HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not have Sinnoh evos? Just being a Remake doesn't cut the Sinnoh evos right out...in fact the only thing to suggest that is Frlg which isn't much of a pattern...it's one game. Nintendo would try and make the game as fun and money making as possible and in my eyes having some extra little things like that help.
Well they are known for patterns and they hardly ever stray from them in game. So yea it does cut Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokemon out of the picture, Pre-E4 anyway.

As much as money means to any company there is tradition, and I for one would not like to see HGSS pre-E4 play through soiled with pokemon not availibe in the originals, that's not to say I wouldn't support things like Houndour avalible a bit earlier than Lavendar Town.

After E4 bring it on give Clair Giratina for all I care I just want the first play through to stay true to the original G/S/C.

BTW for those hoping for better names on the US version, Nintendo of America Trademarked them so....

Seems there was 1 minor change between gym leader rosters between FRLG RBG Giovanni in FRLG has 2 Rhyhorns instead of a Ryhorn and a Rhydon like he had in RBG, so at the most maybe we will see some evolution definently nothing beyond 2nd gen though, like Falkner having a Pidgeot.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol, every lpokemon ou. Tail glow Ampharos would be nice, I haven't been able to use Ampharos since my silver died(not in crystal:() Extremespeed Dratini would push Dragonite up to high OU, mabye.

I can't believe they replaced Kris with that funky lookin chick.

This is going to make loads of money. And lol at everyone that tried to deny this was coming even up to the eleventh hour.

FOr the record, I have always supported GS remakes and have believed that they will have happened all along.

I agree, Tail Glow Ampharos would be sweet! And nobody give me that crap about its jap. name being something about fireflies. Manaphy can learn Tail Glow and it couldn't be less like a firefly if it sprouted cheeseburgers out of its antenna!

Move tutors that I think will be in this game:

Flare Blitz (must be Flareon-compatible. Absolute must.)
Headbutt
Hydro Pump
Gunk Shot (And let Weezing and Victreebel learn the freakin' move this time! I mean, the Pokedex clearly states that Weezing eats garbage, so why shouldn't it spew it out as well?!)
Splash (ultimate lulz)
Nightmare
Sweet Scent
Hypnosis
Grudge
Recover (hopefully compatible with Weezing. Hey, if they can have a snail made of boiling lava with a shell made of fragile, crumbling rock learn the move, why not a two-headed bag of gas?)
Close Combat
Selfdestruct
Take Down
Double-Edge
Nasty Plot (I know quite a few Pokemon that would love this!)
Dragon Dance (If so, Garchomp shouldn't be able to learn it, it's already uber, it doesn't need further reason to keep it in that tier; I'm thinking more for the likes of Flygon, Arbok, Seviper...)
Anything that was in FR/LG that wasn't turned into a TM in D/P/P

OH! OH! Hairdryer Rotom! Special move; Heat Wave!
Radio Rotom! Special move: Hyper Voice!
Tape Recorder Rotom! Special move: Copycat!
Computer Rotom! Special move: Conversion!
Clock Rotom! Special move: Future Sight!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
FOr the record, I have always supported GS remakes and have believed that they will have happened all along.

I agree, Tail Glow Ampharos would be sweet! And nobody give me that crap about its jap. name being something about fireflies. Manaphy can learn Tail Glow and it couldn't be less like a firefly if it sprouted cheeseburgers out of its antenna!

Move tutors that I think will be in this game:

Flare Blitz (must be Flareon-compatible. Absolute must.)
Headbutt
Hydro Pump
Gunk Shot (And let Weezing and Victreebel learn the freakin' move this time! I mean, the Pokedex clearly states that Weezing eats garbage, so why shouldn't it spew it out as well?!)
Splash (ultimate lulz)
Nightmare
Sweet Scent
Hypnosis
Grudge
Recover (hopefully compatible with Weezing. Hey, if they can have a snail made of boiling lava with a shell made of fragile, crumbling rock learn the move, why not a two-headed bag of gas?)
Close Combat
Selfdestruct
Take Down
Double-Edge
Nasty Plot (I know quite a few Pokemon that would love this!)
Dragon Dance (If so, Garchomp shouldn't be able to learn it, it's already uber, it doesn't need further reason to keep it in that tier; I'm thinking more for the likes of Flygon, Arbok, Seviper...)
Anything that was in FR/LG that wasn't turned into a TM in D/P/P
"Garchomp is trying to learn Dragon Dance."
"Garchomp is trying to learn Close Combat."
"Garchomp is trying to learn Double-Edge."
"Garchomp is trying to learn Flare Blitz."
"Garchomp is trying to learn Splash 'cause he can."

At least no one would say Garchomp is OU anymore.

If Dragon Dance was a tutor move, I'd be fairly certain that EVERY Dragon would be able to learn it, and probably stuff like Rhyperior, Rampardos, Aerodactyl, Sceptile, Milotic etc as well, plus the snakes you already mentioned.

OH! OH! Hairdryer Rotom! Special move; Heat Wave!
Radio Rotom! Special move: Hyper Voice!
Tape Recorder Rotom! Special move: Copycat!
Computer Rotom! Special move: Conversion!
Clock Rotom! Special move: Future Sight!
I kinda like the idea of chucking the new Rotom forms another move.

As much as money means to any company there is tradition, and I for one would not like to see HGSS pre-E4 play through soiled with pokemon not availibe in the originals, that's not to say I wouldn't support things like Houndour avalible a bit earlier than Lavendar Town.
I hope this too. It doesn't really matter if they move some Pokémon's catching location, but I so hope they keep the first run as original as possible.

Seems there was 1 minor change between gym leader rosters between FRLG RBG Giovanni in FRLG has 2 Rhyhorns instead of a Ryhorn and a Rhydon like he had in RBG, so at the most maybe we will see some evolution definently nothing beyond 2nd gen though, like Falkner having a Pidgeot.
I don't really get why they did this... Was it just to make Giovanni easier in FRLG than RBY?
I hope they won't do anything like this to HGSS, because the gyms were enough easy as they were. Would it be cool if Clair had Seadra instead of Kingdra? Absolutely not!

And as some seem to complain about the new female character and why they replaced the girl from Crystal. Well, they didn't replace the girl, because HG and SS aren't going to be Crystal remakes. They are going to be Gold and Silver remakes. And in those games we didn't even have a girl character to choose from. Kind of same what happened with LG and FR.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
New rotom forms please! By the way I hate the new girl replacing Crystal, absolute garbage Japan!
I think this is a bit premature, they've only just released new rotom forms in Platinum, and since this is a remake of Gold and Silver they are not going to make new pokemon for the game. Of course after the Elite Four there is a high possibility we may get evolutions of some of the Johto pokemon like what happened in FR/LG with Crobat and the like being introduced after the Elite Four.

Speaking of the Rotom formes, or any other alternate formes for that matter, perhaps it would be possible to trade them over to HGSS, then use them over Wi-Fi! That's ridiculously wishful thinking however... I mean how would you transform Rotom and Shaymin anyway?

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That would be cool but very unlikely as I stated, these are remakes and the rotom-formes and the like just dont fit in with the game.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
The main thing i'm hoping for is a Nasty Plot tutor as there was a Swords Dance tutor in FR/LG so maybe there'll be a Nasty Plot tutor in HG/SS.

With the power of HEART, I will become both a Planeteer and a Pokemon Master!

I hope that they don't go the FRLG route with evolutions. I'd love to be able to have a Porygon-Z on my ingame team, rather than having to wait like I did for P2. :( Can't wait for more info! Being able to get Sacred Fire/Aeroblast on the alternate Legendary will be nice, too :x

I think there will be a move tutor to make Lugia and Ho-oh remember these moves

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think there will be a move tutor to make these pokemon remember these moves
The Move Relearner exists since Ruby/Sapphire, there's no reason they won't add him now.

As of Silver Lugia and Gold Ho-oh, maybe they'll have special moves that can't be learned otherwise, or maybe a new ability? Who knows, Game Freak may still want to make them unique.

Hmm, Flash Fire Ho-oh...

The main thing i'm hoping for is a Nasty Plot tutor as there was a Swords Dance tutor in FR/LG so maybe there'll be a Nasty Plot tutor in HG/SS.
That's because Swords Dance was a TM in RBYG, but wasn't anymore in RS, so they put in the Swords Dance tutor to make up for that. Nasty Plot is a move introduced in the 4th gen, so I'm really doubting there being a tutor for it.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
That's because Swords Dance was a TM in RBYG, but wasn't anymore in RS, so they put in the Swords Dance tutor to make up for that. Nasty Plot is a move introduced in the 4th gen, so I'm really doubting there being a tutor for it.
Havent played RBYG for ages so forgot about that, but I can still hope *fingers crossed* :)

The Move Relearner exists since Ruby/Sapphire, there's no reason they won't add him now.

As of Silver Lugia and Gold Ho-oh, maybe they'll have special moves that can't be learned otherwise, or maybe a new ability? Who knows, Game Freak may still want to make them unique.

Hmm, Flash Fire Ho-oh...

yes Arael i said that i think there will be a move relearner

Hmm, Flash Fire Ho-oh...
New moves most likely, new Ability's wishful thinking >.>

If there is a curse move tutor please let Ho-oh get it. As it is it already has no way to boost its attacking stats and now that I can finally get it I can make my wifi uber team

Maybe teachable post/pre E4 by Whitney, she does have an affinity for Tail Based moves, Iron Tail, plus come on the thing freaking lights the lighthouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)