Hoopa Balance Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently made a gen 9 OU team around Hoopa Unbound and I really want help improving it. The Pokepaste is here: https://pokepast.es/565ba244bde05184

I started with an assault vest Hoopa-U as the team's main wallbreaker, I love how insanely high his offensive stats and special bulk are. His tera type and 4th moveslot has changed a lot but i settled on going with both drain punch to provide extra longevity towards the middle and end of a game along with flipping his 4x weakness to U-Turn.

The next mon was decided on almost instantly because while Hoopa is strong it has a glaring weakness to U-Turn. I went with TankChomp in order to both stack hazards which helps Hoopa break stuff and punish U-Turn with free chip. Tera water is for jumpscaring anyone with triple axel.

At this point I decided on AV Treads in order to patch up my initial mons weakness to fairy type attacks. Treads provides Hazard control and a fairy resist. I went with Ice spinner and Atk investment to help with lando/gliscor/and any Dnite that dances in front of me.

Fourth Mon is Glowking to check Sun teams by changing the weather and checking walking wake.

The fifth mon is Corviknight to provide an Ogerpon check and to help Garchomp check physical threats. It was initially Zamazenta because he is usually better at that job but i swapped because my team was wayyy too weak to EQ otherwise.

Last mon is Dragapult, he provides speed control, priority and status while also helping Hoopa break stuff alongside hazards, im currently thinking of switching his item but im not sure yet.

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader
Hi SeroV, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)