Gen 3 How's my team?

I'm somewhat new to competitive battling, in fact I hadn't really even considered it in all my years of playing pokemon. Lately, however, I've been reading into the breeding and training process, the varying movesets and different strategies all included in competitive play. After reading up I decided to make make my own team, but it still needs some work (most importantly narrowing it down to six pokes :/ ). So here goes (and I'm pretty sure this is the correct format for showing a poke, please correct me if I'm wrong). This includes all possible team members-

Ninjask @Brightpowder
Impish/Naive (I don't think I need the extra speed though)
hp-100, def-180, spD-180, spe-50
double team/sub
swords dance
silver wind
baton pass

just a standard Ninjask bper with some added defenses

Forretress @Leftovers/Quick claw
Impish
def-252, hp-252, att-4
spikes
toxic
rapid spin/HP rock
explosion

Spiker/ physical sponge

Slaking @Leftovers/CB
adamant
hp-200, att-200, def-108
amnesia
hyper beam
earthquake
slack off

sweeper, hyper beam for STAB, slack off because truant rest leaves me loafing around I think

Gardevoir @??
modest
spD-252, spA-252, hp-4
WoW
calm mind
psychic
ice punch

special sweeper, stops sweeper mences. possible special sponge. I feel like it needs some speed evs?

Dusclops @leftovers
calm
spD-252, def-252, hp-4
WoW
mean look/ice punch
curse/HP bug/focus punch
rest

possible alternate for gard, a trap curser/sponge/mence killer. EVs will definitely change depending on what role is best for him.

Muk @Leftovers/Brightpowder
impish (sticky hold)
def-200, att-152, hp- 156
screech
swagger
focus punch
acid armor

screech swagger combo with acid armor for some added defense in case the hit gets off, focus punch on the switch. EVs, like most of the others, probably need work.

Heracross @CB/Leftovers
adamant
att-252, spe-172, def-84
rock slide
megahorn
brick break/endure
counter/reversal

possible alternate for muk, mence and skarm killer. CB with brick break and counter, Leftovers for endure/reversal. EVs are the same as the others, possibly need work.

Weezing @Leftovers
impish
def-172, hp-252, spe-84
haze
explosion/rest
fireblast
sludge bomb/shadow ball

hazer, skarm killer and possible zam killer. I'm not sure about EVs once again.

Donphan @Leftovers/CB
calm
def-200, att-200, spD-104, hp-4
ancient power/ endure
HP electric/reversal/rapid spin
earthquake
roar

Phazer, possible spinner. Ancient power for skarm. Choice band unless endure/reversal? EVs not sure.

Like I said, I am relatively new to this, so I might have huge flaws in my team. I feel that I have the two most important- skarm and mence- opponents covered, but there could easily be more holes in my team than I think. Constructive critisicm is very much appreciated, I would rather not revamp my whole team if possible. Slaking is already made and raised, but I can always berry his EVs back to 0. What do you think?

I'm somewhat new to competitive battling, in fact I hadn't really even considered it in all my years of playing pokemon. Lately, however, I've been reading into the breeding and training process, the varying movesets and different strategies all included in competitive play. After reading up I decided to make make my own team, but it still needs some work (most importantly narrowing it down to six pokes :/ ). So here goes (and I'm pretty sure this is the correct format for showing a poke, please correct me if I'm wrong). This includes all possible team members-

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+ Atk,- SAtk)
252 Spd/252 Atk/6 HP
Substitute
swords dance
silver wind
baton pass

Ninjask needs Absolutely NO DEFENSES, it wont be living through more than 2 hits anyway. Leftovers always.

Forretress @Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Atk
Spikes
Earthquake
Rapid Spin
Explosion

Those EV's were weird, you had the right Idea with Forry though.

Slaking @ Choice Band
adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Focus Punch
hyper beam/Return
earthquake
Shadow Ball

Everything about this is wrong really. Truant always skips the next turn, Making him useless that turn. Amnesia has no place there at all, Slaking isnt a tank.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
modest
spD-252, spA-252, hp-4
WoW
calm mind
psychic
ice punch

Looks good, but I never use Gardevoir. Doesnt need that many SDef EVs. Pump them into HP and Speed.

Dusclops @leftovers
Impish
spD-252, def-252, hp-4
WoW
Seismic Toss / Shadow Ball
Sleep Talk /Focus Punch
rest / Pain Split

Curse Trapping will more likely than not fail. Sleep Talk or The Standard set will work much better, just pick on of the sides and use it.

Muk @ Leftovers
impish (sticky hold)
def-200, att-152, hp- 156
screech
swagger
focus punch
acid armor

I never used muk, but this will not work, it you use swagger, they will switch to a pokemon that can easily counter it. Once you reveal that you have just focus punch as your only move, they can just phaze you out/ Spwitch to celebi for an easy counter.

Heracross @ Choice Band
adamant
Guts
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
rock slide
megahorn
Brick Break/ Focus Punch
Sleep Talk

Heracross will NOT be a skarm killer, in fact it is almost completely walled by skarm if not for the fact that heracross could learn Focus punch
. Use Heracross to absorb status and blow through the rest of the opponents' team.

Weezing @ Leftovers
impish
def-172, hp-252, spe-84
haze
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
sludge bomb / Flamethrower

alakazam can OHKO weezing with psychic, so its not a counter. Pain Split
is a must on Weezing, so it can survive. Will-o-Wisp is better to cripple physical attackers, which is what weezing does best. This leaves you with a choice between Sludge bomb to take on snorlax, weezing's mortal enemy
or Flamthrower to take on Skarmory to keep it from walling weezing. Those EVs are messed up as well,dont feel like looking them up though.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish
def-200, att-200, spD-104, hp-4
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin
earthquake
Roar/ Rest / Counter

Impish always unless running a choice band set, which this isnt appropriate for. Donphan, like heracross is NOT AND NEVER WILL BE A SKARM COUNTER. It has no way to deal with anything skarm throws at it. (unless it spikes, then it can just get rid of the spikes.) Donphan is more of a utility than an attacker anyway, go with those moves, still too lazy to look up EVs for you.

Like I said, I am relatively new to this, so I might have huge flaws in my team. I feel that I have the two most important- skarm and mence- opponents covered, but there could easily be more holes in my team than I think. Constructive critisicm is very much appreciated, I would rather not revamp my whole team if possible. Slaking is already made and raised, but I can always berry his EVs back to 0. What do you think?
This seems to be an ingame team, which runs differently than if you were netbattling, so just know that if this is for emerald, all of these sets are completely valid for Battle Frontier, if Ruby or Sapphrie, it doesnt matter either way. It looks like you're making some slight mistakes, but its okay cause you just started trying competitive battling.

Thanks for all the input.
What do you think the final 6 should be?
and is there a guide on netbattling somewhere on this site, because from what I had read across the internet was obviously not in depth enough to cover the difference of a good team and a GOOD team.

EDIT
And why the sleep talk on hera with no rest?

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't believe sleep does that in-game, and I'm pretty sure this is in-game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)