Gen 2 hey you

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
[RMT] Quite Possibly My Greatest Team

RMT. Mainly, it's an offensive stall team that can be played in many different ways, which gives you maximal unpredictability.

Updated: 03/26/08

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Hidden Power [Fire]
Rapid Spin
Reflect
Spikes
HP: Fire makes opposing Forretress think twice about switching in, and is a useful tool in forcing Skarmory to Rest and restricting its chances to switch in in general. Spikes is a necessity to this team, forcing Snorlax's counters (most importantly Rhydon and other Ground/Rocks, whom are almost always Restless in today's metagame) to take damage each time they switch in.

Muk (M) @ Leftovers
Explosion
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Thunder
What can I say? This is the best support for Fire Blasting Curselax. Giga Drain is an incredible surprise for incoming Rhydon that walls my Snorlax, stealing away up to 59% of its HP in one fell swoop. Muk can wreck a team with well-timed status for either Sludge Bomb or Thunder (which makes water switch-ins as difficult as possible so that Muk can focus on the things it is meant to match up with: Growlers and Ground/Rocks). Explosion knocks out the Miltank that is likely to switch in, leaving a huge opening for Snorlax to come through.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Drill Peck
Rest
Sleep Talk
Thunder
As of now, Zapdos is generally used to relieve some of Snorlax's special tanking jobs from waters and grass types. When the ground types are down from my team's ground disposing tricks, Zapdos may have an opening to sweep in the late game.

Hidden Power [Water] as an option:
If I could use HP: Water over Drill Peck without complaints, I would, as this version of my team has a hard time switching into Rhydon (although Umbreon can switch in a limited number of times - unless it is Substitute Rhydon). The addition of HP: Water onto this team is an interesting debate, as Rhydon will no longer switch into Zapdos to take Spikes damage but at the same time I am also losing the opportunity for a valuable defense option against Rhydon. If Hidden Power is allowed again, the only good thing that will happen is that Rhydon will no longer be seen as frequently, meaning my team has an easier time winning overall.

Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Charm
Pursuit
Rest
Toxic
Umbreon teams up with Forretress in an effort to keep the most common spinners (Forretress and Starmie) at bay, although they cannot touch some of the others (Cloyster, Donphan, and Tentacruel), but even some of those can be neutralized by a toxic, allowing me time to set up Spikes and keep them for several turns as they Rest to stay at high health.

Pursuit support is also great for the two pesky ghosts that can cause Snorlax trouble.

Skarmory (M) @ Mint Berry
Drill Peck
Rest
Thief
Whirlwind
Thief is mainly here because thieving an item from a pokemon (for example, Zapdos, who is 3HKOed by Raikou after I steal its lefties) can usually give me the advantage in stall matches. My main targets for thief are the ground/rock types my team enjoy spending so much time with. ;)

Not to mention, Marowak is royally screwed if it loses its Thick Club, too.

I use Mint Berry instead of no item because I find it is extremely easy to know when Skarmory has Thief or not, and most of the time it'll take damage on a switch in and reveal the fact it has no leftovers. So, Mint Berry gives me a free Rest when I might need it. My opponent will most likely not know I have Minty, which makes it all the better at keeping the opponent playing defensive as to not lose leftovers to thief on an important pokemon. Mind games are fun. ;)

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Curse
Double-Edge
Fire Blast
Rest
Coup de grace. My entire team is built around an eventual Curselax (whom is hardly seen nowadays) sweep. Nothing is different about this monster since '03; however, I have learned how to almost perfectly revolve my team around it.

-----

Some of you may have noticed my indecision towards two conflicting status effects: paralysis and poison. Well, both paralysis and poison have vastly different targets on this team. Poison hits mainly ground types and common Resters. Paralysis is for all pokemon in general, and on this team ground types can never be a target for them.

But, "what if I hit the wrong Pokemon with the wrong status?"

It doesn't matter. This team does not revolve around the idea of spreading status effects, and they are only there as items of luxury. I could care less if none of my opponent's Pokemon are statused, but it could probably help!​

So there you have it: my offensive stall team.

This team would probably do its best in a metagame with Celebi allowed, which is a double-edged sword; Celebi is an amazing addition to my team (most likely over Umbreon), but it could also give my team a hard time. Although I like to think of it as my absolute best team, this team won't see much use in the current state of the metagame. Once a few things change, this team will become an absolute beast to play against.

RMT. Mainly, it's an offensive-defensive stall team that can be played in many different ways, which gives you maximal unpredictability.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Spikes
HP: Fire is amazing. =) I had Rest > Reflect before, but Forretress lasts so long (especially with that toxic immunity) I think I can afford the extra defense for stuff like BDlax.

Strange set but I guess it works. You can try using Toxic / Rest / Explosion over Rapid Spin on Forretress and use Rapid Spin on Tenacruel. You could also try using Rest, Spikes, Rapid Spin, Surf Cloyster over Forretress to see which one works better on this team.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
- Rest
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Swords Dance
Tentacruel is an amazing sweeper, and with Rest is will last entire battles without breaking a sweat. A great way to take advantage of water types.

I don't really like the Rest on Tenacruel. It doesn't have the defense of Suicune who can actually live through a Rest, Also you don't have a Heal Beller, so I see no point in using Rest on it.

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Rest
- Roar
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
Toxickou is amazing. Sure, it can't touch grounds, but when I am continuely toxicing them and roaring to shuffle my opponent will have a hard time. Excellent Missy/Jolteon counter.

Ok, But you'll give Nidoking / Nidoqueen etra Leftovers by using this set. I'd lose Toxic for Crunch or Reflect. If you're going with Reflect use either Toxic / Rest / Explosion on Forretress. This set seems to be a Suicune wannabe meh...

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
- Charm
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Toxic
Umbreon + HPFire Forretress is capable of beating most of the standard rapid spinners in a pulp. Resting Cloyster is the only RSer that can best this combo, but I can simply use it to get free Tentacruel switch-ins. (Donphan may be trouble, though.) Everything else is self-explanatory; Umbreon is also a decent switch-in into Tyranitars.

Standard set, But consider using Pursuit Tyranitar / Houndoom over it for extra offense, Suicune over Tenacruel solves your Tyranitar trouble if you ditch Umbreon also use Sand Attack / Curse on Skarmory to actually beat last poke Curselax if you're going to make those changes.

Skarmory (M) @ Mint Berry
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Thief
- Whirlwind
Thief is mainly here because thiefing an item from a pokemon (for example, Zapdos, who is 3HKOed by Raikou after I steal its lefties) can usually give me the advantage in stall matches. Marowak is royally screwed if it loses its Thick Club, too. I use Mint Berry instead of no item because I find it is extremely easy to know when Skarmory has Thief or not, and most of the time it'll take damage on a switch in and reveal the fact it has no leftovers. So, Mint Berry gives me a free Rest when I might need it. My opponent will most likely not know I have Minty, which makes it all the better at keeping the opponent playing defensive as to not lose leftovers to thief on an important pokemon. Mind games are fun. ;)

Other than that you know what Skarmory does!

No problems here...

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
simply gg. It can switch into all sleepers, I think, and with pursuit support from Umbreon it totally shakes the field with its massively fat stats.

The big daddy of overused. Just watch out for Ghosts, Cursing Tyranitar / Rhydon and Curse / Sand Attack Skarmory.

Overall this team can outlast a lot of other stall teams. It totally decimates the offensive teams with so much overlapping defenses, too, as if they manage to take out an important wall there's always a back up. I MAY have Machamp troubles, but it can't really switch in many times without taking chunks of damage or being toxiced.
Like you said this team has problems against Curse-Talking Machamp. Seismic Toss Heracross is also a pain using Zapdos over Raikou solves both those problems but you'll lose defense against Jolteon and "Thunder Misdreavus" Also a heal beller would be very nice here... Miltank / Blissey could work over Tenacruel's spot. If only Celebi wasn't Illegal it would be awesome for this team fixing you machamp Weakness as well as actually being able to 2hko Heracross with Psychic even though Mega Horn ohkoes Celebi.

Hidden Power Fire is for other Forretress. So it is a good idea. Since no really uses Cloyster, or Qwilfish, or Smeargle

Substitute is standard. But Rest can work

Sleep Talk, and Rest is standard.

everything else looks good. Watch out for Fire Blasting Machamp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)