How to write articles for Pokemon Showdown without actually having ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many members of Pokemon Showdown want high ranks in the community without any effort put in at all. I plan to write an article about how to achieve this goal through writing articles. Of course, most of the pre-pubescent boys on the site have never had an original thought in their twelve-year-old lives, and are completely incapable of writing a sentence, much less an entire article.

That's where I come in. I will write an article all about, for lack of a better word, bullshitting their way through the community. More of an opinion/satire piece than a step-by-step list really, but the nature of the article should resemble that of an article written by the morons over at wikiHow.

You see, I am a huge fan of snide, ironic humour. As well as an avid Pokemon fan. These two things combined added to my oft-overused pop culture references, I can almost convince people that I'm a good writer.

Now, you may be wondering, "why should I let this guy write for us? He's belittling our community, trashing our webzine concept, and operating under the assumption that Pokemon Showdown is filled with twelve-year-olds."

This is completely true. That's what makes me a unique and worthwhile writer. I am not afraid of high-concept, self-referential articles. Like the Community (TV show, of course) of Pokemon Showdown writers. And I can go meta. Oh, so very meta (if you don't believe me, reread this submission).

Before I end my submission, I'll leave off by offering you a thought. Ask yourselves 'what does this guy bring to the table?'. The answer is this: the ability to mask real issues through satire. I know this ability is not what you would expect in The Player, but I promise you, I can make your webzine one worth reading.

If you're going to be writing about Smog Media (or any other badge), that's a Smogon thing. The Webzine pertains specifically to Pokemon Showdown!, but it's up to TP mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)