SM OU Hey Look It's Every BO Team Ever

Every Bulky Offense Team Ever

** Okay, so I tried my hand at building a bulky offense team. After 5 minutes of tweaking and around a day of playtesting, I agonizingly constructed everyone and their mother's BO team. This team runs on a chassis of Scizor and Rotom, with Lando-T as a fast U-turn pivot, Tapu Bulu and Latios as wallbreakers and Heatran as hazard setting or glue.**

Teambuilding Process

**It’s everyone’s favorite BO core! Mega Scizor and Rotom-W are consistently reliable pivots, capable of taking advantage of many switchins to bulky pivot out. Mega Scizor is of course my main win-con in this team, sweeping entire teams with Bullet Punch and Swords Dance. Rotom-W takes care of pesky campers like Heatran for me.**

**This team was pretty weak to Tapu Koko, both Zards and Doom Tran, so I added in Landorus T to balance it out. Landorus T is such a great mon, providing powerful STAB Earthquake and Knock Off utility for support.**

**Now I needed something for taking care of steels that weren’t weak to Earthquake, like other Scizor and Ferrothorn. Heatran fit the bill. Initially I ran CS Heatran and Utility Landorus-T, but since this team encountered problems with Pheromosa I decided to switch both roles. Doom Tran lets me lure in people who think I’ve got complacent in checking waters with Bulu, Rotom and Latios.**

**Every team needs hazard control. Although Tran walls MVenu, he can’t do much else with Magma Storm’s 75% accuracy. Keldeo also poses problems for my team, since Specs Secret Sword takes a lot out of my Rotom-W. Latios was brought in to solve these problems. STAB Draco Meteor is great as a nuke option and to check defensive Lando-T in a pinch.**

**For glue I decided I needed another bulky water check, since Scizor, Heatran and Landorus T are all vulnerable to bulky waters. Bulu has the side benefit of wallbreaking through Chansey with its ludicrously powerful Wood Hammer. In return, Lando and Heatran take care of Mega Beedrill and Skarmory respectively.**

The Team

Scizor @ Scizorite

Ability: Light Metal

EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe

Impish Nature

- Swords Dance

- Roost

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

**The first half of my Scrotom core. Scizor can double as a pivot and a sweeper. U-turn at +2 pokes a giant hole in Ferrothorn, which Rotom-W despises. Roost is for recovery. Bullet Punch and Swords Dance sweep. Scizor is insanely bulky; it took a +2 Fly from a Flyinium DD Salamence once.**

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD

Bold Nature

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

**The other half. It soft-checks stuff like Landorus T and bulky waters in general. WoW is for opposing Scizor, switching-in Ground types or Megagross. Hydro Pump muscles through Landorus and nabs Pelipper for good damage in rain. Pain Split allows me to get the upper hand against slower pivots or burned walls.**

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Knock Off

- U-turn

**I mean, Lando T only has a 40% usage rating on Showdown. Scarf makes me fast enough to not care as much about Hyper Offense bulldozing my team. EQ is standard, Stone Edge is for Zard Y and Volcarona. Knock Off cripples item-dependent stall teams. U-turn is for general fast pivoting, an invaluable skill against Protean Greninja.**

Heatran @ Grassium Z

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Magma Storm

- Earth Power

- Solar Beam

- Stealth Rock

**I have to confess that I have never used Powertran in Gen 6. Fortunately Doom Tran came along and rectified that. Magma Storm has extremely shaky accuracy but when it hits, it hits hard – neutering other Scizor and forcing switchins like Garchomp to reconsider their next move. Earth Power hits other Tran, Alolawak and is safer against Magnezone. SolarBeam is really only there for Bloom Doom unless sun is up, in which case it’s probably useless. SR takes advantage of the insane switches Tran forces. **

Latios @ Life Orb

Timid Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

- Defog

- Roost

**Latios takes care of a few important threats – namely Mega Venusaur, Toxapex and Keldeo. He can hazard control using Defog, Roost off damage or wallbreak with Draco Meteor. Psyshock is usually just for predicted Tapu switchins, since DMeteor nukes Keldeo most of the time.**

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band

Ability: Grassy Surge

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Wood Hammer

- Horn Leech

- Superpower

- Stone Edge

**The glue of this team. Offers another soft-check to Landorus T and benefits from my teammates’ ability to kill Mega Beedrill. Ever since I switched my Scarfer and Utility mon, have been getting a lot more use out of this bugger. Wood Hammer can destroy switchins like Zard Y. Horn Leech is for recovering health lost by recoil damage. Superpower breaks Skarmchans cores apart by denting the former and KOing the latter. Stone Edge is for predicted Volcarona or Zard Y switchins, but I use it sparingly. I was considering a SubSD set, but it really misses the sheer immediate power of CB Wood Hammer.**

Threatlist

**This team’s been working out pretty well for me so far, however there are a few problematic creatures. Even with CS Landorus, Pheromosa poses a big threat as EQ only 2HKOes and Stone Edge’s accuracy is unreliable. Battle Bond Greninja (especially LO variants) is really hard to beat since nothing except Scarf Lando T can break through it, and Bond Ninja has Water Shuriken for that. But the biggest threat to this team so far has been Tapu Lele, who is capable of outspeeding with a Scarf and nuking everything to death with Psychic, Moonblast and (for Scizor) HP Fire. Nevertheless, I like playing this team.**

Scizor @ Scizorite

Ability: Light Metal

EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe

Impish Nature

- Swords Dance

- Roost

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD

Bold Nature

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Knock Off

- U-turn

Heatran @ Grassium Z

Ability: Flash Fire

Timid Nature

- Magma Storm

- Earth Power

- Solar Beam

- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb

Timid Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

- Defog

- Roost

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band

Ability: Grassy Surge

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Wood Hammer

- Horn Leech

- Superpower

- Stone Edge

Yo, pretty standard BO you got there. One a side note, you might want to try these out:

------>

Seeing that you're using a Bulky Offensive VoltTurn team, Hazard control is crucial, if not essential to avoid all the chip damage you take through all that switching shenanigans. Latios has a nice defensive typing, but its so stupidly frail that it barely manages to stomach even resisted hits and Life orb recoil isn't helping it at all. It can only switch in ~twice to koko's Thundebolt before being forced to recover and is cleanly 2HKoed by specs Keldeo's Hydro Pump after rocks and takes nearly 70% from specs icy wind and is a horrible check to rain abusers such as Ludicolo and Kingdra that your team is really weak to. Sould Dew latias doesn't even take half the damage that Latios takes from the aforementioned attacks, in fact, Keldeo needs to using a rain boosted specs Hydro pump to deal the same damage to latias as a non-rain specs hydro pump to latios. Half your team lacks a reliable source of recovery on their own, even though they really want one (Lando, Heatran, etc.) so Latias can just sacrifice itself via Healing Wish to replenish the health of one of your mons of your choice. While the power difference is noticeable, Latias hard checks Mega Venasuar and Koko/Keldeo much better and still provides the same Hazard control and its distinctive Healing Wish.

------>

If you choose to make the aforementioned change, then I suggest you switch your offensive heatran to Psychium Z/Bulky Volcarona. Volcarona not only checks the same steel types the Heatran checks, it sets up on them and replaces Heatran as the Z-Crystal holder. In grassy Terrain, Bulky Volcarona sets up in the Face of Lando T and Mamoswine, is independent of healing wish support thanks to roost, and completely manhandles this Pheromosa that you speak of. Shattered Psyche still OHKOes Alolan Marowak, Toxapex, and Garchomp (which is apparently the main reason your using heatran in the first place) and makes up for lack of bloom doom with Giga drain, which at +1, still OHKOes Rotom-Wash and Ash-Greninja and 2hkoes Tapu Fini, so their really isn't much of a point.

-------> EV spread Change

Now on the Phero suspect ladder, you can mess around with your EVs a little. While im not suggesting any particular spread, this is what the 88 defense EVs were for:

• 88 Defense EVs are needed on a neutral nature to always survive a boosted High Jump Kick from Choice Scarf Pheromosa. An Impish nature with no EV investment guarantees Mega Scizor to survive the boosted move at full health.

Pheromosa isn't available on Suspect ladder, so you can decrease the EVs induced into defense and add them to another stat, preferable attack or special defense, respectively.

Last edited:
I dunno, I feel like missing out on Stealth Rock is a big disadvantage to my team composition. I could just run Defensive Lando-T but my team would be weaker to HO that way.

I dunno, I feel like missing out on Stealth Rock is a big disadvantage to my team composition. I could just run Defensive Lando-T but my team would be weaker to HO that way.
You could always try keeping Landorus-T choice scarf and running Stealth Rocks over Knock Off. Landorus-T is often in and out anyways, and your opponent could think you're Z-move Landorus-T once they see Stealth Rocks which can be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)