Help!!! (UU RMT)

Hello I'm Golden Sun and I've been trying to make upper requirements for a few days now. This team has gotten to me about 1580 CRE until a massive tilt took me back down to where I started. I need your helpers because I wanna make upper reqs and I really can't be bothered to write paragraphs.

All my Life (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Shard
- Thunderbolt

Ice Shard Lass starts off the match nicely acting as a sort of anti-lead and a spiker. This functions very similarly to Suicide Lead Lass. ThunderBolt is for stuff that Froslass usuallly can't get past like Omastar lead and Cloyster lead. Shadow Ball is for opposing enemy leads (mainly Froslass). Spikes is there for obvious reasons whilst Ice Shard is a great Priority move which lets you take out enemy leads who carry a sash. I like to keep Lass alive if possible because Dual Ghosts means no spinning for you and it really is my only answer to NP mismagius since it outspeeds and puts a huge dent in it with shadow ball.

---

My Hero (Mismagius) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot

Mismagius acts as my main spin blocker because Feoslass usually dies in the process of setting up spikes. I've chosen HP fighting > Thunderbolt because it's prven to be useful against Registeel but the imperfect spd IV leaves me so Mismagius weak it's not funny. If Froslass has died while getting spikes up (which it usually does) Mismagius can quite easily 6-0 me. I've been considering a scarf rotom here so that I can still have a spin blocker and a way to revenge Missy. What do you guys think?

---

DOA (Milotic) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 176 HP/248 Def/86 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Haze

GLUE GLUE GLUE!!!. Milotic acts as the glue of the team because it's so awesome. Without this thing I am weak to so much stuff which is why once this beast goes down it's basically Game Over for me. Surf is a great stab and lets it hit the fire types it switches into so often. I have found Ice Beam to be more useful then HP grass to hit the annoying grass type switch ins. Haze is really good and helps me against Curse Users and I have won a few matches because it came down to PP stalling and haze won it for me.

---

Everlong (Arcanine) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Thunder Fang
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Iron Head

CB Arcanine is a beast. it is my answer to nearly everything because if your under 60% this beast is gonna pick you off. It is probably MVP since without this so many things would sweep me in a heartbeat. Thunder Fang is there to 2 K.O the annoying Milotic switch ins. Flare Blitz is a strongth stab and manages a 2 K.O on about everything. Not much can switch into Flare Blitz unless they resist it. Iron Head is mainly there because not much else can go there (it actually won me a game once. Sorry about that Bluewind).

---

Best of You (Venusaur) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Sleep Powder

SD Vena. Where to start on this thing. After an SD it reaches 526 attack which is nothing to scoff at and it can sometimes even get 2 in. Sleep Powder is there to put it's counters to sleep. Power Whip is there because it is basically Vena's only good physical move. Earthquake is there to hit steels who resist Power Whip. This is my main answer to Milotic and if it goes down Milotic can outstall my other pokes. This thing is absolutely a beast and can rape stall after only an SD.

---

Pretender (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Donphan is probably the best Spinner for an offensive team. Donphan was put here for 2 reasons.
a) to get rid of the Stealth Rock that Arcanine hates
b) to set up some rocks of my own
Donphan can also hit really hard of a neat base 120 attack stat and is probably the best Spinner for this team. Earthquake is their because it's an awesome stab. Rapid Spin is there to remove Entry hazards that Arcanine and Froslass hate. Stealth Rock is a must on every team now a days and Ice Shard is a great Prioity move that lets me pick nearly anything weak to Ice type moves​
---

It's been to fun to ladder with this team and I'm hoping that I can have some success with it before I make a new team. Plz help me reach Upper Requirements.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello Golden Sun ▲,

Looks like a solid UU team to me, but I have several ideas to make this team potentially better. First thing I notice is the CB Arcanine, yes it is strong, but it dies way too quickly and you ultimately need something to remove bulky waters. What I'm trying to say is that you really want to keep your Arcanine alive, otherwise Venusaur will be problematic. Furthermore, another problem I see is your bird issues, namely Swellow. Without a proper resist, things are going to get hurt, even with three priorities on your hand.

To patch up the aforementioned threats, I will like to make a suggestion that might be beneficial for both CB Arcanine and your bird issues. Try out a baitlix found on the analysis, which is an Adamant nature with the item Passho berry and the EVs 100 HP / 164 Atk / 244 SpD with the movesets Stealth Rock / Explosion / Earthquake / Iron Head. Although its sort of an "outside-the-box" suggestion, you'll find that this will keep your team on an offensive momentum. Additionally, a baitlix is just the perfect Pokemon to lure Milotic and Slowbro - two common Cb Arcanine checks. You Explode as they stay in and fail to OHKO you with Surf, they drop dead, Arcanine sweeps quite easily now. Furthermore, you have your Flying resist and an additional Ghost resist if Mismagius might be too problematic for you (ones who run Thunderbolt to avoid the 30 speed ivs). You're not missing anything this because killing bulky waters gives you some form of synergy, which totally outweighs the lack of spinning for this team (not a huge issue imo with leadlass).

As for other options, Leftovers Venusaur is probably the best item for Swords Dance set. I promise you that you'll enjoy the extra survivability to switch into stuff more frequently. (especially those who predict ice beam). With LO down, you'll lose life too quickly. Besides, what is the extra power benefiting you from? Power Whip hurts most physical walls since they are weak to Grass. Alternate between Hp Grass and Ice Beam on Milotic, I find that this is the hardest choice to make but it seems like Hp grass is more beneficial because you can always double switch to arcanine if you are afraid of grass-types. alternatively, venusaur can check opposing grass-types as a back up. overall gl.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I 2nd the switch to HP Grass or HP Electric on Milotic, because I can see a good Rain team causing you problems. At least with HP Grass/Electric, you can hurt Kabutops, Gorebyss and other Rain sweepers (Although Surf would do more than HP Electric to Kabutops)

Hello Golden Sun ▲,

Looks like a solid UU team to me, but I have several ideas to make this team potentially better. First thing I notice is the CB Arcanine, yes it is strong, but it dies way too quickly and you ultimately need something to remove bulky waters. What I'm trying to say is that you really want to keep your Arcanine alive, otherwise Venusaur will be problematic. Furthermore, another problem I see is your bird issues, namely Swellow. Without a proper resist, things are going to get hurt, even with three priorities on your hand.

To patch up the aforementioned threats, I will like to make a suggestion that might be beneficial for both CB Arcanine and your bird issues. Try out a baitlix found on the analysis, which is an Adamant nature with the item Passho berry and the EVs 100 HP / 164 Atk / 244 SpD with the movesets Stealth Rock / Explosion / Earthquake / Iron Head. Although its sort of an "outside-the-box" suggestion, you'll find that this will keep your team on an offensive momentum. Additionally, a baitlix is just the perfect Pokemon to lure Milotic and Slowbro - two common Cb Arcanine checks. You Explode as they stay in and fail to OHKO you with Surf, they drop dead, Arcanine sweeps quite easily now. Furthermore, you have your Flying resist and an additional Ghost resist if Mismagius might be too problematic for you (ones who run Thunderbolt to avoid the 30 speed ivs). You're not missing anything this because killing bulky waters gives you some form of synergy, which totally outweighs the lack of spinning for this team (not a huge issue imo with leadlass).

As for other options, Leftovers Venusaur is probably the best item for Swords Dance set. I promise you that you'll enjoy the extra survivability to switch into stuff more frequently. (especially those who predict ice beam). With LO down, you'll lose life too quickly. Besides, what is the extra power benefiting you from? Power Whip hurts most physical walls since they are weak to Grass. Alternate between Hp Grass and Ice Beam on Milotic, I find that this is the hardest choice to make but it seems like Hp grass is more beneficial because you can always double switch to arcanine if you are afraid of grass-types. alternatively, venusaur can check opposing grass-types as a back up. overall gl.
I might try it out but Baitlix seems kind of gimmicky

I 2nd the switch to HP Grass or HP Electric on Milotic, because I can see a good Rain team causing you problems. At least with HP Grass/Electric, you can hurt Kabutops, Gorebyss and other Rain sweepers (Although Surf would do more than HP Electric to Kabutops)
I will try it out but Ice Beam just seems to be better

if you're having trouble with speedy mismagius, why not consider crunch on arcanine?
Crunch won't help since Missy will still outspeed and K.O after SR

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
sup golden sun!

anyway im not all that good at rating teams but id like to give you a suggestion. In the team i used previously i ran an LOarcanine. Now at least to me it was far superior to CB arcanine. You may think itd have lolable longetivity due to flare blitz+LO eating up its hp as if it were nothing, but at least in my experience it seemed to last a lot longer thanks to morning sun. Another advantage of running LO arcanine is that you can also run hp grass, which beats stupid rhyperior switchins(and quagsire i guess if any still uses that). Now i personally prefer running adamant since this way you retain arcanines natural bulk which is so useful. Even with the -SpA nature you still do 212 Atk vs 146 Def & 414 HP (70 Base Power): 384 - 452 (92.75% - 109.18%) to max hp min spD rhyperior. If you choose to run a nature that doesnt lower spA you guarantee the OHKO though.

Arcanine @life orb
Naive
252 atk/252spe/6hp
~flare blitz
~hp grass
~morning sun
~extremespeed

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)