Gen 3 Having Trouble With This Team

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I decided to pull an old team, or at least 5 out of 6 of the original (couldn't remember the last slot). The basis of the team, back then, was to use Regice, P2, and Magneton to spread paralysis and get rid of Skarmory so that SD Heracross would have free reign. I'm not comfortable with Thunder Wave in most slots anymore, so I've revamped it a little in an attempt to make a decent team:

Liz Enthusiasm (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 140 SAtk / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Psych Up
- Rest

I like Thunder for vs Suicune, so I'm on the fence with the second moveslot.

Drinking Bird (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Recover

Hopefully, Magneton snipes Skarmory, opposing Dugtrio kills Magneton, and P2 gets a free kill, leaving Heracross relatively safe.

Eric (Magneton) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SAtk / 152 SDef / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

I dislike not having at least one Sleep Talker. It'd be a job for Regice, but then Suicune wrecks my shit if I don't use Psych Up.

Big Brother (Heracross) (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn

Army of Me (Metagross) @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

I originally had HP Grass + Leftovers to clear out Swampert to make way for Salamence, but this is my only real counter to Snorlax, and I have to hit it hard without Sand Stream to help out.

Blue Drives Monster (Salamence) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 152 HP / 232 Atk / 124 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

And a fighting resist/ground immunity for good measure.

Team feels slow and without Spikes or Para, doesn't create a consistent condition for Heracross to set up at all. I also get bogged down by numerous offensive threats if I'm not careful.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think you're overestimating just how much Suicune has the potential to screw you over without Regice. Mence can switch in on IB-less variants, and with IB variants Hera can scare it, P2 can force it to Rest, and Metagross can boom if things get dicey. You can probably live without Regice and go with something else, or at least run ST on it so Mag can run Twave or whatever.

Or not, I mean lack of sand stream probably makes it harder to deal with than I expect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)