HeraSweepa

Hello

This team is built for a Heracross Sweep!

At A Glance:

~~Gengar~Ninjask~Milotic~Donphan~Heracross~Starmie~~

Team strategy:
Opening with Gengar, taking mostly at least 1 pokemon with me. Than get the enemy's switches painfull with Donphan's Stealth Rocks. After that switch in Milotic, and spread a little bit of sleep and induce the Rain. After that start a little bit of sweeping with Starmie, but mostly focus on paralys. When status helps me and Rain Dance keeps the Sandstorm/ Hail damage down, I can get Ninjask to substitude and Protect for a long time, with maybe Sword Dance if possible, and use Baton Pass so Heracross At least receives 3 Speed Boosts, and is able to sweep an entire team down.
Battle Style:
Standard Clauses​

Team Display:
~~~~~~~~~~
~~Picture~~~
~~~Picture~~
~~Picture~~~
~~~Picture~~
~~~~~~~~~~
Nickname @ Item
EV Spread
Nature | Ability
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
Team Job:
Way to do:

That should be enough.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Spooky @ Focus Sash
6 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid | Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
Team Job:
Gengar is the teams lead, at least taking down 1 foolish idiot. Begging the lead isn't a T-Tar, Hippo or Aboma, and than use my second turn to Destiny Bond. If i have to switch out, later on his job will be to Sweep Psychical Walls.
Way to Do:
1st turn, depending on the enemy, attack him with one of gengars mighty moves. If i can't OhKO the enemy, i'll probobly swith to Milotic, and else go for a 2hKO. Always, when i have Low HP/ Focus Sash, I will use DB.

Ninja @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly | Speed Boost
- Protect
- Substitude
- Sword Dance
- Baton Pass
Team Job:
Ninjasks job is to pass Speed and if possible Sword Dances to Heracross, helping him to sweep. Protect and Substitude are for more turns.
Way to Do:
Ninjask comes in on one of his many resistances. Uses Protect: +1 Spd. Substitude - Protect and so on. If a Sub survives one turn, Sword Dance. When Ninjaks reaches 4 or more turns, Baton Pass everything to Heracross.

Serpendice @ Damp Rock
252 Hp / 168 Def / 90 SpD
Bold | Marvel Scale
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Recover
Team Job:
Milotics job is to bring Rain in the game, so wasting the Sandstorm/ hail out of the game. Milotic has some good defensive skills, and a good recovery move. Mostly choosen to wall and Rain.
Way to Do:
First she has to Hypnose the enemy. Milotic has Rain Dance, so the rain starts. Mostly to destroy sandstorm and Hail. Becouse of Hypnosis she will mostly get the rain dance for free. Recover is so she can keep walling, and Surf helps here to kill. Not to unrestemate surf, becouse it's STAB+ RD!!

Donphy @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 6 Atk / 252 Spe
Impish | Sturdy
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
Team Job:
Donphans job is to clear and set up Spiking stuff. Ice Shard to handle my Dragon weak and EQ To hit ^^
Way to Do:
Actually, this is a self- explanation. Stealth Rock the 1st turn, if necessary use RS the 2nd turn and than wait for a good moment to leave.

Star- Knight @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 158 SpA / 100 SpD
Timid | Natural Cure
- Psychic
- Thunderwave
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
Team Job:
Starmie is my Paraducer. Thunderwave helps Heracross to sweep even without the Speed Boosts from Ninjask, and also help's Donphan and Milotic to be faster.
Way to Do:
Starmie has to Paralys everything it sees, killing ground type enemy's with Ice beam, and destroy other things with Thunder Bolt, Starmie is a nice pokemon becouse it's able to use the BoltBeam combo, and a recovery move.

Hero Kross @ Toxic Orb
6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant | Guts
- Sword Dance / Pursuit / Night Slash
- Mega Horn
- Close Combat
- Facade / Stone Edge
Team Job:
reaching Victory! Heracross is the team's star. 2 STAB 120 BP moves and a massive attack to work with. Sweeping is his job!
Way to Do:
Heracross is my star pokemon, but also the most troublesome. I Need help with his moves. He is only attacking enemys for optimal kill ratio. The 2nd and 3rd move are sure, I Think Sword Dance might be usefull, and so is Pursuit. But a lack of Stone Edge isn't usefull either..
This was my team, i hope you enjoid.

BTW, I'm still searching for a tread list, could someone post it/ send me something?? Thanx

Tyranitar
Milotic and Starmie can handle, Heracross OHKO's with CC. Donphans EQ hurts too

Gyarados
Starmie and Gengar T- Bolt, Heracross with a rock attack.

Infernape
Milotic slays it, Starmie could handicap it with T Wave and Psychic it

Azelf
Heracross with Mega Horn, Donphan could 2HKO it with Ice Shard

Electivire
Donphan EQ= Kill, Heracross could kill it too

Heracross
Actually, that is my weakness. Starmie could hurt a little

Salamence
Donphans Ice Shard, Heracross Rock Attack and T- Bolt from Starmie and Gengar

Togekiss
Donphans Ice Shard, Heracross Rock Attack and T- Bolt from Starmie and Gengar

Gengar
Gengar, wall with Milotic/ Starmie

Garchomp
Donphans Ice Shard

Lucario
Donphan with EQ, Starmie could wall, Heracross owns it

Starmie
My own Gengar and Starmie

Weavile
Milotic walls it. Slaying it slowly.

Dugtrio
Milotic, Starmie, Heracross and Donphan

Porygon-Z
Heracross and Gengar.

Machamp
Starmies Psychic

Snorlax
Heracross and Gengar

Zapdos
Heracross, and after Stealth rock almost everything

Suicune
Starmie, Gengar and If Fully loaded, Heracross

Breloom
Starmie, Donphan and Heracross.

Ninjask
Rock Attack from heracross and Stealth Rock..

Metagross
EQ From Donphan.

Heatran
EQ from Donphan

Celebi
Ice Shard from Donphan, Mega Horn from Heracross

Jirachi
Some Mega Horning from Heracross

Dragonite
Ice Shard from Donphan

Mamoswine
EQ from Donphan

Gallade
T R O U B L E

Yanmega
Stealth Rock and Ise Shard

Kingdra
Thunder Bolts

Roserade
Just so Fragile, dies with everything ^^

Scizor
Problem

Pokemon that i might need:
- HOUNDOOM Sp Atk version + Nasty Plot. Fire and Dark would really help me!!

Ninjask should be your lead. Bronzong right now owns your current lead and can set up SR, or Hypnosis...

Anyway get rid of those slashes on Heracross... You need to pick a move, not have 3 options for one slot.

Starmie really should have stab. You also have rain dance on your team so stab Surf will hurt anything.

I would really use Burn orb as opposed to Toxic Orb on Heracross. Burn wont reduce your attack w/ guts in case you didnt know.

Also, try not to bump your thread until after 24 hours have passed... otherwise a mod might infract you which would really suck.

I unno, I'd try to use something else over Ninjask. More like, just focus on passing speed. It's more easier to pull off and helps the team in general with it's presence. I'm talking about Zapdos. It still hits hard, gives you some useful resistence, and easier to pass speed and just Roost it off if it fails.

This would also mean just slap Swords Dance in that slot on Heracross. Also nitpicking but you want Burn Orb rather than Toxic Orb on it.

If there's a thing to replace, It'd be Milotic. I find Celebi could be better here, using Rain Dance or not, but it can continue to Thunder Wave and perhaps Leech Seed to help out the team a bit.

I Did know about Durn Orb, but if i have some quick switch ins from hera just for attacking an idiot (XD) i will proboably be better of, than just focusing on that long part

Maybe i need a Jirachi? I need a Special Attacking dude at least, in case Gengar goes down.

maybe Lead with Ninjask and Houndoom > gengar?

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello

This team is built for a Heracross Sweep!

At A Glance:

~~Gengar~Ninjask~Milotic~Donphan~Heracross~Starmie~~

Team strategy:
Opening with Gengar, taking mostly at least 1 pokemon with me. Than get the enemy's switches painfull with Donphan's Stealth Rocks. After that switch in Milotic, and spread a little bit of sleep and induce the Rain. After that start a little bit of sweeping with Starmie, but mostly focus on paralys. When status helps me and Rain Dance keeps the Sandstorm/ Hail damage down, I can get Ninjask to substitude and Protect for a long time, with maybe Sword Dance if possible, and use Baton Pass so Heracross At least receives 3 Speed Boosts, and is able to sweep an entire team down.
Battle Style:
Standard Clauses​

Team Display:
~~~~~~~~~~
~~Picture~~~
~~~Picture~~
~~Picture~~~
~~~Picture~~
~~~~~~~~~~
Nickname @ Item
EV Spread
Nature | Ability
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
Team Job:
Way to do:

That should be enough.

Spooky @ Focus Sash
6 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid | Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
Team Job:
Gengar is the teams lead, at least taking down 1 foolish idiot. Begging the lead isn't a T-Tar, Hippo or Aboma, and than use my second turn to Destiny Bond. If i have to switch out, later on his job will be to Sweep Psychical Walls.
Way to Do:
1st turn, depending on the enemy, attack him with one of gengars mighty moves. If i can't OhKO the enemy, i'll probobly swith to Milotic, and else go for a 2hKO. Always, when i have Low HP/ Focus Sash, I will use DB.

I would suggest putting Counter over Shadow Ball and Hypnosis over Thunderbolt. Counter gives you the ability to take out more than one pokemon before Gengar goes down, and Hypnosis provides the best case scenario of disabling half the opponent's team before Gengar goes down.

Ninja @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly | Speed Boost
- Protect
- Substitude
- Sword Dance
- Baton Pass
Team Job:
Ninjasks job is to pass Speed and if possible Sword Dances to Heracross, helping him to sweep. Protect and Substitude are for more turns.
Way to Do:
Ninjask comes in on one of his many resistances. Uses Protect: +1 Spd. Substitude - Protect and so on. If a Sub survives one turn, Sword Dance. When Ninjaks reaches 4 or more turns, Baton Pass everything to Heracross.

I do not like Ninjask. It, to me is the epitome of an "all-or-nothing" pokemon, if the BP recipient fails to sweep, you'll never get another chance. I would strongly prefer a Rock Polish Gliscor as your speed passer, as it is more durable and can come in multiple times to pass speed to the rest of your team. Furthermore, it can taunt potential phazers like Skarmory and Hippowdon, and has as many stat-passing options as Ninjask. Obviously it lacks Speed Boost, but you shouldn't need more than a single Rock Polish.

Serpendice @ Damp Rock
252 Hp / 168 Def / 90 SpD
Bold | Marvel Scale
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Recover
Team Job:
Milotics job is to bring Rain in the game, so wasting the Sandstorm/ hail out of the game. Milotic has some good defensive skills, and a good recovery move. Mostly choosen to wall and Rain.
Way to Do:
First she has to Hypnose the enemy. Milotic has Rain Dance, so the rain starts. Mostly to destroy sandstorm and Hail. Becouse of Hypnosis she will mostly get the rain dance for free. Recover is so she can keep walling, and Surf helps here to kill. Not to unrestemate surf, becouse it's STAB+ RD!!

I believe that here you are sacrificing a pokemon slot for the mere purpose of eliminating Sandstorm/Hail. This is a Pyrrhic victory at best and a vain hope at worst. I think that your team needs both support and defensive coverage. So a bulky, Impish Jirachi with Zen Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Wish and Reflect could serve your team well, providing Wish and Reflect support, paralyzing the opposing team and even being a threat with flinchax.

Donphy @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 6 Atk / 252 Spe
Impish | Sturdy
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
Team Job:
Donphans job is to clear and set up Spiking stuff. Ice Shard to handle my Dragon weak and EQ To hit ^^
Way to Do:
Actually, this is a self- explanation. Stealth Rock the 1st turn, if necessary use RS the 2nd turn and than wait for a good moment to leave.

I would remove this and use Starmie as your Rapid Spinner. I would replace this with something like Infernape, which can provide an alternate means of offense than Heracross, as well as providing a means to remove Gliscor (Heracross's 1# counter) provided you use Hidden Power Ice.

Star- Knight @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 158 SpA / 100 SpD
Timid | Natural Cure
- Ice Beam
- Thunderwave
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
Team Job:
Starmie is my Paraducer. Thunderwave helps Heracross to sweep even without the Speed Boosts from Ninjask, and also help's Donphan and Milotic to be faster.
Way to Do:
Starmie has to Paralys everything it sees, killing ground type enemy's with Ice beam, and destroy other things with Thunder Bolt, Starmie is a nice pokemon becouse it's able to use the BoltBeam combo, and a recovery move.

Since Jirachi will be providing paralysis for you, a better use for Starmie would be as a Rapid Spinner. I would prefer a somewhat bulky Starmie EV spread, something along the lines of 176 HP /80 Def / 252 Speed with a Timid Nature, with Ice Beam, Surf, Recover, Rapid Spin.

Hero Kross @ Toxic Orb
6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant | Guts
- Sword Dance / Pursuit / Night Slash
- Mega Horn
- Close Combat
- Facade / Stone Edge
Team Job:
reaching Victory! Heracross is the team's star. 2 STAB 120 BP moves and a massive attack to work with. Sweeping is his job!
Way to Do:
Heracross is my star pokemon, but also the most troublesome. I Need help with his moves. He is only attacking enemys for optimal kill ratio. The 2nd and 3rd move are sure, I Think Sword Dance might be usefull, and so is Pursuit. But a lack of Stone Edge isn't usefull either..

First, sub in Flame Orb for Toxic Orb; Guts negates the loss of Attack from Burn and Toxic lessens Heracross's ability to survive.

Heracross needs Swords Dance to get through walls. For the best coverage, Close Combat/Swords Dance/Megahorn/Stone Edge would suffice.

I don't like this team concept. Too one-dimensional, too dependent on one offensive pokemon (and one that is somewhat easy to counter at that), not enough balance. The proposed changes hopefully rectify this situation to an extent, but not enough to overcome your concept's fundamental weaknesses. You will rely heavily on Gengar in particular to deal heavy damage to opposing teams with the Counter/Destiny Bond combination.

Donphan doesn't actually stop Dragons (Ice Shard 3HKOs Yache Chomp while a SD EQ will 2HKO) so replace that and give Starmie Rapid Spin instead. In place I would use SD or mixscarf Lucario with HP Ice which is a great way to bait and kill Gliscor. You really don't have a fast and easy way to beat Ttar/hippo anyways. I would add Bronzong more as a general wall and use Zapdos to pass speed. I suppose another option would be Leftovers on Heracross, which let it last alot longer, though you would have to use SD+Stone Edge.

I think you should teach heracross stone edge and swords dance. swords dance will power up all three attacks, assuming that megahorn, close combat, and stone edge are all physical attacks. Heracross is a physical attacker, it's sp. att is horrible, and so stone edge will take down the flying types, because heracross has a double weakness to flying. and not night slash or pursuit because if you want to take down a ghost type use gengar/shadow ball and for psychic types use megahorn.

Very original nicknames...

Anyways, I would rather use para-support to go for a Swords Dance Heracross sweep. It isn't screwed by Taunt since you can use stuff like Jirachi's Body Slam, Zapdos's Discharge, Snorlax's Body Slam, etc. to paralyze faster foes while Heracross will outrun lower speed tiers.

Either way you slice it, you should have Flame Orb>Toxic Orb on Heracross since it does the same thing without as large of "recoil."

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Either way you slice it, you should have Flame Orb>Toxic Orb on Heracross since it does the same thing without as large of "recoil."
This actually depends. Initially in three turns, Toxic Orb damage will obviously do more. HOWEVER, in the first two turns it will actually be less of a "recoil". Think of it like this: Burn does 12% each turn, so in two turns you have around 24% HP lost. Now with Toxic Orb, you lose 6% the first turn and 12% the next. This means you lose only 18% compared to 24%.

However, I have to agree. First off, the team is annihilated by (OMG) Taunt entirely. Milotic, Ninjask, and Starmie will definately not enjoy Taunt and yes, you have Thunderbolt on Starmie, but Gyarados will just laugh while he runs off, crippling your chances of winning. Then, since Ninjask isn't leading, he's going to suffer 50% switching into Stealth Rock once. If it wasn't for the fact that you have Thunderbolt, I'd say you're nothing more but Gyarados lunch. And FINALLY, 4 out of 6 Pokemon are BoltBeam weak, which adds up badly against you switching into Starmie.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm talking about Zapdos. It still hits hard, gives you some useful resistence, and easier to pass speed and just Roost it off if it fails.
What are the relative merits of Rock Polish Gliscor over Agilty Zapdos or vice versa? Zapdos brings more speed, special defense, and hitting ability with STAB Thunderbolt to the table, whereas Gliscor brings the ability to Taunt, and has greater physical defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)