Hi.

What is up guys! here, I've got my 3rd OU RMT.
This one i feel a little better than the rest. The team is basically one that i had been
thinking of and putting together in my head until, i finally decided to put it all together today. I've used it on the ladder a few times
and its done me well. So far i feel this is the best Over Used team i have, but I'm sure you guys will be able to spot out some flaws
and certain ways to improve the team. Please do take some time to go through it and provide any kind of feedback possible, minor or major.

BEFORE I GO ANY FURTHER, HERE IS A CHART SHOWING THE NATURES:

Explanation:
As you can see, there are 25 natures a Pokemon can have. They affect the way a Pokemon's stats are distributed as it levels up.
The natures with orange boxes are neutral, which means a Pokemon's stats will develop normally. The other natures distribute
more points to one stat while decreasing another. On the left-hand side of the chart you'll see the stat a nature boosts,
while the stat it subtracts from is listed at the top.

THE TEAM:

THE DETAILS:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Why Tyranitar?

Tyranitar. This prehistoric dinosaur has great stats, a wide movepool, and most importantly; Sand Stream.
Ive decided to try out a sand team, and thought I'd use Tyranitar as my sand starter.
Ive also gone with a specially defensive Tyranitar, which takes hits all so well in sand. Even super effective scald's
from Politoed wont do much in sand. Obviously the standard Max Special Defense and HP, and 4 EV's in attack.

Moveset:

Quite a basic, common moveset here. Ive opted T-tar to set up rocks
for me, pursuit to trap latias/latios, and other psychic types, Stone
Edge as a STAB option, and fire blast to deal 'unexpected' damage to
Ferrothorn/ Forretress.

Synergy/Weaknesses:

Bug (x2) Fighting (x4) Grass (x2) Ground (x2) Steel (x2) Water (x2)
- Works really well with Tentacruel and Jellicent resisting if not immune to some/most of its weaknesses.

Jellicent @ Leftovers

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature

- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Scald

Why Jellicent?
Well, the main purpose of my jellicent is to spin-block. But as we all
know, jellicent is not only there as a spin blocker, it can tank special
hits, and also retaliate, doing quite decent damamge to opponents
with its more than capable base 85 Special attack. Also, jellicent's
typing is more than handy, Water/Ghost allows it to serve as one of
the best check to common OU threats such as Keldeo, Toxicroak, and
Scizor in some situations.

Moveset:
Nothing too unusual about the moves I've chosen to have on my Jelli,
Willo, for the burn (crippling physical attackers), Shadow Ball, and
Scald for STAB attacking options and Recover, which is self
explanatory.

Synergy/ Weaknesses:Dark (x2) Electric (x2) Ghost (x2) Grass (x2)
- Ferrothorn doesnt not have a problem in taking any of Jellicents weaknesses at all.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature

- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Why Ferrothorn?
Probably the best defensive Pokemon in OU, In My Opinion. Such an
awesome team member, really is. Its got great defenses, a great steel/ Grass typing,
Access to moves such as Leech seed, spikes, thunder wave.. What
more can you ask? I thought I'd try out ferrothorn with tentacruel,
they have great synergy, and sorta compliment and go with each
other. Main purpose of ferrothorn is too set up spikes, and tank
physical hits.

Moveset:
Also a commonly used moveset here; Leech seed, for that annoyance
to that opponent, and for recovery; Spikes; Thunder wave, just to go
with the toxic spikes from tenta, willo from Jelli, to cripple fast
pokemons, and be able to revenge kill if necessary. Power Whip is the
attacking option that i went with.

Synergy/ Weaknesses: Fighting (x2) Fire (x4)
- Jellicent and Tentacruel. Simple as that.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature

- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Why Tentacruel?
As mentioned above, i wanted to try out ferrothorn and Tentacruel
together on the same team. Tentacruel is also here as my rapid
spinner, T- spikes setter, and it also benefits from the predominant
weather in OU;Rain. Having Rain dish, and also boosting is STAB scald.
also mentioned, previously it has such good synergy with Ferrothorn,
resisting both of its weaknesses (fighting and fire).The EV spread,
which i got from smogon is Max HP, 236 in defense and the rest is
invested in speed. Tentacruel already having a solid Base 120 Special
defense needs defense EV's with its paltry base 60 Defense, and
hence the investment there.

Moveset:
Again, nothing special or unusual with the choice of moves. Rapid spin,
obviously to spin the hazards away allowing
switches to be more
frequent, Toxic Spikes to get that residual damage on those that are
affected by it, Scald as an attacking option
and also to possibly cripple
physical attackers, with the 30% chance of a burn as its secondary
effect; and protect, for scouting purposes/
getting more residual
damage from poison/ sand, and also recovery when in rain.

Synergy/ Weaknesses: Electric (x2) Ground (x2) Psychic (x2)​
- Ferrothorn, Landorus, and Tyranitar. They can take these typing moves very well.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Sheer Force

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature

- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Why Landorus?

Ahhh.. here is the giant threat that it is; my Sheer Force Landorus. Opting to go for the special variant of Landorus, as most are.. I chose Landorus, as it as a nice typing, giving it immunity to Spikes and T Spikes, and also it really is a power house. I really feel that people underestimate how much damage a Life orb'ed Sheer force landorus can do. So far it has worked quite nicely for me, and has quite often finished off the game for me. Landorus, although not having the 'best' speed, is solid at base 101. allowing it to outspeed base 100's with me having a timid nature as well. Landorus also works quite well with Jellicent, Tentacruel and Ferrothorn with all 3 of these easily being able to take its weaknesses; water and ice.

Moveset:
The traditional Earthpower, Focus 'miss' :p, Hidden power ice and i opted for Psychic over something like Rock polish for the sole purpose of OHKO'ing something like Conkeldurr and also for better coverage, hitting other fighting types. The EV's on it are also fairly orthodox; Max Speed and Special Attack with a timid nature.

Synergy/ Weaknesses:
Ice (x4) Water (x2)

-Ferrothorn - Jellicent - Tentacruel. Jellicent is immune to water type attacks, and they dont do much to the other 2 as well.

Breloom @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature

- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Why Breloom?
'Broom'loom, geddit? ;) , although having a less than impressive speed stat, has a very nice Base 130 attack, boosted by its ability: Technician, which powers up its attacks of 60 Base Power or less by 1.5x or 150%. Breloom has something that i really like, and that is its 2 STAB moves that im using. Its got such good coverage in the current metagame, and in particular, it is sure to take out Politoed with bullet seed, and T Tar with a 4x effective Mach punch. These 2 being the 2 most used weather starters in the current OU metagame, its nice to have something that can take them on. Spore is also a great move to have on breloom, allowing it to set up a free SD and proceed from there.

Moveset:
2 of its STAB moves used here are boosted by technician, making them even more powerful after STAB boost as well. Coupled with a Sword's dance and its awesome base 130 attack, It Wrecks. as explained above, spore gives me the opportunity to get a free Sword's dance up, so to speak, and try to dish out as much damage as possible. Another great asset about mach punch is that its priority and to a certain extent, negates it low speed. The EV's on this are Max Attack, Max speed and a Jolly nature (it needs all the extra speed it can get).

Synergy/ Weaknesses: Fire (x2) Flying (x4) Ice (x2) Poison (x2) Psychic (x2)

- I would say Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, and Tentacruel with the exception of psychic.

Importable:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Scald

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Thanks for taking your time for reading this!
Before you go, it would be nice it you could rate this team out of 10 and give a little feedback! :)
If you like the team feel free to leave a like (Luvdisk)
Lastly, Enjoy your day!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

Couple of things. First of all, I think that your team will have issues against some threats, especially Gengar and special Landorus-I. Gengar outspeeds your whole team and will give you a serious headache as your best ways to deal with it are basically either hoping for a Focus Blast miss or catching it on the switch with Psychic from Landorus. It can set up a sub and pretty much get a guaranteed kill if it's not too unlucky with Focus Blast. Landorus seems like a huge threat too considering your only Ground resists are Breloom and your own Landorus, both of which are destroyed by Hidden Power Ice and will be outpaced if the opponent has Rock Polish. Thanks to Sandstorm, it will 2HKO even your Jellicent with Earth Power after Stealth Rock, meaning you're in for trouble. Sadly there isn't really one quick fix for both issues as they are quite different Pokemon. One thing that you need to consider in my opinion, is the fact that Tentacruel is really not an effective Pokemon in Sand. It loses all of its recovery, which is basically what makes it so durable in Rain, making it very easy to wear down when your weather is up. It will also not be able to deal as much damage with Scald which can help its opponent switching into it, especially stuff like Gengar who'd want to spinblock it. I think that you should get rid of Tentacruel for something that can help against your weaknesses. One thing you could try that would really help your team in my opinion would be running a Choice Specs Latios over Tentacruel. While they certainly aren't the same kind of Pokemon, Latios is able to provide an okay check to RP Landorus, as well as being able to break down Special walls for your own Landorus, thanks to its ridiculous power. Since Latios tends to lure in a lot of special walls, it can cripple them to make it easier for Landorus to clean. To fix the issue with Gengar, try out a Choice Scarf on Tyranitar, while also moving Stealth Rock to Ferrothorn in the place of Thunder Wave. Choice Scarf Tyranitar is a nice way to deal with fast unboosted Pokemon as it can revenge kill them easily with Pursuit, especially Gengar which is OHKOed after little residual damage, even if it doesn't switch out. Tyranitar can also revenge kill non-RP Landorus, which is nice I guess.

I would really try out U-turn on Landorus if I were you. Landorus tends to lure in Breloom's counters, such as Celebi, Latias, etc. and it can heavily damage them with U-turn as you go to Tyranitar to Pursuit them. Psychic isn't really that great since the only useful thing it gets is Gengar really, as Earth Power hurts most Fighting types a lot already. With U-turn however, it will become much easier for Breloom to sweep.

Volcarona could be a serious issue for your team, as once it sets up there's nothing that can really stop it easily, so if it gets a QD and Tyranitar is weakened you pretty much lose. Try out Toxic instead of Will-O-Wisp on Jellicent, as it allows you to stall it out instead of just being set up fodder.

I'd tweak Ferrothorn's set a bit. First of all I'd really use Gyro Ball instead of Power Whip, as Ferrothorn is your best way to deal with Dragons, you want to be able to hurt them before they kill you. Secondly, I'd use a different spread. While Ferrothorn's defense is great and all, it's also amazing at taking Special Attacks and you want to take advantage of that. A spread of 252 HP / 92 Def / 264 SpDef Sassy would be the most useful in my opinion, as it allows you to take care of most Dragons as well as making it a lot bulkier on the Special side, allowing it to lay down Spikes much more easily against Rain teams, as without investment Politoed's Hydro Pump will hurt it a lot.

Here are the sets you should use:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Sand Stream
Hasty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~Crunch
~Pursuit
~Superpower
~Ice Beam

Latios @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Surf
~Psyshock
~Trick

Good luck!

Thanks a lot Jirachi! some great feedback there, exactly what i was looking for! I'll take all of those suggestions into account and hopefully it'll be for the better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)