Strategy & Metagame How the New Megas affect ORAS OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think it would be pretty cool for there to be an article on how the new megas affect the ORAS Metagame, especially since the ladder has been up for about a month now. If this is something we could do, then Id be willing to write it, as Ive been playing on the ladder extensively and have used most of the new megas on various teams (i havent touched bad ones like camerupt, steelix, audino, or glalie, tho I have seen them used). I think it would be something that most people would enjoy reading. Not sure if this has been suggested yet but I think this is something that needs to happen.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TGMD Valentine Valmanway

Personally, this topic was bound to happen as the newcomers are sure to shake up the hierarchy. You also seem to have a strong OU presence, at least on the forums, but I leave it to the guys above to make a verdict on this. Also, will you be taking any stances on Mega Salamence and its potential (and most likely) quickban?

Valentine

Banned deucer.
hey clone.

you can write this article if you use relevant players to double check your information. this should be easy since you've interviewed plenty of top OU players already. i don't doubt your knowledge, but this will assure quality.

approved.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, will you be taking any stances on Mega Salamence and its potential (and most likely) quickban?
oh i just noticed this part. i have it mentioned in my write up about how broken he is, but i havent explicitly stated anything about him being banned (just heavily implied it). i also posted so i know where to submit the article once i have it finished. i dont see a place to put it, unless it like the competitor where i have to be given access to that subforum

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oop, seems like we forgot about granting you access to our workshop, which has now been done. Have some general advice we give to all new writers:
1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff. When you post your thread in the Article Workshop, you need to set labels for it. You'll need to set the issue's number too. For the tags that say WIP, Grammar, etc, those are the stages your article are in. Since you'll ideally be working on the article after posting your thread, mark it as WIP. When you finish, move it to Grammar and get it checked twice by other people. Afterward is the HTML stage and someone will put it into HTML code. Your article will eventually get art done for it and it'll be complete!

You can discuss the progress of your article(s) on #thesmog (on synirc) with other writers, however keep in mind this is the only place you can discuss your article(s). If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of The Smog Staff, otherwise enjoy your time writing for the webzine. :)
Welcome to the force!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)