell, so that might put me off.
Have you looked on IGN for a review?

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IGN reviews are about as useful as a press release.

Anyway, it looks like the multiplayer demo is just deathmatch. Was hoping it would give me a taste of survival =(

IGN reviews are about as useful as a press release.

Anyway, it looks like the multiplayer demo is just deathmatch. Was hoping it would give me a taste of survival =(
Still sour at the Mirrors Edge review? jk I personally see ign reviews as a basic this game is good or bad, but I don't take them too seriously if a game gets a low review on ign, it's definitely doesn't ensure that it is bad.

Putting the off topic ign hate aside, this game does indeed look interesting and if my school didn't have a 4gb bandwidth limit per week I would download this demo, but I downloaded the bf:bc2 demo, and my bandwidth is getting close to 4gb with like 3 days to go, and I like having internet so i'll check it out later.

Firestorm

I have no idea what they gave Mirror's Edge actually. If someone wanted, I could go at length on a rant on what makes IGN such a cesspool. At least they did one thing good and that is inspire this Twitter feed:

http://www.twitter.com/igndotcom

Oh man, I have fond memories of the previous PC installment. Do the predators get all 3 of their sensors in this one and do the aliens have their see everyone vision?

Preds keep their IR and Alien visions with IR finding Preds too (they lost the Pred vision). The Alien only has one vision mode (yay, no navigation vision) and you can see outlines of people instead of the little pheromone cloud. You can also see the outlines through walls now, which helps with ambushing or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)