How Staff Communicate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like taking this article from "Article Ideas" thread in the Kiln, just basically explaining the various forms of communications staff use to handle the room properly.

To start off, I would touch upon:
-Why efficient communications are needed
-What staff will discuss

The different methods of communication:
For global auth, they have a
-Whole subforum on smogon to discuss the different aspects of the server.
-Staff room on ps
-Staff chan on irc

Room auth have to find their own means of communication, whether it be
-A pm conversation on smogon with all staff members
-A live conversation which only staff have access to (ex: skype)
-Different ps servers can be set up for communications of specific rooms (or private rooms within those servers)

For the methods I listed I would
-Explain them in good detail
-Explain advantages and disadvantages of them
-Compare and contrast between them

If anyone else has any other ideas for different methods I would be more than willing to add them in.

Last edited:
The Immortal , I grabbed it off the Article Ideas thread for The Player, just need to find a global staff co writer (already have one in mind) for me to move ahead with this (talked to Scene about it on PS). It's for users wondering how staff keep such effective control of the rooms and such.

scalarmotion

sit, fetch, micro
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How would this be relevant to the readers? The "Higher-Ups" article explains the roles of staff which helps users know who to report things to and such, but this is about something most would never see or care about.

So if this does get approved, I asked Antemortem and he said he would love to help out with this article as he is now global driver.

I mean, I thought it would be an interesting side article, about how staff communicate to effectively to keep the room in order. No doubt some users will want to know what being a staff member is truly like and what it requires, and communication is essential to that.

But I'll let Scene place the final verdict on both of these things (Ante and approval).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)