Hook, Line, and Sinker! Luring the foe into Chandelure's open arms!

Okay so I saw that there were two(?) Dream World Forums and not knowing which I should put this in, I put it in both! Anyway, without further ado...

The Concept: Use deception and baiting to lure opponents into being choice locked to the immunities of Chandelure / Dugtrio, so the Shadow Tagger / Arena Trapper has free reign to buff to hell and back. Failing this, the team is designed to choice lock key Pokemon to cripple the opponent in such a way as to take a significant advantage.

The Design
The party works in two teams of three; one team for Chandelure, and one team for Dugtrio. Each team has 3 distinct roles, which are as follows:

The Bait

The Bait (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Bounce

The Bait (Aggron) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

The first goal of each team of three is to lure out the moves that their respective team member is immune to. That meant I needed a Pokémon famous for its Thunder weakness and a Pokémon famous for its Fighting weakness. On the weak-to-thunder side of things I choose Gyarados. Not only does Gyarados attract thunderbolts like a lightning rod, he also is a great addition to any team and packs quite a punch. I choose to use the Bulky Dragon Dance set on him, as dragon dance really can’t be left unpunished for long and taunt will take away any choice they have other than to try and KO him. For Chandelure’s team, I chose Aggron. I picked him for the exact reasons nobody else does: his glaring and crippling weaknesses. Almost every team packs earthquake or one of the many powerful fighting moves.

The Net

The Net (Starmie) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Grass Knot
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

The Net (Linoone) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Switcheroo
- ExtremeSpeed
- Belly Drum
- Shadow Claw

These lucky guys got picked to fill the role of The Net. The Net’s job is to come in after the Bait faints and trick the target Pokémon before dying. Thus the Nets have to be fast, have the same weakness as the Bait did, and have access to Trick/Switcheroo. For Dugtrio, I chose Starmie. Starmie is incredibly fast, especially with the boost from the initial Choice Scarf. It also is known to be slightly weak, further encouraging the opponent to use thunderbolt again. It took a while for me to land on Linoone as the perfect candidate for the Chandelure team, but now I can see how the team ever worked without her. Linoone has all the advantages of Starmie, but the belly drum set means she can also serve as a sweeper if she tricks the opponent into setting up spikes or buffing, thereby getting that free turn to belly drum it up. Although Linoone is only hit for neutral damage against Ground moves, the opponent knows Linoone to be too frail to survive an Earthquake anyway, meaning she also effectively serves in this regard.

The Sting

The Sting (Dugtrio) (F) @ Air Baloon
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Hone Claws

The Sting (Chandelure) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Dragon]

Once you get to this point, it’s fairly easy flying. +6 100% accuracy Edgequake from Dugtrio and +6 HP Dragon from Chandelure. HP Dragon serves two purposes: firstly it gets great coverage, and secondly it means the opponent doesn’t know what to send out. The main goal of these two is to at least break even before being stopped, and this is handily accomplished by both parties thanks to substitute.

Bold are changes, of course.

this looks like a great team there's only a couple problems first this leaves you to kill with 2 pokemon and you sacrifice 4 for it and even if you kill their key pokemon they might just send out another guy (also you haven't included weather in the mix) Second there are main sweepers that already use the choice sets (like Haxorus and latios) so your trick users would be useless against them.

so what I would do is drop the Dugtrio half of the team and add wish Blissey/chansey (to refresh your team) Skarmory (goes with Bliss) and swampert to set up entry hazards (believe me you'll want them) also on chandelure I would drop HP Dragon and Sub for Acid armor and shadow ball and maybe leftovers over Air Balloon, this is a wicked strategy think you get one pokemon trapped that can't do a thing then you just set up max Def, Sp Atk, and Sp Def maxed out the opponent cannot beat you at all unless they get a crit (hax) so get one pokemon successfully trapped and you win the game!!

I know I changed your team around a bit and you don't have to go with my advice but I recommend you test chandelure at the very least, it works very well if you can pull it off Hope I helped XD

I now realize that I am quite possibly breaking the 1 active thread limit rule, so if a mod feels the need to erase either one of my RMT threads, I sincerely apologize for promptly forgetting the rules after I read them.

Thanks for the tips Pokedude! Making multiple teams is easy, so I will probably make one with and one without your big changes. Stealth Rock helps wonders for Chandelure, and Spikes would only serve to amplify that! As for Acid Armor on Chandy I'm currently testing it with it replaced by flame thrower. I'll try out what you suggest thereafter, and then decide what works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)