Help me reach 100 in a row in battle tower

This is my team and I'm just looking for some opinions. I think it's pretty good but I also think there is some room for improvement. I'm trying to reach 100 in a row in battle tower, so here we go:

Latios @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
Ev's: 252 Sp.Atk /252 Spd/6 HP
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hidden Power [Fire]

One of my best guys, this guy is probably staying, in other words I don't want to replace him

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ev's: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Energy Ball
-Counter
-Destiny Bond
-Hypnosis/Shadow Ball

Right now it has shadow ball, but I was considering hypnosis on it. Energy ball is a must stay on gengar because it cleans up anything latios dosen't 1 or 2 hit KO like ground-waters with ice attacks, like swapert for example.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Trait: Traut
Ev's: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
-Return
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Fire Punch

Aboslutly monsterous, blows up anything, and since there is no prediction or switching in battle tower, he works great.

Like I said, gengar is the first guy I'm willing to replace if you think I should swap any team memebers, the others have been working great for me so I prefer to keep them

I do have a AR so any hidden powers etc. I do have access to

Edit: Snap, it just occured to me that since there is a thread for this it might be against the rules to post teams like this for battle tower. I hope I'm not breaking any rules or anything

Keep Energy Ball if you will, but there is good options beside Gengar for this.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 SpAtt/ 252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Att)
-Grass Knot
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

hits a lot supereffective. It counters Bulky Waters, such as Swampert and Suicune with Grass Knot, counters Gyarados and Dragons with ease, and will crush any pokemon weak to it in its attacks.

Two Problems with this- you have two choice, so you might be forced to switch. As rare as it might be, if something picks lucky, they might kill you. And if you run into a Weavile, you are in a lot of trouble. Tyranitar can survive a grass knot, so be careful.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Timid (+Spe, -Att)
-Grass Knot
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

hits a lot supereffective. It counters Bulky Waters, such as Swampert and Suicune with Grass Knot, counters Gyarados and Dragons with ease, and will crush any pokemon weak to it in its attacks.

Two Problems with this- you have two choice, so you might be forced to switch. As rare as it might be, if something picks lucky, they might kill you. And if you run into a Weavile, you are in a lot of trouble. Tyranitar can survive a grass knot, so be careful.
No no no, like you said, 2 choice attacks. @ Life orb, psychic > grass knot...or.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid ~ 252 spd, 252 sp atk, 4 HP
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot

Try the azelf, it works well.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Timid (+Spe, -Att)
-Grass Knot
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Thanks, I'll probably give it a shot after I try azelf because like you said the starmie you gave me has a choice item, and one time I tried a team with three choice users and it didn't work well. So when I do use it I might give it something else

L E A V E1 said:
No no no, like you said, 2 choice attacks. @ Life orb, psychic > grass knot...or.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid ~ 252 spd, 252 sp atk, 4 HP
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot

Try the azelf, it works well.
I've tried azelf before, but it was either a nasty plot set or choice specs set, so I'll give it a second chance with your set. If at all possible, is there any room for explosion on your azelf set? I think that move would work well if there is room. Also, would expert belt make a decent alternate items for azelf with the set you have now? I've done life orb before and I think the recoil could cost me

Yeah was gonna post what Merubin said, consider either WiseGlasses or Leftovers. Azelf does extremely well in the battle tower.

@Prof. Hans I've tried giga impact. It works fairly well but is a bit risky if they switch in a guy who has close combat (happened to me twice)

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. Here's my updated team if you want to try and improve it some more

Latios @ Life Orb
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hidden Power [Fire]

Azelf @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot
-Flamethrower

Slaking @ Choice Band
Trait: Traut
Ev's: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
-Return
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Fire Punch

Seeing as I spent months and months talking theorymon to Jumpman about the BT I think I can help you out without even having played the game!

Problem stuff for your team from here: http://mewn.psupedia.info/Pokemon/BTMovesets.htm
560 Heracross Adamant Scope Lens Close Combat Aerial Ace Night Slash Bulk Up HP/Atk/Sp. Def

Obviously Lati and Azelf can kill it, but it will put a hurting in something with Close Combat no matter what. Combine with the fact that it has Scope Lens and HP/SpDef investment, and you really should be wary of this one. A way to solve this would be departing Slaking for something that does not give Heracross a chance, but I would say this is not :that: big of a problem since it can only come in after Slaking has already pulled you ahead. Still, in 3v3, every Pokemon is important.

562 Houndoom Adamant Passho Berry Fire Fang Thunder Fang Crunch Will-O-Wisp HP/Atk/Speed

Same thing in reverse. You have to revengekill this with Slaking, because Azelf cannot touch it really, and it survives Latios thanks to Passho (Water resist berry). Slaking risks a Will-o-Wisp, but is comfortable eating the other moves.

637 Medicham Lonely Brightpowder Attract Focus Punch Drain Punch Ice Punch Atk/Speed

Yeah, this thing hurts them all, thank god for you Slaking outspeeds and OHKOs, not sure if the others do.

708 Shuckle Bold Leftovers Double Team Substitute Toxic Sandstorm HP/Def/Sp. Def

This is only solved by setting up Nasty Plot on Azelf and hoping for the best, because it will outstall you. And with Battle Tower as lucky and Shuckle as defensive, this is going to be really hard.

734 Dusknoir Brave Spell Tag Trick Room Shadow Punch Earthquake Ice Punch HP/Atk

If you kill it after it Trick Rooms, you could be in trouble against certain slow threats. Slaking is going to take several turns, and the others risk a Shadow Punch. Nonetheless you will 2HKO with Shadow Claw, just beware Trick Room.

744 Gyarados Jolly King's Rock Waterfall Ice Fang Bite Dragon Dance Def/Sp. Def/Speed

While King's Rock isn't doing anything for it, you must be aware of the flinching threat that hits your Psychics SE while Slaking cannot KO it, and will now miss even more turns due to the combination of Truant and flinch.

747 Blissey Bold Brightpowder Counter Hyper Beam Shadow Ball Snatch HP/Def

This is not really a threat once you know what it is, but I'm just telling you now not to jump the Slaking gun directly once you see Blissey. For all you know, it could be this one. The problem is that Shadow Ball will indeed hurt Azelf, especially if it Snatches Nasty Plot, and Lati@s is going to cripple itself with Life Orb recoil and more of Shadow Ball.

756 Metagross Adamant Quick Claw Meteor Mash Earthquake Zen Headbutt Arm Hammer HP/Atk

Indeed, that is going to hurt something no matter what, and it will happen twice if Quick Claw works against you.

I could go on and on, but I'll go to the advice part now.

I would not go all out offense on this BT, especially not with two defensively frail Psychics with similar weaknesses. If anything, I would add some kind of Steel to cover their gaps, because Slaking is not going to do it that well.

Above Pokemon don't automatically mean you lose, they just give you a chance you do, and even a chance as low as 3% is going to prove fatal if you're going to try for a sky high record.

Seeing as I spent months and months talking theorymon to Jumpman about the BT I think I can help you out without even having played the game!

Problem stuff for your team from here: http://mewn.psupedia.info/Pokemon/BTMovesets.htm
560 Heracross Adamant Scope Lens Close Combat Aerial Ace Night Slash Bulk Up HP/Atk/Sp. Def

Obviously Lati and Azelf can kill it, but it will put a hurting in something with Close Combat no matter what. Combine with the fact that it has Scope Lens and HP/SpDef investment, and you really should be wary of this one. A way to solve this would be departing Slaking for something that does not give Heracross a chance, but I would say this is not :that: big of a problem since it can only come in after Slaking has already pulled you ahead. Still, in 3v3, every Pokemon is important.

I actually don't see this one being a threat since all of my guys, including slaking can go first and OHKO it

562 Houndoom Adamant Passho Berry Fire Fang Thunder Fang Crunch Will-O-Wisp HP/Atk/Speed

Same thing in reverse. You have to revengekill this with Slaking, because Azelf cannot touch it really, and it survives Latios thanks to Passho (Water resist berry). Slaking risks a Will-o-Wisp, but is comfortable eating the other moves.

Usually I kill these guys with surf but since you did say it would have the water weakening berry, it could pose a threat. For this reason I was considering hidden power fighting on azelf, it would help beat this guy and the likes of heatran. Your thoughts mekkah?

637 Medicham Lonely Brightpowder Attract Focus Punch Drain Punch Ice Punch Atk/Speed

Yeah, this thing hurts them all, thank god for you Slaking outspeeds and OHKOs, not sure if the others do.

708 Shuckle Bold Leftovers Double Team Substitute Toxic Sandstorm HP/Def/Sp. Def

This is only solved by setting up Nasty Plot on Azelf and hoping for the best, because it will outstall you. And with Battle Tower as lucky and Shuckle as defensive, this is going to be really hard.

Surf should 2HKO, but like you said, it's a risk I'm not willing to take due to the 3% thing you mentioned

734 Dusknoir Brave Spell Tag Trick Room Shadow Punch Earthquake Ice Punch HP/Atk

If you kill it after it Trick Rooms, you could be in trouble against certain slow threats. Slaking is going to take several turns, and the others risk a Shadow Punch. Nonetheless you will 2HKO with Shadow Claw, just beware Trick Room.

Gosh, boy do I hate these things, I've fought these before and I understand why these are probalamatic. I will have to be careful like you said

744 Gyarados Jolly King's Rock Waterfall Ice Fang Bite Dragon Dance Def/Sp. Def/Speed

While King's Rock isn't doing anything for it, you must be aware of the flinching threat that hits your Psychics SE while Slaking cannot KO it, and will now miss even more turns due to the combination of Truant and flinch.

I'll take note of that

747 Blissey Bold Brightpowder Counter Hyper Beam Shadow Ball Snatch HP/Def

This is not really a threat once you know what it is, but I'm just telling you now not to jump the Slaking gun directly once you see Blissey. For all you know, it could be this one. The problem is that Shadow Ball will indeed hurt Azelf, especially if it Snatches Nasty Plot, and Lati@s is going to cripple itself with Life Orb recoil and more of Shadow Ball.

I understand what you mean, same goes for mirror coat milotic, I've lost due to mirror coat before, I'll take a note of her counter

756 Metagross Adamant Quick Claw Meteor Mash Earthquake Zen Headbutt Arm Hammer HP/Atk

Indeed, that is going to hurt something no matter what, and it will happen twice if Quick Claw works against you.

True, I actually lost to a quick clawing granbull, who knows what this could do, I guess the only thing I can do is hope for the best that he dosen't get quick claw and I kill it will my fire moves

I could go on and on, but I'll go to the advice part now.

I would not go all out offense on this BT, especially not with two defensively frail Psychics with similar weaknesses. If anything, I would add some kind of Steel to cover their gaps, because Slaking is not going to do it that well.

Above Pokemon don't automatically mean you lose, they just give you a chance you do, and even a chance as low as 3% is going to prove fatal if you're going to try for a sky high record.

Actually I have found that all out offence is what works for me, but do you have any ideas as to what to replace slaking? I was considering swords dance scizor/skarmory but I tried them they didn't work well, and I've tried metagross, he dosen't work that well for me. Basically I don't like metero mash's accuracy and if I go with the punches he dosen't have enough power

Btw thanks for all the help guys, this thread got a lot more replies than my other ones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)