How do you play your mesprit??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have seen mesprit a lot more used nowadays in uu since the whorelass days

i was just wondering in what ways are ppl utilizing him??

i run myself a:

@leftovers (252HP/156SPA/x/100/spe)

stealth rock
psychic
grass knot
magic coat

what set are you utilizing yourself??

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The point of using Mesprit is to have a favourable matchup against many leads. Mesprit is an amazing utility pokemon, and you should abuse that to the fullest.

I use Psychic/Grass knot/U-turn/Thunder Wave. Screw SR.

as a lead, I currently run 252SpA/252SPD, Modest, Psychic/Grass-Knot/Stealth Rocks/Ice Beam @ Lum Berry(this lead was really just random, so the EVs are probably bad; I'd been using Pinsir, but didn't like the amount of flying weaknesses on my team).
I've ran Thunderbolt, U-Turn, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Reflect, and Calm Mind in Ice Beam's spot, but I really don't know what should be there.

I've also used a Trick Scarf lead with 252SpA/240SPD, Modest, Psychic/Grass-Knot/Ice Beam(or Thunderbolt)/Trick, and it's pretty funky fun. I find it far more useful than the generic Tricks Scarf Me.
also, I'm thinking of trying an expert belt lead(with SR/Psychic/Ice Beam/Grass-Knot(or Thunderbolt), but Lum has been so useful as of late, as I've encountered a lot of status leads.

I've tried running without Rocks, but as I generally run teams based on the OU style of hyper offense, and thus don't have specific counters to Swellow, Scyther, Moltres, et al, their importance is paramount to my team scoring KOs with priority.

I've ran both an expert belt lead with SR/Psychic/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt and the same with a Lum Berry, although I usually stick with Lum as it beats quite a few status leads.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, if you want to start a Mesprit discussion threat, the OP will need to be better and more detailed than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)