How do you kill this? Rhyperior Discussion.

if skarmory can do it, why not Rhyperior? Its typing isnt as great, but it is still a physical wall nonetheless. Rhyperior has even better HP than Skarm. Just a thought...

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Def -SAtk)/Jolly (+Spd -SAtk)
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd/Atk

-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
Cause Skarm can also Roost.
Basically, RHY is either a sweeper that can wall (CBer), or a Wall that can attack (ResTalk).

SRock is always a good option if you don't have someone else that can already SR...but if you want a SR + Phazer, Swampert or Skarm do the job better.

Empoleon Counters Rhyperior:

@ CG

252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Special Attack

Bold

Hydro Pump
Grass Knot
Sleep Talk
Rest

*Rest after you kill Rhyperior, and then switch out, and you can Sleep Talk when you send her back in.

Resists Megahorn/Stone Edge. Earthquake is a problem, but Empoleon has max defense.

Then give it the Defense Glasses, and depend on Hydro Pump. If you switch it in on a CB Earthquake with the Defense Glasses, it will survive probably below 33% and activate Torrent, which will boost Hydro Pump for a 1hko.

Then give it the Defense Glasses, and depend on Hydro Pump. If you switch it in on a CB Earthquake with the Defense Glasses, it will survive probably below 33% and activate Torrent, which will boost Hydro Pump for a 1hko.
Ok...then Rhyperior switches...and something water resistant comes in and most likely threatens to KO Empoleon.

@Stefy, the only reason to use TPunch would be for Gyara, which is hit harder by Stone Edge anyways.

Ok...then Rhyperior switches...and something water resistant comes in and most likely threatens to KO Empoleon.

@Stefy, the only reason to use TPunch would be for Gyara, which is hit harder by Stone Edge anyways.
This is just playing the counter-theory game, but one thing Empoleon is VERY good at is dealing with those sorts of Pokemon, as it gets Grass Knot to take out bulky waters and ice beam/drill peck to take out the rest.

for Rhyperior VS Rhyperior give it 4 speed evs higher than the standard and you will win, just hope you don't switch in on a CB Eq.

Same can be said for Electavire vs Electavire (they can 1hko with Earthquake, immune to T-Punch/Bolt, Survives all other attacks, etc).

Defense Glasses are the same as Choice Band, but it works for Defense. (There is an equivalent version for all stats barring HP).

If Empoleon does cause a switch then that means it is a counter.

It Switches in and Survives all possible attacks that opponent has. It then either Causes a switch or 1hkos. Same with Magnezone and Skarmary (with Shed Shell), and every1 knows Magnezone counter Skarmary. even if it has Shed Shell because it survives its attack, and will 1hko or force a switch...

(Same with Jolteon/Raikou/Zapdos, etc.)

for Rhyperior VS Rhyperior give it 4 speed evs higher than the standard and you will win, just hope you don't switch in on a CB Eq.

Same can be said for Electavire vs Electavire (they can 1hko with Earthquake, immune to T-Punch/Bolt, Survives all other attacks, etc).

Defense Glasses are the same as Choice Band, but it works for Defense. (There is an equivalent version for all stats barring HP).

If Empoleon does cause a switch then that means it is a counter.

It Switches in and Survives all possible attacks that opponent has. It then either Causes a switch or 1hkos. Same with Magnezone and Skarmary (with Shed Shell), and every1 knows Magnezone counter Skarmary. even if it has Shed Shell because it survives its attack, and will 1hko or force a switch...

(Same with Jolteon/Raikou/Zapdos, etc.)
From what I find, there is no such item as "Defense Glasses". The only choice items out there are Choice Specs, Choice Band and Choice Scarf. The only Glasses the Glasses man in Celestic Town gives out are Blackglasses, Choice Specs and Wise Glasses.

Serebii also shows no note of an item with the name "Defence Glasses".

Anyway, Bronzong is like the perfect counter for Rhyperior. More often then not they carry Grass Rope, which hurts Rhyperior A LOT. Bronzong also usually carry lot's of defense, so theres another strike against Rhyperior. Then last but not least, Bronzong is immune to Ground (assuming Levitate) and resists Rock, both of Rhyperiors STAB choices. The only choice Rhyperior really has is to Megahorn Bronzong, which won't even do that much damage and has a fair chance to miss.

From what I find, there is no such item as "Defense Glasses". The only choice items out there are Choice Specs, Choice Band and Choice Scarf. The only Glasses the Glasses man in Celestic Town gives out are Blackglasses, Choice Specs and Wise Glasses.

Serebii also shows no note of an item with the name "Defence Glasses".

Anyway, Bronzong is like the perfect counter for Rhyperion. More often then not they carry Grass Rope, which hurts Rhyperion A LOT. Bronzong also usually carry lot's of defense, so theres another strike against Rhyperion. Then last but not least, Bronzong is immune to Ground (assuming Levitate) and resists Rock, both of Rhyperions STAB choices. The only choice Rhyperion really has is to Megahorn Bronzong, which won't even do that much damage and has a fair chance to miss.
FT is right. There are no "defense glasses." Also, I'm using Bronzong as a counter for Rhyperior. If you load it up with max HP and a decent defense, I don't think it even needs Reflect to survive effectively.

Although not the best option I see no reason why you shouldn't have Stealth Rock in it's support movepool.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers ** Bulldozer
Impish + Def -Sp.atk
252 HP and Def, 4 atk
Sleep Talk
Rest
Rock Cannon
Giga attack/Earthquake/Horn Drill

HOLY SHIT! The dual hyper beam sleep talker idea was made up by my brother for Dialga but I think it could be a bitch. With no recharge time for hyper beam moves when sleep talking you have a good chance of killing everything even if you pick rest sometimes. Use EQ/Giga Cannon only if no OHKO are allowed. EQ is an option because with STAB it does the same ammount of damage as Giga Attack.
Can anybody confirm that Sleep Talk Rock cannon (Rock Wrecker) needs no recharge? I dont really care about giga attack, just Rock Wrecker.

Thx in advance.

Yeah, a defensive Bronzong is the perfect counter IMO.

On the Bronzong I am planning to use in the future, he is carrying 252 HP / 200 Def / 52 SAtk. Easily threatens the Rhyperior, even if he uses Swords Dance

Well, I have a Relaxed Rhypey and I don't have enough time to make a new one for a tourney, so I was thinking:

- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hammer Arm/SD

Which?

Just got back from another long layoff from pokemon, so please excuse the occasional errors. (p.s. haven't scrolled the entire thread ._.)

On paper, this all looks good. ttar + rhyperior will most probably be whored as 1.5 * Sdef augments his trait very well, helping cover that horrendous SDef. However, I think it would be best to reserve all judement until we actually start battling (I'm assuming Competitor is near completion?).

This reminds me of when CBers were very popular in ADV - predict, or you die. Which is why Substitute on it would be very effective, it prevents you from getting screwed if you predict wrongly.

Granted, this thing still scares the shit out of me, alongside sala and company. A successful agilipass would prolly be gg though...

Aside from that... Nothing much that probably hasn't been said already. This will definitely be a threat and if the current assumptions are correct every team will have to be carefully planned out as something like 4-6 of the pokes cannot allow this monster to switch in.

Snorlax, which usually sports ~300 att iirc does shit with earthquake, and, being slower, is just asking to be switched on by this guy. Suicune/Swampert/bulky water will be worn down by constant EQs on the switch (much like cbmence with hp fly back then) and I don't think pressure from cune, or cune + clops for that matter will be enough.

Gamefreak's biggest mistake since Wobba? or a strong, OU pokemon (top-tier or not) way overblown by hype? Only time will tell.

This may be kinda dead, but I just thought of something.

What about Unconventional? Rampardos would do a lot with an EQ. Maybe even OHKO the sucker if he's CBd.

Max, CBd, +Natured Rampardos(707 atk) using EQ on a Rhyperior with 371 HP(Minimum) and 296 def(neutral minimum) does 344-405 damage.

55.7% chance to OHKO.

Rhyperior needs one of the following to survive it(with at least one HP):

1. +Def nature. No Def or HP EVs are needed.

2. Or one of the following EV spreads(The minimum amount of EVs needed):
-8 HP, 104 Def
-4 HP, 108 Def
-112 Def

When you go to 100 def EVs, EQ does two more damage instead of one more, so one more hitpoint won't garuntee survival.

>_>

Well, maybe if you switch it in on a Hr0n, you can do it.

BTW, Rampardos is faster. Rhyperior has base 40, Rampardos has base 57.

Also, fun thing. Rampardos can learn surf.

I need to check something.

EDIT: OMFG. SURF FROM RAMPARDOS=DEAD RHYPERIOR.

EDIT EDIT: Whoops. Forgot to factor in Rhyperior's improved spdef.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)