How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Profanity when I need to.
I live in New jersey everyone uses it here.
If I'm around my friends possibly every sentence has profanity in it.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Swearing makes people look and sound uncouth as well as morally degredant. However swearing is occasionally appropriate and can reduce physical pain or stress but in my opinion swearing is reserved for veterans and instances of great frustration.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Swearing makes people look and sound uncouth as well as morally degredant.
So swearing gives the overjudgemental something to be smug about?

I don't know about you, but I'm not about to bend my will to appease the kind of person that would call me unintelligent because I uttered a sound, regardless of context.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I voted for depending on how I'm currently feeling, but I do have to agree with the majority as well and say that it also depends on who I'm around. I'm actually more vulgar in front of my mom, mostly because she calls me a bitch jokingly a lot (which actually annoys me, but then I feel okay calling her a bitch "jokingly" right back) but then in front of my father, I am far more tight lipped. I actually dropped the f-bomb in front of my mother a few months because I was very frustrated looking for something, and she blew up at me because my little brother was in the room. He's far from innocent anymore though, he calls his bus drivers bastards.

I tend to use profanity more when I am trying to be purposefully mean, or when I am absolutely flabbergasted (ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS), but otherwise, I wouldn't say I'm incredibly "vulgar" because of that. I'm far more vulgar in talking about sexually explicit things, hah.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
With my boys, I swear alot, but rarely around chicks. I curse in class all the time, but my parents have never heard me say any profanity ever. I've been cursing for years but I always keep it cool around them instinctively. I honestly don't know how they'd react, they'd probably be baffled if they heard me talk the way I do.

It really depends who I'm talking to for the most part. I find it that I swear more online than I do in real life.
One thing that bugs me is when I see girls in my highschool and they all have nice hair and all that nice shizz and then they say something like:
"Y0 FUK U YE FUKN PR1CK!1!!!1" or "OMG U FUKN A$$H0L3 B1TCH WH0R3!!11!!1"
And they SCREAM this across the hallway.ಠ_ಠ; Like,WTH.Attention whore much? I'm not saying females aren't allowed to cuss but why SCREAM such...profanity so everyone can hear you? Specially from a young lady but then again,most high school girls sound like they're on steroids.Oh puberty,you~

Such profanity comes from the sudden hormonal influx, gar, simply because their puny adolescent brains can't cope with that much oestrogen at once and they go into Tourette's overload.

At least that's my view of it. To return to topic, while I don't talk much anyways, in spite of what some people may say about me in certain fields, when I do speak and emphasize annoyance or negativity, I generally let loose a few fucks here and there, while keeping my general profanity to a minimum with regular joes.

Such profanity comes from the sudden hormonal influx, gar, simply because their puny adolescent brains can't cope with that much oestrogen at once and they go into Tourette's overload.
It's actually the increase in testosterone that causes that sort of behaviour, but in puberty it's because the hormones are constantly in flux; there's not just a steady build of of oestrogen, but the output rates from the brain go up and down so crazy. It's why mood swings are common in both menopausal women and pubescent teenagers.

EDIT: I swear the most at video games when they frustrate me. I tend not to swear at people (only occasionally in mutually understood jesting context) and generally not in front of adults or young children, especially my parents; although I've started swearing with some more minor words when I see something aggravating on the news or something.

I think too much testosterone is going into their voice aswell.My Gosh,they have such manly voices.ಠ_ಠ Rather unappealing.I picture them having a beard when they speak.
Lol@Tourette's overload.XD Tourettes can also explain those outbursts.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's extremely unlikely some random girls at your school have Tourette's Syndrome. That's not just something people randomly have.

Profane language was an iconic trait of a person I would like to avoid mimicking. I don't have a religious argument against it, but I think it's a very culturally crass way of speaking. I don't swear for some of the same reasons I say "please" and "thank you".

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
down here in the buckle of the bible belt, if you swear once or twice a day, you are pretty much exiled and said to be ridiculously juvenile. thanks, jesus

edit: case and point

Swearing makes people look and sound uncouth as well as morally degredant.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I swear all the time, quite literally once in every sentence or so. I swear around my parents as they don't really mind, and as Theorymon likes "fuck", I simply adore the word "bitch". It can be used for almost anything.

Example one: "This hurts like a bitch"

Example two: "Shut the hell up bitch"

Example three: "Your my bitch"

...it goes on and on!

On random occasions, living in the rough edges of Houston, everyone is so used to it that you don't even consider it profanity.

I don't like when people sound stupid when they swear. Especially little kids who say it every other word. I myself, swear quite frequently but I have a certain degree of non-stupidity, if you will.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I really just love the way the word "fuck" sounds, and the way it feels coming out of my mouth. I also really like "cunt". Those are probably my two favourites, but yeah
I like you immensely right now. Haha, I am always gushing about my favorite words, describing them as "delicious" and the like simply because of how they cause my mouth to move. For example, I am in love with the word "voluptuous" aaaaand, hmmmm, oh, SUPPLE is one of my all-time favorites as well. Not all of my favorites have a sexual connotation either really, ahha, those are just the few examples that I can think of right now.

Also, I think fuck, cunt, twat, and bastard are my favorite swear words. Also, I don't know why, but I think cock is the sexiest synonym for penis, haha. It's so forceful and crisp. COCK.

I like you immensely right now. Haha, I am always gushing about my favorite words, describing them as "delicious" and the like simply because of how they cause my mouth to move. For example, I am in love with the word "voluptuous" aaaaand, hmmmm, oh, SUPPLE is one of my all-time favorites as well. Not all of my favorites have a sexual connotation either really, ahha, those are just the few examples that I can think of right now.

Also, I think fuck, cunt, twat, and bastard are my favorite swear words. Also, I don't know why, but I think cock is the sexiest synonym for penis, haha. It's so forceful and crisp. COCK.
This post made me say cock out loud.
Thank you Fishy.

"You're an insufferable COCK"

I dislike the word pussy, I dunno, it just sounds unpleasant. Plus I always read it as pussy as is the puss version, white blood cells and whatnot.

I like the word scrotum, well mainly the sound and how my face scrunches up as I say it.

As far as insults go, I like to mix it up, swear words and random verbs are my favourite atm.

You're an assmunch. Fuckwanker. You. you . vulva

Oh, and knob jockey.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Knob jockey, hahahah. I also hate the word pussy. I think it sounds so goddamn disgusting. I also hate the word tits. Soggy is another bad one, but I remember that another one of my all-time favorite words is FLESH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)